Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

Drynites 13+

As a kiwi I'm super excited, and I'm hoping that 52 kg+ is big enough for me!

And I don't think I've ever heard weight in pounds here. Guess it's just what you're used to.

Reactions: Jamas and rconor34
DelC said:
For some reason, I remember what a centimeter looks like far better than an inch, and it's just more useful to me, because it's a whole unit that I can easily remember, versus trying to estimate fractions of an inch.

What really confuses me is the British weight measurement, stone. Stone seems to be used almost exclusively for measuring a person's weight,
Unless you have abnormal massive or tiny hands, your thumb should be roughly an inch wide, and a foot is just that, the length of a man's foot, then yards and miles are ok because we never switched over to metric for those.
Would have ment changing all the road signs so they just left it be.

It baffles me there isn't an imperial/standard measure less than an inch, I'm awful at fractions which doesn't help, I can visualise a ½ or a third fine but wtf is ⁵/16 that's a sum not a size, its 0.03 mm off being ⅓ so why not just use that?

Americans obsession with weighing everything in pounds is bizarre, saying a person weighs 500lbs or a car weighs 5000lbs is baffling when stones or tons would be far more understandable.

• Haha
Reactions: artemisenterri and CptKirk
xlanif said:
yeah, we are stuck with the ugly black drynites for ages now:cautious:
I agree. They are not that pretty but those new ones are way better looking.

Lucky aussies.
I would really like to be a fly and assist to Huggies corporate marketing meetings, where they make strategic decisions on product developement and manufacturing investments for the various geographic areas.
My guess is that, in Europe, there are way many more people that need to be involved in decisions, so any developement process is much slower.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
DiapImp said:
I agree. They are not that pretty but those new ones are way better looking.
The black design is getting pretty old now but I doubt they'll be replaced anytime soon, probably next spring at the earliest, hopefully these bigger drynites make it here.
Had a look on eBay at its £45 for a pack of 9 from Australia which is just nuts

• Wow
Reactions: artemisenterri, Jamas and DiapImp
HappyNappin said:
The black design is getting pretty old now but I doubt they'll be replaced anytime soon, probably next spring at the earliest, hopefully these bigger drynites make it here.
Had a look on eBay at its £45 for a pack of 9 from Australia which is just nuts
Oh wow that is lot. Welp no can do that wait

DiapImp said:
Oh wow that is lot. Welp no can do that wait
Fairly sure the seller is a bit of a scalper, only half of that is postage, but I think drynites are way more expensive there than in the uk

Ohhh I really hope that means they are pushing them out more workwide. I can't see how the EU market would be much different to the AUS one. Fingers cross it just waiting for the machine upgrades

Reactions: dinodavid
Jamas said:
Ohhh I really hope that means they are pushing them out more workwide. I can't see how the EU market would be much different to the AUS one. Fingers cross it just waiting for the machine upgrades
Annoyingly the Australia/New Zealand Drynites are made in Korea so it's not the same machines

HappyNappin said:
Unless you have abnormal massive or tiny hands, your thumb should be roughly an inch wide, and a foot is just that, the length of a man's foot, then yards and miles are ok because we never switched over to metric for those.
Would have ment changing all the road signs so they just left it be.

It baffles me there isn't an imperial/standard measure less than an inch, I'm awful at fractions which doesn't help, I can visualise a ½ or a third fine but wtf is ⁵/16 that's a sum not a size, its 0.03 mm off being ⅓ so why not just use that?

Americans obsession with weighing everything in pounds is bizarre, saying a person weighs 500lbs or a car weighs 5000lbs is baffling when stones or tons would be far more understandable.
Isn't the thumb-inch thing the length from the tip of the thumb to the first knuckle, not the width?

Yeah, sixteenths of an inch can go die in a fire, haha! Of course, thirds are difficult to measure and calculate accurately, and marking a ruler in both quarter inches and thirds would be difficult to do in a way that makes sense and is easily usable (maybe if your thirds were in a different color). You could do half inches and thirds, but that's visually confusing. Thirds aren't bad, visually, just for approximations, but in actual usage, accurately measuring thirds is a colossal pain. Especially without an appropriate ruler, or if you're trying to do things numerically, because things never quite divide into thirds cleanly. There's always an infinitely trailing decimal, and by that logic, a ruler is never going to be quite right, either. I mean, rulers are rarely spot-on to begin with, and if you need extremely precise and accurate measurements, a ruler is not the correct tool, but it's even worse if you're doing it with a loosely-defined unit.

I don't actually see much point in using another unit like stone. It just seems to disconnect the measures. Using the same unit makes everything comparable, at least up to a point, before the numbers get too big. It helps foster a healthy fear of heavy objects ("Oh, that car weighs 25 times what I do, excuse me while I get out of its way"), helps us make sure we don't try to lift things that we shouldn't, and helps with, say, appropriately loading a backpack without having to do extra calculations.

