Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Hi
i am looking for a type of adult diaper that is absorbant that one could buy at a store. I am using cvs wellness briefs atm. Online will not be an option for a while
thanks

I have yet to find a store brand that is decent so I stopped trying. If push comes to shove, I have used depends protection with tabs just because they are the only plastic diaper you can find. But they are terrible. You may be able to find some medical supply stores that sell some good ones though. I know of a couple and one sells Abena while the other sell Molicare. You can also try goodwill or other thrift shops and you can sometimes find stuff there. I once got a full bag of Molicare for $8 and I know others have found some good ones too, but it’s mostly medical grade or store brands.

thank you i think i have a medical supply store nearby i'll have to check. I'm still learning to accept my dl identity

I have found that sams club sells a fairly good pull-up.. good for slow wetting , they will not handle a flood but are ok for what they are,

You may need to double or triple up with more diapers or boosters if you want decent protection.

Adult sized boosters are few and far in between at a local level so baby diapers or maybe Goodnites should do you well.

They don't exist. You "might" be able to find a half-decent diaper at medical supply stores, but even then they aren't that good and will leak on you overnight (based on your other posts). At best, they are only ok enough to "get you through" till you can get something better. Store bought diapers aren't a good price either. They may look inexpensive at first, but when you add in all the extra changes needed that just multiplies on to your overall cost per day.

The absolute cheapest diaper I have ever found is Betterdry. With just 1 diaper per day I only spend a little over $1.50. (Though I typically use 2 to avoid rashes and smells). No store bought diaper can come anywhere near as close to that. And as a bonus, I find Betterdry to be extremely reliable and almost never leak on me. PeekABU is an extremely close second to that. And "in a pinch" I find Confidry24/7 and Northshore Supreme to be a tie for third best.

Give each of them a try and see if they work for you too. Remember though, total cost per day. Not price per diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back