Abu

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I know that the peek Abu is very absorbing... but what other brand is it comparable/ similar to? Thanks cheaper or another option?

Northshore mega max.

I totally agree NorthShore Mega Max Diapers are amazing. I had one on for 12 hours yesterday and when I changed my diaper it still had room to absorb more pee pee. The tapes are amazing too. Dare I say too good. I struggle to get them off. They are expensive but not the toon of ABU. Plus they’re super comfy and get really squishy.

qwertyqwerty said:
I know that the peek Abu is very absorbing... but what other brand is it comparable/ similar to? Thanks cheaper or another option?

In addition to MegaMax, over in Europe you can go to SaveExpress and pick up a MyDiaper Ultra locally. Ultra and PeekABU are sized about one whole size small, so if you're a Large, you'll need an XL from them. NorthShore's MegaMax is sized more normally, and has upgraded the tapes. MegaMax also cost less in the USA, and MyDiaper Ultra are cheaper if you're in Europe.

ABU also has Simple Ultra, which are all-white PeekABUs. (it's interesting to see SaveExpress and ABU both refer to them as "Ultra", I wonder who's copying who there?)

Also after a little consideration, I think that SaveExpress's Ultras are using a thinner tape panel than the other two. It's more crinkly and flexible / not as smooth as the other two, but I've managed to tear a few of them when removing tapes during changes. (either that or the glue on the tapes is a lot stronger?) So there are a few minor differences here and there, but the padding, shell shape/size, leak guards, and elastics are all identical, meaning performance is about the same for all of these.

My personal preference is for the MegaMax - I like all-white better than ABU or SaveExpress's patterns, the improved tapes are a big plus, and who doesn't like saving a little on their diapers?

LOL - after reading many threads containing either new products or product comparisons would it be safe to say we've been in a diaper war for the past year or 2? I think so, either way as a consumer of these products I can not wrap my head around the options or variety we have today, just 10 years ago there were only a few suppliers in town, now it seems everywhere you look someone has something better or stock of something else.

Crinklz/Better dry has some crazy absorbancy at a good price point.

There's a review on them here on adisc as well

Back