Posting ABDL/DDLG Content Under SFW Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

CryBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I started a Tumblr for my ddlg journey a while ago and I've only made a few posts but the hate has already started pouring in. I didn't realise how much hate there actually was. However aside from the usual arguments of relating to pedophilia and "being creepy", there was ONE legitimate point they were making.

It seems as though a LOT of people (most likely some of the younger participants) are posting ABDL/DDLG content on Tumblr and other places under SFW tags such as "princess" and "kitten". People don't want to see ddlg photos when they're trying to find cat pictures. This is a complaint I understand and can't argue with.

So I told them I'd do my part to try and stop the madness. We have a hard enough time upholding our reputation without doing silly things like this to make us look bad. So if you are someone who has been known to post this type of content under SFW tags I suggest ceasing that behaviour. It isn't necessary to put 400 tags on your posts anyway. "Ddlg" and "abdl" are enough to attract the people you want.

Again, guys, if you are one of these people please stop. Let's make ourselves look like capable, intelligent, mature people, and end the negative associations.

The ddlg community on tumblr is a wreck for so many reasons. The main one being there's so many minors in the community, who are probably the main ones posting in sfw tags. Many of them have split off into various age regressing non-kink related communities, but there's so many who insist that ddlg isn't a kink and we're the gross ones "sexualizing children or childrens items". Tumblr is a mess. Regardless, they really shouldn't be posting in those tags. Anyone could see them, including minors and people who could be triggered by that sort of thing. It's really gross.

I'm going to throw two cents in and say that just because a picture is an ab/dl pic doesn't immediately make it nsfw. past a certain point there is a good argument to be made the ab/dl is just an appealing aesthetic similar to Lolita fashion. Short version it looks cute not sexy, and for a lot of people that's what they are going for. It's unfortunate that because it's an aesthetic that attempts to make someone look younger that tags like princess are also applicable to those ab/dl picture. I don't like it, but I can't fault them for it either. Words like princess and kitten have different connotations just like daddy or mommy.

Typically I draw the nsfw line when the diaper is being used, the subject is wearing something meant to be sexy i.e. lingerie, or if they or doing something sexual. I would point to bikini shoots in sports illustrated. If that's considered sfw enough to be on the cover of a major magazine, why exactly isn't a picture of a girl in a diaper and a dress considered sfw. The latter probably covers more skin and is less sexual in tone. Even if the diaper is on full view it still covers more than your typical bikin bottom does. I think ab/dl is different from most other fetishes in that it often isn't sexual in nature and is just about looking cute. That's my reasoning anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back