Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

loperamide side effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack3295

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
It's just one of those days that I have where everything is put on hold. Yesterday I had some meetings with advisors so the evening before I took a couple loperamide gel tabs and went to bed. Woke to a clean diaper. It was wet but no BM. I take 3 or 4 large doses of a fiber supplement everyday to keep my BM's firm (Metamucil). This does nothing to help my severe urgency but does keep my BM's firm. It also increases frequency and volume. On a normal day I will have from 3 to 6 BM's. The loperamide has a constipating effect on me which I was willing to tolerate if it meant keeping my diaper clean through a day of serious meetings. I took the recomended dosage through out the day and everything worked great. I was still taking my fiber supplement through out the day knowing that eventually I was going to go when the loperamide wore off. I only had one BM and that was between meetings so I went home to change and then continued my day without incident. I stopped the loperamide when I got back home in late afternoon. I had dinner, a dose of fiber, put on my night diapers and read a bit before going to bed at 11. Well, the loperamide wore off sometime while I was sleeping. At 4 this morning I was awakened by that severe urgency. Knowing I would never make the bathroom I released an enormous load in my diapers. I grudgingly got up to change and went back to bed. At 5 the same thing happened. While I was laying in bed trying to decide if I wanted to do the change again, I fell back to sleep. At around 6 it happened again. It seemed like 36 hours with only one BM was now finally playing catch up. I had to change this time because both BM's, while solid, were very large in volume. With a clean diaper I thought I would be good for at least a few hours. Wrong. It was like every hour on the hour I would have another enormous load in my diaper.I was wearing a confidry24/7 with a booster and plastic pants. It's now around 9:30 and I've had 4 more BM's. I'm so tired of changing, especially when I know there is probably more to come. I'll change when I go 2 hours without a BM. The last 4 voids weren't quite as big and my diaper has held up well though quite full at the moment as you can imagine. If I have 1 more BM I'll have to change but I'm just so tired. My diaper is so full I'm afraid of over-flow. I've soiled the diaper from back to front and just hope I can go another hour without a BM so I can change and go back to bed for a nap. The loperamide works like a charm for me but the aftermath is an absolute nightmare.

Jack I'm really sorry to hear this. I know how much it sucks. Today I had 3 accidents. And very bad. I mean I soiled my diaper front to back like you did. If you ever need to talk you know you can PM me.

Yep I am with you there - loperamide ( or Imodium as they are called on the shelves ) is for stopping or at least slowing BM and like you it works well for me during flare ups - but as you say it seem that all it does is put a temp dam in place as soon as they wear off it's like mass Exodus and I need to be stationed on the toilet or wear very good padded my - I have learnt that until the bloating and stomach camps go - just stay up as you ain't done yet ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back