Dependacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadisonDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been wearing 24/7 for about 6 months now exclusively. While at first I had to make myself use my diapers, is it common to become dependent on them. Like now, I go with out thinking and my bowels are the same. Get the feeling I have to go and both empty out before I can get to bathroom. Have I untrained myself or could it be more of a medical issue?

I'd say at the very least, it's not something that must happen as a result of long term wearing. I've gone longer than six months and felt no degradation of capacity or control. Having said that, I still hold and release most of the time as if I were still using the toilet. I'd say try testing yourself to hold past that initial urge and see how it goes. Maybe practice some kegel exercises: https://www.healthline.com/health/kegel-exercises#cautions

I'm always a little nervous when I first come out of my diapers. I guess I get comfortable, and I worry that I'll forget that I don't have one on. I've had a problem with leaking slightly before I get to the potty anyway, so I use the little pads. My auntie says I just need to stay diapered or at least use a pull up style if I don't want a bulky diaper at work.

Wearing diapers exclusively (as I do) can have some effects. The size of your bladder, and subsequently the amount it can hold decreases. There is a muscle called the detrusor muscle stretches as the bladder expands with filling of the bladder. as the bladder fills, it sends a message to the brain prompting the need to void. With the shrinking of the bladder the muscle senses fullness more frequently increasing the number and volume of urine voiding. While wearing a diaper, voiding becomes easier leading to frequent but smaller volume in voiding. This process can lead to urge incontinence.

alwayz said:
Wearing diapers exclusively (as I do) can have some effects. The size of your bladder, and subsequently the amount it can hold decreases. There is a muscle called the detrusor muscle stretches as the bladder expands with filling of the bladder. as the bladder fills, it sends a message to the brain prompting the need to void. With the shrinking of the bladder the muscle senses fullness more frequently increasing the number and volume of urine voiding. While wearing a diaper, voiding becomes easier leading to frequent but smaller volume in voiding. This process can lead to urge incontinence.

Frequent but smaller reduces the chance of leaks though, and the amount of changes you will need... you might become urge incontinent, but you're wearing the right underwear for it if you do!

The problem with holding it in and then releasing is that you can flood the diaper and have leaks. I'm home all the time do I can wear plastic pants to hold the leaks and can easily change.

I wear diapers pretty much everyday except when I’m at work, when I’m wearing a pretty much free flow, that means with no effort if I have to pee I just go, I notice on the weekends when I go 24/7 that my bladder automatically empties with little thought and feeling, it’s usually small amounts, it does feel very relaxing to me to be trained enough to do this. When I go back to underwear on Monday morning I have no I’ll effects, no leakage issues and can hold my bladder like a camel. So I guess I have the best of both worlds

If you are using all the time it will cause you bladder muscles to shrink, so you will need some time to strengthen them, generally slowly by drinking more and more and holding it a little bit longer each time can get you over that. That's why when you are coming off of wearing all the time you can't just get right out of diapers completely if you have got to that point.

This has come up a lot lately. Wearing diapers long term in itself simply will not cause incontinence. Now wear long term while also keeping your muscles relaxed probably will. Most of the time it can be reversed via simple potty traning. However, as adults we forget how painful it can be stretching the bladder and strengthening our sphincters. It seems some can't stand that, and end up permanently incontinent to one degree or another.

It would seem the OP is in the process of reverse potty traning (or maybe already has). I'd highly recommend thinking about if this is what you want for the rest of your life or not. If not, or if you're worried it's something else, then maybe it's time to see a urologist. Otherwise, stock up on more diapers and enjoy being wet and messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back