Status
Not open for further replies.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever undergone a urethroplasty, done via the abdominal approach? What was your experience like, and did you have any complications?

For those who don't know, with this surgery they cut you open from navel to penis, and go in deep enough to access the upper part of the urethra (which is above your pubic bone). They then cut out any bad sections of your urethra and/or prostate, and sew the remaining good sections together. This is to remove strictures or severed/blocked sections, and allow a person to pee again. Afterwards I will have a catheter in for a short while, till my urethra heals up well enough.

My surgery is scheduled for the 9th. I will stay in the hospital for a few days, and plan to recover for a week before going back to work (a desk job). I'm no stranger to major surgeries, and have researched/watched this procedure, so I kind of know what to expect- generally. Just looking for more first-hand info.

Good luck with the surgery. I hope that it accomplishes what it’s supposed to do for you.

Indeed i do hope that they will manage to fix youre problems Slomo (crossing fingers )

Slomo, best wishes. I know you have been thru a lot of surgeries. Seems like you are a test subject for experimental surgery. Hope you end up better off than you are now!

I think this is the surgery my urologist is probably going to talk with me about on Tuesday, after i go for a flow test.

Good luck with yours. You definitely need a breakthrough!

ozziebee said:
I think this is the surgery my urologist is probably going to talk with me about on Tuesday, after i go for a flow test.

Good luck with yours. You definitely need a breakthrough!

Heck, anyone needing this surgery is needing a breakthrough. Good luck to you too.

And lol, since we seem to be pioneers here, maybe we can compare notes afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back