The musical wounder of ADISC!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
  5. Other
my parents finally agreed to get me protection, but what brand is best 'til i can order online. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Generally speaking the cheeper brand are just that and you get what you pay for

Also the cind of brands available are different from country to country so .......

But what i can say is NO pull up thise aren't made for fecal or indeed that mush over lite urine Ic what you need is taped and with god absorption quality And also some Puk /plastic pants over that to help prevent leaking and also some smell (pretty mush if you look at my sig that's what you need for this IC ) ad to this Moisturizing creme (VITAL without it you WILL get scratched and it WILL itch and possibly diaper rash due to it ) & i also use baby powder to again put another barrier between the skin and the diaper

Last WHEN you do have an " accident " do try to change ASAP walking around in a soiled diaper a longer period of time will only risk leaking ,and also some nasty infection

I would second what Missy said. I've only found one style of fitted (tabbed) diaper/briefs at any of the various grocery/department stores I've been in (Walmart, Walgreens, King Soopers, Safeway, etc.) and I've been told by the lovely people here, including Missy, that pullups are insufficent for bowel IC. After doing some research, I learned that the tabs are necessary because they allow for a more snug fit, which prevents any fecal leakage from falling out of the diaper. All that said, just find whatever you can in the way of tabbed diapers, and hope that you can order online soon. I'm bowel IC and I was recommended Northshore Airpremiums. I ordered them, but I have yet to try them out, so I can't attest to their effectiveness, but I know others here can.

I'm also given to understand that onesies and/or plastic/rubber diaper covers can help contain fecal leakage, because they increase the diaper's snugness (if that wasn't a word, it is now!)

Forgive me, but I didn't see which incontinence the OP has. For my bladder IC, I use a generic 2 tab with a baby cloth prefold as an insert when I'm in a pinch. The cloth prefold really helps in the absorbancy

According to his previous threads, it's dual IC, please correct me if I'm wrong Fireband.

slighly both yes

What you also can do even with the cheeper ones until you can better is to double them of course meaning you cut of the actual wings and use as more or less a extra padding inside the ordinary one. Oh and don't forget to to poke a few small holes in the inner diaper ( NOT the outer one) so the fluid can soak inside and down to the outer diaper as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Skip anything you can get in major stores or pharmacies, they are all crap. I'd recommend you do an online search for medical supply stores near you. They usually carry at least half-decent diapers that can get you by when in a pinch. You may want to call ahead though, as some medical stores do nit carry diapers at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back