• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

It's a pleasure to meet you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveman1

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey there!

After checking on this website for about a couple weeks, I decided it was time to create an account! I'm an new elementary school teacher after graduating from college in 2016. I'd consider myself a DL who is relatively new to this world, so I'm looking to use this site as a way to learn new things and meet new people. Outside of teaching, I love to play sports (volleyball, soccer, and tennis are my favorite) as well as learning hip-hop choreography.

I'm excited to start learning this site and meeting new friends!

waveman1 said:
Hey there!

After checking on this website for about a couple weeks, I decided it was time to create an account! I'm an new elementary school teacher after graduating from college in 2016. I'd consider myself a DL who is relatively new to this world, so I'm looking to use this site as a way to learn new things and meet new people. Outside of teaching, I love to play sports (volleyball, soccer, and tennis are my favorite) as well as learning hip-hop choreography.

I'm excited to start learning this site and meeting new friends!

Welcome waveman1! That was a great intro. You must be a surfer? lol My son just made it through the public school system last year and we had some wonderful teachers along the way. I absolutely look up to teachers with tons of respect.

Scaramouche said:
Welcome waveman1! That was a great intro. You must be a surfer? lol My son just made it through the public school system last year and we had some wonderful teachers along the way. I absolutely look up to teachers with tons of respect.

Thank you! Good guess, but I've never surfed before in my life, haha. Congrats on your son working his way through school, and thank you!

waveman1 said:
Good guess, but I've never surfed before in my life, haha.

It was worth a try! :D

Hi and welcome as well. Male elementary teachers are relatively rare. I almost became one myself, doing my student teaching at an elementary school, but I went in two different directions when a church music director job opened up. My whole family is in education, so I hope things work out well for you.

Hey, welcome! I agree, that male teachers are kind of rare, but from the people that I know and from my own experience male teachers were usually lovely persons :) It's great, that you love sports so much - I had my fair share of playing soccer as well and I loved it, but after all I switched more to basketball as I had more friends to play it with. Even now, I still play basketball pretty often - once or two a week with a friends that we have made a facebook group and we just go to play on scheduled times. I find sports to be really relieving and a great choice to unload your emotions, they help you get a better focus in work and in other areas in life as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back