Wetting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an issue last night where I began to pee, but it did not come out. I think I am getting so used to wanting to do it my subconcious mind still protects me as I was scared at the time that I may be training myself to just pee at random. I was laying in bed just doing stuff when I felt myself just giving in! However after I noticed it another part of me put a stop to it.

Since today started wearing again, I had my first wetting today as well. Sat there in my diaper in my favorite chair and just let it go. Yet to try laying down though. And tonight I'll will sleep in my diaper, this is also a first for me. But wetting laying down new ground for me.

I had a really, REALLY hard time with this for years and years.... and while I'm not sure if this is the healthiest way to go about it..? For me, I always found that I had to sort of 'brute force' it, and just drink a TON of water, until I sort of had to go so badly it didn't much matter what position I was in.

I tried drinking more to "force the issue" but that never seemed to help. If anything it increased my stress and caused me to clamp down further, eventually sending me to the toilet to firehose some relief. Nowadays, drinking more just means more wettings. I probably went 5-6 times last night. None of them were especially big though, but combined were enough to max out my Teddy. I still struggle a little with wetting while driving, but walk-n-wet has gotten a lot easier. My "shy bladder" has all but disappeared as a result of my "diaper training" ;)

hippyman said:
Well, I have had leaks before while sitting down, but I figure that could be due to a number of factors(diaper too full, not on correctly, etc.). I guess that could have given me less incentive to go while seated.

This is gojng to be part of your mental block. If you want to get comfortable wetting a diaper, then you need to be wearing a diaper you can trust will not leak.

Get better diapers.

hippyman said:
I've been wearing for a couple of weeks straight now(just accepted this part of myself), but whenever I feel the need to wet, most of the time I have to stand up in order to let it flow. Is this normal? If so, about how long before I'm able to wet in other positions?

It sounds like this isn't a medical incontinence issue, right? I have daytime urge IC and usually don't feel like I have to urinate when I'm lying down or even when I'm sitting (unless my bladder is fairly full) but as soon as I stand up the bladder pressure becomes instantly intense even if I don't have a full bladder. If I ignore it, I often leak involuntarily until I'm soaked even though I don't actually release my bladder or get the sense of relief that releasing the bladder generates. My best guess is that if your problem isn't medical in nature your bladder won't release until your standing up because that generates the most natural pressure on the bladder muscle and allows you to voluntarily release it. And it could be psychological as well. Us guys are taught to stand up to urinate so maybe your bladder won't voluntarily cooperate otherwise at this point.

It will happen regardless.... nature wins

Dartplayerinwvc said:
It will happen regardless.... nature wins

or at the very least, physics

just relax keep telling yourself "is ok to go you're wearing a diaper, that's what diapers are for" or something along those lines

Quite a lot depends on my psychological state of the moment, which has to be right: no-one around, in bed with a waterproof cover on the mattress, or in a chair with a secure diaper - then no problems. Much better when I have prepared well, drinking copiously and regularly for a couple of hours beforehand, meanwhile peeing only enough in the toilet to give immediate relief. I like to reach a point where I just HAVE to wet to remain comfortable. Once started I can pee anywhere. I don't find any fun in peeing standing up, but I understand how some members can only start from this position. Take courage: practice improves things!:smile:

I have somehow managed to get to where when I'm wearing I go regularly with little to no thought about it. They aren't floods but a few seconds every so often.

As someone else said though you being comfortable in knowing you aren't going to leak is HUGE mental block. Even today if I've worn to long and I'm already a little squishy I have a very hard time going even if I know the diaper can take it. Another HUGE mental block for me is going when I'm in bed. Fresh diaper or not. I always have a mental war to be able to go. So much so I don't even sleep very good. Yes it's nice to wake up in a pee filled diaper but not when you feel exhausted for having done so.

When I finally decided to wet for first time (was on Sunday when I woke up), at first I couldn't wet lying down had to stand up and do it, after which I went back to bed and woke up later where I just lay there and fully relaxed took about 5-10 minutes but was able to wet lying down. So yeah just right state of mind, get comfortable and relax and it will happen (I guess...still new to wetting).

I used to be able to wet while laying down, now standing, sitting and now even walking

it depends on how you are feeling, where you are positioned, what you are doing, at some point it just becomes something that you can do without even thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back