Lack cloth backed abdl diapers available

failedsystem

Est. Contributor
Only preschools are available to my knowledge. Sad thing is that it looks so bad and cheap. An adult diaper with a cheap plastic sticker on the top to make it babyish. The tapes are plastic and have four tapes instead of just 2. Its really a lazy attempt when you consider that cushies didn't have any of those draw backs and look more like a baby diaper than preschools. How do you take that much of a step back. I was looking forward to preschools for a year and now the small sizes have misaligned strips on top of looking cheap. I'm surprised ABU hasn't faced any backlash for it. They removed a better design for a cheap looking one. Why hasn't tykables or northshore tried to make one yet? Everything is already plastic backed. Why not add a single cloth backed one? Cushies shows that we had better cloth backed diapers in the past, we can do better. It boggles my mind.

It is odd that even Tykables are not really "Cloth backed" as they are a Hybrid Plastic Backed Diaper; with a cloth-like cover in certain areas.

The best Cloth Backes Adult Diaper I ever tried was Seni Quatros, but that is a Medical Style Diaper, and I have heard those slipped in quality (as a lot of Medical Style Diapers tend to over time).

You would think there would be a true cloth backed ABDL Diaper out there that is really high quality and super absorbent (like Seni Quatros, but with a better print and 2 tabs would also be cool instead of 4; as ABU Kiddos shows that 2 tabs can work in an ABDL Diaper)

I believe the main reason for most ABDL diapers being plastic-backed is that cloth-like shells are generally considered cheaper and lower quality, and that people are very interested in the smooth, soft plastic feel of diapers similar to what they were exposed to earlier in life. Baby diapers are a commodity, where low price is a major factor. ABDL diapers on the other hand are more of a luxury, where price is less important and premium features are a bigger selling point. The retailers are aware of their customers' preferences, and will stock what sells better. This influences what sort of product designs are made available over in China and elsewhere, which has a bit of a feedback-loop back to the sellers, determining what products they can sell, due to manufacturing availability and cost. (since less demand leads to lower manufacturing volume, which increases costs all the way to the consumer)

I would love for the ABU kiddos/Cushies (with front waistband) to come in a cloth like cover. everyone loves the plastic because that's what they had as a kid but I remember what I feel like the same as current production diapers and I would like something like them. sure do like the cloth preschools though.

Back