Are you scared going 24/7 incase they go unplastic?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For me I'm happy with any incontience products. I love plastic nappies but I would love any form of incontience, even a catheter or stoma. But thinking about it them realistically I would hate to be incontinent.

• Wow
Reactions: Neroforte, rennecfox and PadPhilosopher
being incontinent I have no choice

Reactions: Neroforte and PadPhilosopher
I would be greatly annoyed, but not scared.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
not really no

I've said it before, but if I could have "controlled" incontinence, like turn it on and off at will, then I'd definitely enjoy that. But obviously that's not really realistic and pretty much by its definition wouldn't be incontinence anyway. I'll admit that I've thought about it and am curious what it'd be like to experience, but am definitely glad I'm not incontinent and feel bad for those that are. Having to live with and deal with it with no choice sounds really not fun.

Reactions: rennecfox and PadPhilosopher
Not really. 90% of the diapers I use is cloth backed. Even started to build a small stash of cloth diapers.

Cloth backed diapers are getting better and better every year. Some great examples of good cloth back diapers would be the offering from ABU and Seni. Both perform very well and when paired with adequate hydration and plastic pants there is very little concern for smell or leaks.

I use cloth-backed diapers day and night. At night I add a booster.:oops: I also use plastic pants with my diapers and have had very few leaks. :rolleyes:

nightfox320 said:
Cloth backed diapers are getting better and better every year. Some great examples of good cloth back diapers would be the offering from ABU and Seni. Both perform very well and when paired with adequate hydration and plastic pants there is very little concern for smell or leaks.
I can't use them

NabePup said:
I've said it before, but if I could have "controlled" incontinence, like turn it on and off at will, then I'd definitely enjoy that. But obviously that's not really realistic and pretty much by its definition wouldn't be incontinence anyway. I'll admit that I've thought about it and am curious what it'd be like to experience, but am definitely glad I'm not incontinent and feel bad for those that are. Having to live with and deal with it with no choice sounds really not fun.
It's possible for males to have selective urinary incontinence; I have done it. Forum rules prohibit my explaining how. I did it for research, both on products and the life experiences that are unavoidable for some among us. I came to the conclusion that I prefer having my urinary continence, but it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't. We live in an age where technology has surmounted the worst of the inconveniences associated with incontinence, but that's not to say it's not an inconvenience in some ways. I found it more of a "change" 😆 than anything else. I think that once you have found products that work for you, the greatest challenges are psychological, and there are several UIC members who have expressed similar thoughts.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: NabePup
bobbilly said:
For me I'm happy with any incontience products. I love plastic nappies but I would love any form of incontience, even a catheter or stoma. But thinking about it them realistically I would hate to be incontinent.
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but like all “cloth backed” diapers are still made of plastic. It’s just plastic-backed plastic cloth. 😅

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, depta99 and nightfox320
diapereddesigner said:
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but like all “cloth backed” diapers are still made of plastic. It’s just plastic-backed plastic cloth. 😅
Heck, why cover a perfectly soft smooth plastic surface with cloth, tsk tsk, such a waste *sign and nods*

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and boredofwheelchair
PadPhilosopher said:
It's possible for males to have selective urinary incontinence; I have done it. Forum rules prohibit my explaining how. I did it for research, both on products and the life experiences that are unavoidable for some among us. I came to the conclusion that I prefer having my urinary continence, but it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't. We live in an age where technology has surmounted the worst of the inconveniences associated with incontinence, but that's not to say it's not an inconvenience in some ways. I found it more of a "change" 😆 than anything else. I think that once you have found products that work for you, the greatest challenges are psychological, and there are several UIC members who have expressed similar thoughts.
Hmmm, you don't have to go into details, but I'm definitely at least curious 😅 You said specifically "possible for males to have selective urinary incontinence". Does that mean whatever you did isn't an option for those with female anatomy?

NabePup said:
I've had the same thought. Could @PadPhilosopher share in a way that wouldn't break the rules?

I think the fantasy for many here is to have no control. But when I've thought about it, really, the more realistic goal is actually more control.
Meaning, you're able to go anywhere, any time, in any position at will whenever you want with no feeling of anything stopping you.
Now, I do think companies will eventually stop producing diapers with plastic because of environmental concerns, so..... I guess... enjoy them while you can....

• Wow
[sarcasm]yeahhhhh having a constant feeling of worrying about having a mess in the seat or if leaking is a concern sure sounds like fun, don't it?[/sarcasm]

I wear 24/7 for incontinence reasons and whilst I'm not worried that plastic will be banned because as @diapereddesigner says all 'cloth backed' diapers are actually plastic backed but still prefer plastic backed they fell safer and seem to have better odour control and don't express like cloth backed seemed too, plus all the medical cloth backed diapers I've tried seem to have breathable wings which I don't like and prefer the wings to be made from the same material as the rest of the nappy just like ABU Little Kings are, in fact I would love a medical nappy that is like ABU Little Kings shell without the prints, either plain or with medical print and a wetting indicator

Reactions: diapereddesigner and PadPhilosopher
NabePup said:
Hmmm, you don't have to go into details, but I'm definitely at least curious 😅 You said specifically "possible for males to have selective urinary incontinence". Does that mean whatever you did isn't an option for those with female anatomy?
GoodnitesAreGoat said:
I've had the same thought. Could @PadPhilosopher share in a way that wouldn't break the rules?
What I did does require male anatomy, as the female anatomy doesn't have some required ingredients. Trust me, there's no way to post more that doesn't break the rules here.

Reactions: NabePup
Back