If you are incontinent are you always going to have a scent in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
caitianx said:
As I mentioned before, my bedroom at home does smell of pee-pee.
I am used to this.

It shouldn't. You're doing something wrong. Are your drinking enough water? Are you always using a diaper pail with a decent lid on it? Are you also emptying that pail every 5-ish days? And when you change it out, are you using a disinfecting deoderizer (lysol works the best)?

I've been needing diapers for 20 years. My wife always tells me when I, or my room, starts to smell (she sleeps in a seperate bedroom). As long as you take the right steps there is NO reason why your room will smell bad.

I have a deodorizer block in the top of my diaper pail. I keep the pail tightly closed. If I have wet sheets, I make sure they are washed as soon as possible. Whenever I have a messy diaper, I rinse it in the toilet before I put it in the diaper pail. Finally, I make sure I wash diapers at least once a week or sooner if the pail gets full. If the weather is not too cold, I keep the window open a little.

chuck said:
I have a deodorizer block in the top of my diaper pail. I keep the pail tightly closed. If I have wet sheets, I make sure they are washed as soon as possible. Whenever I have a messy diaper, I rinse it in the toilet before I put it in the diaper pail. Finally, I make sure I wash diapers at least once a week or sooner if the pail gets full. If the weather is not too cold, I keep the window open a little.

That's a good point. If you wet any sheets, don't let them sit out to dry. This will cause your whole room to smell bad, so always strip and change your sheets when it happens. The same for your bed too, though you can wash it so a good mattress protector AND bed pad is required to prevent this.

It's also necessary to point out, if your diaper leaks overnight, even once a week, then that's a clear sign you need better diapers.

my wife never mentioned something even we are sleeping in the same bed
she still says that she liked the aroma of my baby powder or baby cream
i think (and i agree with slomo about the water) and your diet
is the first you have to consider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back