How do YOU deal with these situations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
toejamer said:
They left shortly after that and I never had another visit from Jehova's Witness all the time I lived at that location. I have no problem with most religions but some are a nuisance to other people. I usually keep my religion to myself.

Seeing as they "canvas" entire cities periodically, you're never going to draw the same pair twice. And it's not like they keep a list of "houses that don't like us" to give to the next group. They just haven't been your way since then or you were away the last time they visited your address.

More fun: if you read the book of mormon (seriously, sometimes these sorts of things can be downright entertaining!) it specifies the number of disciples that are going to be saved. 10,000 iirc... seems like an awful low number now but probably was considered reasonable for the time. Anyway, remind them of the fixed number. (if they're knocking doors, they're almost certain to have their book memorized) Then ask them how going door to door and recruiting more disciples affects their personal odds of going to heaven.

They usually leave with a look that varies somewhere between confused and worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back