I will say that it's a little silly to measure something in pounds when tons would work just fine (though you can get some confusion over which definition of ton is being used), but that's marketing for you. A really big number is generally more impactful. If you're looking for a big, strong, heavy truck, which figure would grab your attention more, 10,000 pounds or 5 tons? Granted, that may vary regionally. In a country where tons are more frequently used, tons might have greater impact, but in the US, at least...big number is big. The marketing departments are trying to appeal to that basic caveman-style thinking.

You'll find that pattern repeatedly used in marketing when using measurements of any sort. It's not always done, but it's fairly common. Instead of an appropriate measurement unit for the application, they'll often use a smaller unit, so they can have a larger, more attention-grabbing number, that sounds big, and is hard to accurately make sense of in your mind. 10,000 pounds is unfathomably heavy, whereas 5 tons is a plain, simple, and sensible 5 tons. A person may not know what it feels like to lift 5 tons, but they have a good sense of what it is, compared to other objects that are measured in tons. 10,000 pounds is an abstract, distant figure that they can hardly even imagine, or make good comparisons to. The math is easy to do, but marketing folks don't expect you to be doing math. They expect you to try and rapidly process the figures they give you, and fail to do so, before they move on to telling you about the next great feature. It's all about dumbfounding people with big numbers, and then distracting them before they can make sense of those numbers.

Last edited:
WOW!

designed specially to fit teen bedwetters.

huggies knows bedwetting rates have drastically increased. 38% actually between 8-18 years old in north america alone from 2017 onwards.

got access to stats and the highest percentage is 8-12, then 14-18, not sure why those ages. likely stress.

i stopped at 16 and wore goodnites right up until then, and i can say at 15 when i was stressed or unwell i’d always wet more.

when are these available?

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, TigerDL and rconor34
CptKirk said:
As a lifelong professional, over educated and certified to the hilt auto/truck mechanic, I like the metric system. Very precise, easy to understand (not knocking the good old inch, just making a point LOL) but GOD DAMN! WTF is with KGs?! 2.2lbs. You know, I can see numbers in my head, do complex mathematical equations in my head (or used to be able to, haven't had any need in a long time, since my kids graduated HS most recently in '19) but CHRIST! KGs! NO! That simply is one hell of a fubar'd way of measuring weight!

Give me POUNDS, thank you LOL.

OK. Off of my soapbox.

CptKirk
In the UK for a while they had the weights in St/lb and kilos.

PCS said:
In the UK for a while they had the weights in St/lb and kilos.
Yes,I remember that now, think it was only on drynites packaging, I hadn't even noticed that wasn't on the packs anymore.
Babies are still commonly weighed in lbs/oz here, I think that's pretty much the last use of ounces is for comparing the weight of newborns.

goodnitesboy24 said:
WOW!

designed specially to fit teen bedwetters.

huggies knows bedwetting rates have drastically increased. 38% actually between 8-18 years old in north america alone from 2017 onwards.

got access to stats and the highest percentage is 8-12, then 14-18, not sure why those ages. likely stress.

i stopped at 16 and wore goodnites right up until then, and i can say at 15 when i was stressed or unwell i’d always wet more.

when are these available?
I wonder why this is?

Could it be the very existence of the products themselves?

PCS said:
Not very likely but could play in to it a bit. I think the big increase is the normalization leading to more reports of something that used to be a huge, dirty secret that was not spoken of. Much in the same way we are finding more people with autism. There is an increase but not what the statistics are showing because of the new ways to diagnose. Before they were either ADHD or Down while only those at the extreme end of the spectrum were diagnosed as Autistic. Just in the past 15 years things have changed a lot in how mental disabilities and disorders are diagnosed.

Last edited:
Reactions: goodnitesboy24 and TigerDL
On another note. Do Australian Drybites just have one print pattern per size/sex?

DelC said:
, helps us make sure we don't try to lift things that we shouldn't
This is 100% anti-"ME" LOL. I had no clue I possessed remarkable natural strength until discovered lifting way more than I should had been able to when I was 12 (240 lbs) and I wasn't even trying, yet. I know I was nowhere near the strongest guy out there, but in the top couple of percent for sure. Not many adult males can say they bench pressed more than double their own body weight (weighed 230, benched 505lbs) , squatted 4x as much (likely could had squatted a 1000+ but decided against trying. I was easily able to do 800 for 12-15 reps at a clip) ........

I attribute all of this to "short guy BIG mouth syndrome" LOL.

CptKirk

Last edited:
Riddy said:
On another note. Do Australian Drybites just have one print pattern per size/sex?
Yes, just 1 print per size these days. They used to have two prints per size, though.

DanElmontan said:
It’s a bit odd that the 13+ size doesn’t have the fake fly printed on the front.
It seems to mimic the stitching found in flyless underwear.
1714953210709.png1714953236005.png1714953261159.png

I know these or trunks/boxer briefs and that Drynites/Goodnites are supposed to mimic briefs but the faux stitching pattern on 13+ remind me these.

PCS said:
I wonder why this is?

No sure conclusion can be drawn, says some researchers that have a conflict of interest involving Kimberly Clark.

Back