Another reason to like diapers with velco tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I've been pretty sick since this past Wednesday, I'm not sure if it was a stomach flu for food poisoning but regardless I got sicker than I have been in years, my symptoms were general achiness, high fever (102-103) chills, stomach pains, kidney pains, tiredness.
When I got home from work on Wednesday I felt so tired that I skipped dinner, diapered up (like normal) and went straight to bed, during the night is when the bug really set in, and for the next two days I literally went from bed to couch, only drinking water and having chicken noddle soup to get something in my stomach. Yesterday my fever finally broke and I was feeling about 80% better, still had some slight stomach pain and was a little tired but I chalked that up to not really eating anything substantial since lunch on Wednesday, So I make a lite dinner of grilled chicken and some steamed vegetables.
Last night I went to bed around 9 or so, I decided to wear a abu simple ultra, that way if I had to wet I had nothing to worry about leak wise, well 11pm hit and I suddenly woke up about 5 min to late, yup, the stomach acted up and it was coming out, I couldn't stop it even if I tried, I eased out of bed and since I was a mess I just went in the kitchen, grabbed a cup of water and let things play out, I then jumped in the shower.
While in the shower my stomach was making all kinds of funny rumbling noises, it wasn't really hurting, but I could tell that it was going to be a long night.
When I got out of the shower I went to my closet and looked at the different choices I had, I was thinking what would be the most practical in this situation, I choose a tykables waddler because it had velco tabs. After putting it on I went back to bed, although I was now sleeping a little lighter than normal I literally had to wake up once an hour to use the bathroom, since that point I must have put on / taken this diaper off about 8 times, the velcro tabs are really paying off / impressing me.
I'm feeling much better this morning, but still in the same diaper as last night (not used yet) im just impressed, that's all.

I prefer cloth-like for this reason alone.

there are also thicker alternatives to the waddler. tykables has the overnight / galaxy, and bambino has the magnifico. I'd suggest you check them out.
(I wear the velcro little builders as my wear-to-work daily diaper)

bambinod said:
there are also thicker alternatives to the waddler. tykables has the overnight / galaxy, and bambino has the magnifico. I'd suggest you check them out.
(I wear the velcro little builders as my wear-to-work daily diaper)

I own every single one, wouldn't want to waste the extra absorbency due to an accident, plus bambino is kinda hit or miss with me in regards to fit, sometimes they fit like a glove, other times it seems like I gap out towards the rear no matter how I have the tapes adjusted to the front, plus the bambino's seem to only hold about as much as a waddler to me before leak issues, I do like the tykables overnights / Galactic's and usually wear them when I know that im going to sleep undisturbed the whole night and need the absorbency.

While I really like the Ultra stretch, I need to try Tykables someday. I really wish Abu had a velcro tab diaper.

12srepaid said:
While I really like the Ultra stretch, I need to try Tykables someday. I really wish Abu had a velcro tab diaper.

They tried that once awhile ago, they had a run of cushies with velcro. But the tapes were square cut with sharp hard corners, and the tape panel was pretty rough - I don' think they were very popular. They haven't made another run since then afaik. (my memory on them is a bit foggy, it's been awhile, but I seem to recall the velcro didn't stick very well either, which may have just been a problem with the single large tapes, as velcro is strong until you twist it, then it can shear right off)

Maybe they'll try again later, but it won't be innovative and fresh anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back