• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStripeLvr

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I recently stumbled on this site and after checking it out for a few days, it seems like a fantastic atmosphere to help me along my journey with incontinence.

The basics: I am, by outward appearances, your average guy with a wife, kids, a couple dogs, and keep busy running our family business. I'm active in local groups and associations, and teach on the side. What most people don't know, however, is that I have been struggling with incontinence issues for the past 2-3 years and have been in diapers 24/7 for some time now. Though it can be challenging at times, I am surprised how normal my life is, even though I am dealing with these issues.

Outside of business and family, I like woodworking, remodeling/flipping houses, going to the gym (not as often as I should), model trains, and riding my Ultra Classic (also, not as often as I should). I love travelling, especially to Jamaica, as well as historical sites. I'm thisclose to a Master's degree in English, so I like to write when time permits.

After several months of wearing 24/7, it has become second nature to me and I rarely think about it now. I guess you can say I'm a DL, as I love the freedom they give me to go about my life. I'm hoping to interact with others here that are going through similar situations, learn from their experiences, and maybe even help someone with my experiences.

Thanks for adding me to the forum!

Welcome to the group. I am new as well but I have been impressed with how friendly everyone is and welcoming. Post as much as you want and once you get cut loose to use the PM system, feel free to drop me a line.

Again, welcome aboard
RW

Welcome! Glad to see you've jumped in. How have you been in adjusting to the daily life of diapers? Hearing that you enjoy the freedom is a good thing.

Hotdog55 said:
Welcome! Glad to see you've jumped in. How have you been in adjusting to the daily life of diapers? Hearing that you enjoy the freedom is a good thing.

Thanks for the welcome, RW & Hotdog! I think I've adjusted pretty well to it. I had been struggling with "accidents" and my wife and I decided together that it was time to go 24/7. The anxiety over the possibility of a public accident when I was teaching or speaking in front of a crowd far outweighed the possibility of someone noticing I was in a diaper. After the first couple days, it was fine - no one seemed to notice, and if they did, they didn't say anything. It was actually very liberating!

At this point, several months in, a very few friends know, and they have all been understanding and supportive. While I'm still working with my urologist on some different treatment options, I have accepted that I will be in diapers the rest of my life, and you know what? I'm OK with it. If we find a treatment that improves the situation, then great, but if we don't, that's fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back