NorthShore on Modern Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I stumbled across a thread about this on ADISC, but since it's from 2015, it was closed and I couldn't add anything to it.

I'm not a fan of the show, but thought it would be interesting to see how in the world they worked Adult Diapers into the story. One of the characters, played by Ed O'Neill, goes into what is clearly a Walgreen and asks a young employee where the diapers are. The employee takes Ed over to the adult diapers and shows him this.

Northshore Modern Family.jpg

I get why they changed the name, but why bother to call them "protective underwear"? And why choose a premium brand not available in any store? I WISH I could walk into a Walgreen and buy NorthShore Supreme diapers, but that's just not going to happen. How odd.

-RMS

Wow! That's pretty interesting. I think they obviously renamed it for legal purposes, but it's strange they used NorthShores. Maybe someone's actually incontinent? That's a good question, something that we may never know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I remember that episode. Ed O'Neill play the part of an older, retired man who's second marriage is to a much younger and beautiful woman, Sophia Vergara. In the story, they've had a baby and he's looking for baby diapers. The joke is that he's older looking and the clerk thinks he's incontinent and looking for diapers for himself. Of course he gets mad.

Yooo said:
but it's strange they used NorthShores.

Probably more related to NorthShore's intense SEO and/or AdSense purchases. Type "adult diaper" into google and the top ads all come from NS.

Tungsten said:
Probably more related to NorthShore's intense SEO and/or AdSense purchases. Type "adult diaper" into google and the top ads all come from NS.

I always figured they used our briefs package because it had a large picture of a diaper on it which made their point. Most of the store brands use smaller pictures or ones that look too much like regular underwear.

NorthShoreAdam said:
I always figured they used our briefs package because it had a large picture of a diaper on it which made their point. Most of the store brands use smaller pictures or ones that look too much like regular underwear.

Interesting thought, Adam, and I'm betting you're right. I can't think of another package that so clearly shows that there are adult diapers inside. Depend has the brand name people know, of course, but if you changed the name, would it be as clear? Probably not.

-RMS

P.S. Just ordered a sample of your new pads this morning and I'm eager to try them out! I'll be sure to post an honest assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back