Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalT

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So, sometimes i enjoy reading fan fiction and i actually first got introduced to this community via fanfic.

I was wondering if any of you enjoy it as well, and how well do you think it portrays the community? Is it obvious if someone isn't part if the CG/L or AB/DL community? Do you enjoy reading this kind of thing?

Are there tips or anything someone should know or keep in mind while writing fanfic or any kind of fiction? Do you yourself write? (Id love to check it out if you do, so link it!) Id love to hear everything!

Last edited:
My not-so-dirty little secret is that I read the stories in the "non-sexual ageplay" tag on ArchiveOfOurOwn all the time, lol. Gotta love fanfiction.... Do you have any favorites?

I personally enjoy the trope that is common right now where everyone in the whole universe has a designation, of which CG is one, and Little is another.

I sometimes try to find some for specific fandoms, but unfortunately it's pretty hard to find well written ones for the fandoms I'm in right now. orz

Though archive of our own is a godsend still.

Fanfiction accounted for about 90 percent of my writing back in the day. And yes, trying to find a semilogical reason for characters to wear diapers was in there somewhere.

If it wasn't fanfiction, then it was something so derivative that James Cameron would have cried foul.

As a story writer on this forum, I have some insight into this. True fan-ficiton is using the works of others in universe or characters in order to make a different story or a sequel (that was never written) to one of their previous stories. I did write a fan-fiction sequel using the "Dante's Infazia" universe as a basis and posted on the story forum after some major revisions. Unfortunately, the original author of the original work called foul play and the fan-fiction was taken down. I did not dispute the decision. If the author decides that it is not what she envisioned, that is her prerogative to deny the works made by fans of her universe. As such I have used the reoccurring themes in other stories with my own ideas to create my own stories. I have been using a template, so to speak, to paint the canvas based both on my personal experiences and the template. Although some people do not agree with my plot and my occasional choices to be different than others, I nevertheless still write to appeal to the community here.

I've never been into fan fic simply because I know it's not true cannon. I'm the biggest fan of Event Horizon around, a fact that makes it fairly easy to find out my true identity (!) but even for all the enthusiasm I muster for a twenty year old horror flick, I wouldn't write anything based off it because it wouldn't technically be real to me. I've had people ask me over the years ideas I may have for further stories in that world but aside from a few back story ideas I don't really get into that. The stuff I write is all just weird, quirky, sometimes disturbing stuff.

FearlessFen said:
My not-so-dirty little secret is that I read the stories in the "non-sexual ageplay" tag on ArchiveOfOurOwn all the time, lol. Gotta love fanfiction.... Do you have any favorites?

I personally enjoy the trope that is common right now where everyone in the whole universe has a designation, of which CG is one, and Little is another.

I go into that tag all the time! ive never really heard of that trope really, but ill definitely explore that.
Dont really have any favorites but as long as its written well I am SO down hah
Ive also noticed some fandoms have ALOT more "age play" fics than others do.
Also, currently trying to write one because other people just arnt doing it right haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back