Being charged for things you didn't buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Apparently someone had gotten into my Mom/Brothers apple account and through a bunch of mostly small transactions charged about $80 in a month; here I was thinking I was broke and it wasn't me it was someone else and we dont know who it was (unless somebody is lying, I think it was my Moms Grandaughter, (my niece) or one of my Nieces Sisters/Brother playing with her phone).

I tried contacting Apple and I was almost able to get a chargeback to my account but my name isn't on the account so I couldn't get them to do it without contacting my Mom who is the one who's name is on the account.

I guess life is a party if you arent the one paying for it.

Last edited:
There is a sublime satisfaction that comes from self-sufficiency and making one's own way in the world — an ability to look others in the eye with genuine self-assurance and self-respect — that those who steal or cheat cannot know or experience. By stealing, they are depriving themselves of something more valuable than what they take. I think of this as "karma".

Sapphyre said:
There is a sublime satisfaction that comes from self-sufficiency and making one's own way in the world — an ability to look others in the eye with genuine self-assurance and self-respect — that those who steal or cheat cannot know or experience. By stealing, they are depriving themselves of something more valuable than what they take. I think of this as "karma".

Yeah, it is an amazing feeling when you can tell people "oh yeah, at least I bought everything I own myself"

Having been the victim of ID fraud at least twice, I can say it is frustrating and the people who commit it are complete losers. I like knowing I own my stuff and I'm entitled to it. If an ID thief (or any thief in general for that matter gets robbed) they can't say jack sh#t imo

Fortunately Apple is pretty secure although it's always possible someone can get a hold of someone's info. Usually though, I've heard stories of family members getting a little frivilous with shared Apple accounts hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back