Weirdest program and commercial paired together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just started watching High School DxD, and a commercial popped up that was directed towards kids with cancer (the commercial even said "kids like you", thankfully I'm not a young kid or my fragile little mind would be warped) ; I sure hope no really young kids are watching High School DxD, it is not a kid friendly Anime.

They really ought to watch which commercial goes with which program you are watching more carefully on Hulu.

BabyTyrant said:
Just started watching High School DxD, and a commercial popped up that was directed towards kids with cancer (the commercial even said "kids like you", thankfully I'm not a young kid or my fragile little mind would be warped) ; I sure hope no really young kids are watching High School DxD, it is not a kid friendly Anime.

They really ought to watch which commercial goes with which program you are watching more carefully on Hulu.

I've seen things like this all the time, and it can be disturbing. When my wife had her leg amputated, after she was in a rehab facility for six weeks, she finally came home. I did everything I could to make this physically work and to make her feel okay with what happened. I got her on her kidney dialysis machine and we decided to watch what was then a new show, "Blackish". The moron father, in the show, made a funny joke about diabetics getting their leg amputated. Needless to say, it was the last we ever watched that show.

It's even worse when you lose a loved one, like I did when my wife died. You'd be surprised how many so called comedians on TV make jokes about that, especially about dying from diabetes. I realize that most people are just living their lives with not too many bad things happening, but there are those of us who have been severely hurt by things in life. There are some shows I don't watch anymore because they invoke painful memories. Obviously, commercials can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back