Buying diapers locally in Albuquerque is difficult!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleKae

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I started looking locally for diapers recently, and it's so hard. The only thing they stock in stores is Assurance and Depends with tabs but I've heard very bad things about those brands, so I haven't tried them!

I found a place that has Attends, but I got the wrong size and I'm not sure if I'll go back...A place had Tena in my size but to be honest aside from shipping costs, I'm not saving much by buying them in town. I do love Tena though.

Are there any brands sold in most stores that are any good that I should give a try? Does anyone else who lives in town know where to go for some diapers?

Otherwise, I'm just going to order off Amazon.

Where I live it's hard to find quality ones as well. Like you said, just the Assurance and Depends. Bleah. If you found Tena that would be somethin I would buy. I really like them. Recently an ABDL store opened near me. They seem to sell only in two packs and average about $3 a diaper. I went once but they were closed. I'll go get some Tena Slip Maxis there one day.

Scaramouche said:
Where I live it's hard to find quality ones as well. Like you said, just the Assurance and Depends. Bleah. If you found Tena that would be somethin I would buy. I really like them. Recently an ABDL store opened near me. They seem to sell only in two packs and average about $3 a diaper. I went once but they were closed. I'll go get some Tena Slip Maxis there one day.

I feel bad for people who need them for incontinence. But I bet they get them delivered by insurance companies! That must be why they don't sell good ones.

I'm super jealous you live by an ABDL store but that sounds expensive!

Have you looked at medical supply stores?

The Mouche

Scaramouche said:
Have you looked at medical supply stores?

I have. I've only found Attends, or this weird medical brand I couldn't determine that seemed really expensive!

- - - Updated - - -

extremecomfy said:
The Mouche

I'm not sure what you mean?

LittleKae said:
I have. I've only found Attends, or this weird medical brand I couldn't determine that seemed really expensive!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what you mean?

Sounds like you exhausted all options. "The Mouche" might be a short version of my name? :dunno:

No where to find a good diaper,

Where I live Attends are no longer sold. I order online exclusively. I am flush with ABDL diapers.See if your doc can prescribe them?

extremecomfy said:
See if your doc can prescribe them?

Not covered by my insurance.

Scaramouche said:
Sounds like you exhausted all options. "The Mouche" might be a short version of my name? :dunno:

Aside from some medical diapers I can get near me, I have exhausted all options, and that makes perfect sense!

- - - Updated - - -

extremecomfy said:
Where I live Attends are no longer sold. I order online exclusively. I am flush with ABDL diapers.See if your doc can prescribe them?

That's something else I don't want to run into--finding a good brand only to not be able to find them! Is ordering online always discreet? I'd get ABDL diapers if they were more affordable.

I don't know how I could get my doc to prescribe 'em since I have no real medical need for them!

LittleKae said:
Is ordering online always discreet? I'd get ABDL diapers if they were more affordable.

I don't know how I could get my doc to prescribe 'em since I have no real medical need for them!

I've dealt with Bambino and ABU and they were both sent in anonymous packages. Very discreet. Even my current fav XP medical (not ABDL) is sent discreetly. Amazon is cheaper but if sent from the manufacturer may or may not be discreet,

Again, I think he was looking at my "ic" label. My ic is stress related, ie I go when I cough or sneeze. :)

Buying decent diapers in any store in the US is near impossible. Like most everyone here, we buy them online too. Don't bee too worried about discreet shipping though. Most all the well know brands and manufacturers have learned discreet shipping is a must.

Slomo said:
Don't bee too worried about discreet shipping though. Most all the well know brands and manufacturers have learned discreet shipping is a must.

I sure hope so; I had to move back in with my folks two years ago because my mom needed me to take care of her again/more. I've got nosy parents, but my sister gets packages delivered all the time. I just don't know how I would explain a big box of diapers coming for me if it was obvious what it was!

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
Like most everyone here, we buy them online too. Don't bee too worried about discreet shipping though. Most all the well know brands and manufacturers have learned discreet shipping is a must.

Would you say a Tena Manufacturer's box would be discreet if it was directly from them, if that's the case? Someone was telling me the box said "Tena" on the side, and I was worried it would be like when you see baby diapers at the store or something after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Scaramouche said:
I've dealt with Bambino and ABU and they were both sent in anonymous packages. Very discreet. Even my current fav XP medical (not ABDL) is sent discreetly. Amazon is cheaper but if sent from the manufacturer may or may not be discreet,

Again, I think he was looking at my "ic" label. My ic is stress related, ie I go when I cough or sneeze. :)

Oh, alright! I'm so sorry I have such a hard time using forums sometimes. They can be so confusing to me!

And that is awesome, I have been eyeing some ABU diapers for a long time. I'll have to chem them or some Bambino out!

I've sometimes had Fedex hold the package at one of their retail locations. It was a lot easier to get it there then my apartment complex's office. Fedex never charged for it. I'm not sure about other shipping companies but it could be an option.

If you're still worried, the best way to make for sure would be to call the manufacturer directly.

In Boston there are hardly any diapers in the stores....only depends pullups (no tabbed diapers) and each store might have their generic crap diapers and pullups.

I wear 24/7 for IC and buy everything online but I really wish stores stocked a decent variety of premiums. It sure would make travelling a lot easier if I didn't have to pack a case of diapers to go away for a week but instead could just pop into a CVS and buy what I need. I'd still buy my main supplies online for convenience but I'm not embarrassed at all to buy in store anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back