Yeah, that just happened.... (or Awkward moment with my dad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmousse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So getting you to this point in time is a longer story than I wish to share right now... suffice to say, my dad who lives in our house, has been in poor health lately. He was just released from the hospital and was dealing with a bit of bowl leakage with even the slightest fart.

So he ran out of the crummy hospital pull-ups they sent him home with and sent me a txt message, while I was on my way home from a meeting, asking me to pick up some depends pull-ups. I missed the message. When I got home and went to check on him, he was a little frustrated cause he had used up more than half his underwear with leaks.

I couldn't leave the house again right away, but felt really bad for missing his message... so... I gritted my teeth and brought down a couple cloth backed tabbed diapers. "Here," I said, "I know these aren't pullups, but hopefully they'll get you by until this evening." He thanked me and took them... but then stopped and gave me this very awkward look... I didn't say another word... I just turned around and walked out of the room.

I have a feeling he's known about me and diapers to some degree for years, but it's never, ever, been talked about in any sort of way. Well, if he didn't know before, he knows now.

I just read another post of someone asking how they might gently tell their parents... Welp, this is one way... lol.

That is one way! Good job taking care of your dad at your own expense! Regardless of the outcome, it looks like he raised you right.

I mean, yeah, you did the right thing, and hey, there's that bit of information out there. Well done.

That's awesome. What is he going to do - be mad that you had what he needed? This is probably one of the better ways to tell parents.

At least you're on the same page now.

Honestly, that's an awesome thing you did, and I feel like it may be one of the better ways for a parent to find out. Hope it's something you guys can laugh about in the future!

@Maxx; In the words of the immortal Fozzie da Bear... "WAKKA WAKKA"

Instead of just running into my bedroom and bringing back diapers I'd have gone on a 20 minute car drive and "returned" with them.

and left it at "I know someone that wears these, thought they might be helpful in your situation..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back