Status
Not open for further replies.

binkyb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hi everyone, I got a sample of the megamax from Northshore and oh gosh are they absorbant, I have used safari, magnifico, 24/7s but these seem to have a lot more capacity as they wick up the back, my first soaked change was a heavy heavy diaper and really didn't leak till I made it. I see a lot of comments for the better dry but I havn't tried that. Anyone used both and prefer one over the other. I usually like to fill mine to the max and these certainly hold a lot. Just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion before I order in case i'm missing something. Its hard to beat a big squishy warm diaper

IMHO, megamax are one of the best performing diapers on the market right now. They're just as good as the Ultra and PeekABU, but with improved tapes.

better dry feel cheap compared to mega max, they hold about the same though

How comfortable are they at the end of the day after a few wettings?

Mega max are awesome. Only diaper that I can sleep through the night without worrying about leaks! I'm a side sleeper and for some reason they seem to do the trick even when Rearz Safari leaked out the side for me.

They do swell up a lot and take more than a few wettings, the plastic is soft so super comfortable and thanks everyone for your input I like them big and squishy

I really like the Megamax a lot. ESPECIALLY love the enormous sized tapes. They feel like they're insanely secure, I guess because of the amount of surface area being stuck to the taping zone.

I went to using the Betterdry’s 24/7 and with Booster pads at night to Betterdrys during the day and the MegaMax’s at night now. If I need to go a longer period between changes, I’ll definitely grab a MegaMax. It’s slowly becoming my all the time diaper.

They don’t clump like the Betterdrys do and I have found that I don’t tape them as tightly as I do the Betterdrys because they will cause more skin irritation the tighter they are. I’ve had a couple leaks, but that’s because I’ve slept on my side too long at night.

Great diaper but one of the most expensive out there.

Bellybag58 said:
Great diaper but one of the most expensive out there.

I figured out that it’s cheaper for me to sleep in a MegaMax by itself than it is to sleep in a Betterdry and two booster pads due to me being a side sleeper.

As I have been posting, I've recently bought a case of Better Drys based on all the positive chatter about them. They aren't too bad for the price, being about 1.50 each (case price). Love to try the mega max but at 2 bucks a piece a little rich for my blood. I have found that the Rearz Inspires are awesome and for only 1.65 ea. They are super thick, great heavy, thick front panel, landing zone. Tapes really stick and hold an amazing amount. Really swell up and get super thick. Great buy for the money.

Put on a MegaMax early this morning after a New Years party and drinking plenty of liquid. Had a pretty good wetting before going to sleep and woke up later in the night and wet again. Wet again when I woke up this morning and still wearing it with a few small wettings. No leaks, feels great and tapes holding well. I like them more than betterdry. The capacity may be comparable, but the better drys don’t have a tape panel so they start to stretch a little and close to tearing the shell, and can’t be repositioned without tearing the shell. Betterdry losses it’s snug fit or starts to tear before I can use it to capacity sometimes. Still a great diaper, but think I prefer MegaMax.

I switched to mega max for my night time wetting and could not be happier. Yes at 2. bucks apiece a little pricey but no leaks like i was getting with dry 24/7.

All its is is a rears diaper..... With a north shore print

Robert1 said:
All its is is a rears diaper..... With a north shore print
I've used almost all of Rearz diapers (They have 2 models with different shell art), and I can confidently say that the megamax isn't even remotely similar to any of the Rearz on the market currently.

Reactions: Bokeh
I've tried both. Megamax is very similar to the ABU Simple Ultra and PeekABU diapers. The will easily hold up for 10-12 hours, and really are great daytime diapers. After that they threaten to leak from around the back of the legs, though leaks do tend to be smaller. They do have lower tapes, but they are positioned a little too high. I found you need to place them below the tape landing zone, and have them angled down in order to work correctly. They do provide a decent snug fit around the legs this way, but beware they will be permanently stuck and cannot be repositioned or removed without destroying the shell.

In comparison, betterdry (or crinklz) will hold up for 16+ hours. After that leaks can occur from either the legs or waist, which also tend to be smaller leaks at first. The shell does feel thin but always holds up for me just fine, even with active wear. However, the shell will rip if after 12 hours of wear you try to retighten the tapes. (Which will further stretch the shell). So as long as you get a good fit with the tapes on the first try then one diaper can last a full day, even with staying well hydrated.

I also found the mega max diapers are NOT good for my overnight side sleeping. They will leak on me every single night, in spite of changi g just before bed. This is because of the slightly lower sap content and less front side padding as compared to betterdry. Though betterdry will still slightly leak on me about once a week too I have found them to be the best currently available.

I just love the Megamax except for the northshore on the wings.. Oh well the tapes are the strongest I have ever experienced and it takes a ton to get to the point of leaking.. I did leak a few drops today when I was sleeping, but also I drank a ton of water and coffee and work last night.. Oh well these could easily become my new diaper to wear 24/7..

Anyone from the UK know if we can buy these here? I'd love to try them but I've never seen Northshore stocked by any of my regular sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from the gym with the girlfriend, she's taking a shower then I'm next, megamax is gone the choice, we did cardio and legs tonight, I drank a ton of water before, during and after the work out.

Megamax do leak, and if you have a belly like I do they don't conform well to the body.
Use a BetterDry, cloth pull up, and plastic or pul pants, you'll never have another leak. (My opinion.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back