Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
It's frustrating because I can't be fully comfortably using diapers, whilst it's better than baby ones, I use boots stay dry nappies and can usually get 2-3 wettings but I have a heavier flow and find when I sit or lie down I get small (or sometimes large ) leaks!

I checked the size, of which I am 5 foot 2, 8 stone 6, I wear size 8-10 women's pants and I wear the medium/large size diapers, which are for Adults and have 2 tapes on each side, I also make sure the leak guards are sticking outwards and not tucked in.

I wear panties over the top of them and more often than not, I find small wet marks around the cuffs/leg holes in my panties, whilst it isn't catastrophic, after 15 minutes the leak is obviously going to start to smell and I don't want to smell of piss.

I just need to know if I can get any boosters to prevent those leaks, I also need help in how to insert them properly, any recommendations?

Can I buy cheap baby nappies and use them as effective boosters or can I use ordinary incontience pads as a effective booster?
Thanks for your help in advance :)

Yeah your problem is those diapers have a limited capacity. Being boots, I assume you're getting them for free, correct?

And yes, you absolutely can use baby diapers. Make sure they are thin/small enough to leave a gap between the babd diaper and the leak guards of your adult diaper though. Too big and they won't let pee channel properly, or worse will push the leak guards out and creat gaps for extra leaks.

I personally use size 1 baby diapers as boosters. You can easily tear off the velcro tabs by holding the diaper just above where the tabs are connected. Then with the other hand, pull down on the tab where it is welded to the diaper. It comes off really easy this way. Pull it straight out though, and you'll have a hard time at best.

Also, position the baby diaper right over the center where you pee. Unlike typical boosters it will be able to rapidly absorb any flooding, and slowly redirect and distribute it to your adult diaper. And of course you can also change out the booster when it is wet enough so as to extend how long your adult diaper will last.

Hi Angelic,
Slomo has plenty of great advice. I agree that baby diapers are a great booster. They are going to hold more than many incontinence pads, and also just a lot cheaper, per unit.

I just wanted to add, as you are leaking at that spot, when using any boosters, it is important to ensure it is completely tucked into the adult diaper, ideally within the outer diaper leak guards. If the baby diaper or inco pad is sticking out, when that is full the pee will all escape. Maybe even punch a dozen small holes in the baby diaper booster, to allow the pee to gradually flow through.

Be creative, try some things, and have fun!
Andrew.

even if you use a cheap diaper, with a stuffer you can at least make something useable for a several hours, some people like baby diapers, I personally prefer something like a tena or poise pad as it requires less cutting to make it fit in the top diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back