Not open for further replies.

BenTennyson

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I came across this by chance. While solving a recaptcha, a storefront picture of an Abena sign popped up. The "-frontex" suffix intrigued me, because I never heard that before, so I googled and up came this video of their production line.

See list down below if you're interested. The links are anonymized so they can't see where you came from. Sadly the Abena video is not an indepth view but rather just a longer ad. But still interesting to see.

I'm not getting paid for promotion, I'm just an enduser like you and wanted to share this.

You might post more diaper production videos below, if you are so inclined. :thumbsup:

~edit:
Going to collect any more posted video links down below here for ease of access.

Abena-Frontex ad
"How It’s Made - Disposable nappies" shared by Crinklebutt
"The engineering of a disposable diaper" - by 'engineerguy'

Last edited:
That was interesting, I find those kinds of "production line" videos fascinating. I like the show How It's Made because you can learn about the production of all kinds of everyday objects.

In my mind I’d been pronouncining it A-bee-na and now I find out its Ah-benna...

Haha , i used to work making diapers years back , kinda random and funny interesting aspect you never knew so many baby diapers existed
From Stacking them on pallets to , Empying the defects on the lines , changing the panel rolls for like the tape designs and such ect ,

I've ran across around a dozen videos of different diaper manufacturing lines. It's amazing watching the materials run for what seems like a mile down a long assembly line, getting slapped together a bit at a time, flying along the conveyer lines. Then finally stacking up in a turnstile at the end and getting shoved into bags or boxes. The speed at which those machines run is astounding!

It's easy to appreciate how expensive those machines are. They're so complicated, so large, and when running properly are basically printing money faster than the treasury.

Crinklebutt said:
I found a UK how it's made video for diapers/nappies. I thought it might be of interest to some of you.

https://youtu.be/yUFTEjVyA3M

That was cool! Does anybody know why that absorbent gel isn't used in adult diapers? At least not the ones I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back