ADISC.org - The AB/DL/IC Support Community

K
KrankyPants
Excited for you! 🤗

You may get the pleasant surprise of it shipping earlier than expected. That happened when I ordered my phone the other day using standard, non Priority Mail® delivery.
Reactions: OmiOMy
OmiOMy
OmiOMy
I'm hoping they ship early! I am looking forward to these so much. I love love love my diapers, but there's something about the bulky fluff of training pants that is just so supremely comforting.

They instantly take me to the feeling I used to get when I was a kid getting tucked in.
Reactions: KrankyPants
K
KrankyPants
I was in cloth training pants during the day longer than most kids when I was growing up. Outside of bedwetting (it's genetic) I used to not know when I had to pee until it started coming out of me a little, then I would hold it. It was just something that happened until the beginning of middle school.

I promise I'm normal outside of that! Did you have accidents, too?
OmiOMy
OmiOMy
I did, all the time until second grade. My school would call my mom and send me home when it happened. I was terrified I'd be beaten, though I never was.

Mom had to teach me the trick of giving my belly a little thump to feel if I needed to pee eventually. I rely on it to this day.

[Ctd]
  • Love
OmiOMy
OmiOMy
As for the bedwetting—they stopped for a while until my mom died, then they came back. I started taking the day's bath towel to sleep on just in case I had to hide something wet fast in the morning.

[Ctd]
  • Sad
OmiOMy
OmiOMy
I didn't get training pants or diapers while I was trying to get dry—I didn't until I was an adult that got desperate to not have wet sheets and finally tried a pull-up.

Now that I think about it, it's safe to say a pull-up changed my life. 😅
K
KrankyPants
I have something actually personal to tell you. My sister passed away in 2018 on the 28th of January. Every year, I kind of mellow out and remember her around then. Its like the one day of the year when if I want to cry and talk to her while in prayer and sound like a madman wherever I am, it is okay. [Ctd.]
K
KrankyPants
I have faith, in God, and I believe that our loved ones are judged by His discretion, and they are at peace for the Promise Jesus made to His children. I hope that you, too have peace in knowing that as we remember our loved ones. And I hope you smile because you too have joyous moments that you remember, and little signs show you that they are in Heaven. 🙂
Reactions: OmiOMy
OmiOMy
OmiOMy
Mom's birthday just passed, and so she's been on my mind.

It was a rough day, and I had a hard time...but that made me smile. :)
  • Love
Back