Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your opinions that prevent you from wearing diapers in public

Default Your opinions that prevent you from wearing diapers in public

I need to learn how to change my opinions that I somehow got from other people that still makes me feel uncomfortable wearing diaper in public. For example, diapers are only for babies and old people and the incontinence people. I feeling shame wearing. Diaper around other. Adults. There. Are others but how do i change these options?

I personally don't wear in public for two reasons. One, if i was discovered by a acquaintance or co worker who knew me well enough, explaining it away would be a hard sell. For what reason would i temporarily be in a diaper? They'd know i hadn't suffered an injury if they knew me well enough. It's just a can of worms I'd much rather avoid.

Two, i honestly feel like it's just unnecessarily pushing unwitting people into this in the case of discovery by anyone. Sure, strangers will assume incontinence in most cases, but i usually wear stuff like abu, which may raise more questions.

All in all, since i can stop wearing at anytime, the risks to myself and other's comfort far outweigh any benefit to public wear for me.

your confidence is key for doing out in wearing diapers and no one will notice and even if some do that just ignore it, don't go out soaked and soiled though, I think it's unfair for the other people

I have worn out side in depends diapers for at les 16 years ago, the fear we have are just in in your own head, not one looks for it anyway but I your covered up it has never need a really I find that the people in diapers are the only ones that tried and see .

Yes, we wear diapers, and to do so, without severely limiting our life, involves wearing them in public. Get over it! With proper precautions and discretion nobody knows. I've diapered now for 8 years. I wear a maximum absorbency diaper (often with a booster pad) in public on an almost daily basis. Even after multiple diaper wettings, I never received any indication of anybody being aware of my diaper.

Your problems is you can't let go, you dwell on those feelings so you judge yourself as doing something wrong, you can make as many of these new threads as you like, but you aren't going to get anywhere unless you just start wearing them in public. Either let go of the idea or start doing it, thats what it comes down to.

And, yes, while I love diapers (that's why I wear them), part of me too is deeply ashamed for making this choice, this shame reminds me to be ever cautions and to always remember those little measures needed to remain discreet, and undiscovered.

What I don't understand is why people with IC take to so long to see a doctor.

and for me diapers are not a limiting thing, they are a liberating think for me, I am not tethered do a bathroom.

I used to feel ashamed about it but that reversed as I started it to my test and that was huge mistake
    even in the medical would want to use catheters

Quote Originally Posted by Kellycares View Post
    Yes, we wear diapers, and to do so, without severely limiting our life, involves wearing them in public. Get over it! With proper precautions and discretion nobody knows. I've diapered now for 8 years. I wear a maximum absorbency diaper (often with a booster pad) in public on an almost daily basis. Even after multiple diaper wettings, I never received any indication of anybody being aware of my diaper.
    I've also worn heavy protection for a number of years. A booster pad or two and waterproof pants, all under jeans more often than not. Unless someone is told or is another DL whom I know, I have no reason to believe anyone is aware of the protection I'm currently using, wet or dry. If I don't want someone to know, NO ONE is the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoAmericanus View Post
    What I don't understand is why people with IC take to so long to see a doctor.
    Cost, and maybe shame, would be the big ones, I know it costs about $70 for me to see a doctor, I'm on a benefit so it becomes a choice between seeing a doctor and buying food.

thank you all for your advice. I believe reinfox nailed it down. but I am surpise my opionin or belefs have nothing to do with going out in public and be as comfortable to the t, maybe, I have to get rid the assumptions I make of the situation at the present moment. I believe the bottom line is just do it everyday and allow time to past and soon you will wear diapers like the the kids do not a care in the world