Mention something interesting about yourself or an experience that doesn't have to do with ABDL

googlyeyes467

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'd really like to connect with other ABDL people over more interests than just diapers. To that end, I'd appreciate if we could all mention something we're proud of that doesn't have to do with ABDL.

I'll start - I have an interest in language learning. I've been learning Japanese over the last two years and got to speak to a number of natives on a trip to Japan recently. It was really fun but I still have a long way to go.

Reactions: littlestmay, Tommy10, babyscotty37 and 2 others
Long time 'off-shore' Great Lakes sailor. An engineering background fits well with sailing.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, Tommy10, babyscotty37 and 4 others
I am a jack of all trades master of none haha

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, tempestcd, ianwee and 3 others
I can build/repair/upgrade computers and dabble in several coding languages.

Reactions: babyscotty37, googlyeyes467 and Edgewater
I got into deep system pruning and optimization at a dark time when I had no money and a friend lent me a terribly weak netbook. It ran Win7Starter. It was so horribly slow, and it is what got me to dig deep. It also got me into Linux :)

Anyway, I'm extremely proud of my many invasive surgeries into Win11 and Edge. Neither nag me. All the complaints around the internets about either Win11 or Edge, I've solved them. No nagging at all. No ads. No unwanted apps. No widgets. No Teams. Edge is a miserable browser by default, but not for me. My Edge is how everyone would want it to be. Neither Windows nor Edge have any MSN crap at all. And, best of all, none of this is achieved with external programs. Nothing from outside. All of this is configuration. It's knowledge accrued over the years. Every time I hear someone on a podcast bitching about Win11, I realize that I don't have that annoyance, and it makes me feel good.

I do, of course, still use Linux too, as my default driver. Windows when necessary.

• Love
Reactions: babyscotty37, Edgewater and artemisenterri
I enjoy foraging for wild fruits, vegetables, and mushrooms. To date, I have not killed myself once.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Tommy10, Pelusos, ianwee and 5 others
TenaciousDL said:
To date, I have not killed myself once.
We would like monthly check-ins :D

• Haha
Reactions: JamisonFTM and Edgewater
artemisenterri said:
I can build/repair/upgrade computers and dabble in several coding languages.
Got an opinion on Hyper-X RAM? I've built several machines with them, and am now realizing that they're no good.

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater
I like building gunpla aka gundam model kits. they look like this!
gunpla 3(1).jpggunpla 2(1).jpggunpla 1(1).jpg

Reactions: dogboy, googlyeyes467, Edgewater and 2 others
HugeBulge said:
Got an opinion on Hyper-X RAM? I've built several machines with them, and am now realizing that they're no good.
lol

Sounds like buyer's remorse... I stick with Crucial or Samsung... Also used Hynix for a few laptops... Using TimeTec for the first time my main machine, got a 8gb DDR3 4-pack off Amazon for under $40...

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater
I am a published author, when I was finishing school, I had a novella published that I wrote and then the publishers asked me to write a second. The money I received paid for me to move to the UK and put the deposit for the mortgage on my first flat here.

Make no mistake, neither were best sellers even in Spain, but it was a lot for 18 year old me. It bought me my freedom, a cheap car with a promise of pastures new.

I always wandered how my life would have turned out if I carried on writing, pretty soon after moving here I took a job in the property industry and haven't written now for over a decade.

• Wow
Reactions: babyscotty37, Pelusos, googlyeyes467 and 3 others
Aww everyone is more interesting than me. I am a boring person. I don't really do much. Uuuh a couple of years ago I had a seizure that caused me to crash my car. Two days later I had a second seizure. Since then I've not had another one. Brain scans showed nothing wrong in my head. That's about the most interesting thing I can think of.

• Wow
Reactions: babyscotty37, ianwee and Edgewater
I love cycling and once rode 440km in 3.5 days in Beijing province (so mostly out in the countryside around Beijing than in the city itself).

Reactions: babyscotty37 and googlyeyes467
I'm a later-in-life transitioned trans man, who works in the healthcare setting. I love learning about diseases and syndromes and how the body and mind work.
In my free time, I enjoy going on nature walks or to the beach and visiting Disney. I also love trying new restaurants and different places and dishes to eat.

I restore antique vehicles and machines as a hobby, and am learning how to use cad so I can 3d print my own tools and parts. I’m also a pretty accomplished pilot and love anything with wings.

Reactions: Tommy10, babyscotty37, Pelusos and 2 others
US Navy combat vet jack of all trades master of some lol believe everyone deserves second chances cause you never know what a mistake can drive them to achieve

Reactions: Traveler
I was TIME Magazine's person of the year in 2007. A real exclusive accolade you've never heard before I know
:cool:
In all seriousness though, I've been really into unreality horror fiction and ARGs recently despite my usual aversion to horror as a genera (too scary 🥺). I'm not sluethy enough to do any of the actual puzzle solving but I think the multimedia formats people tell chooe to tell their stories in are facinating! Angel Hare, CatGhost, Petscop, and Welcome Home are favorites of mine.

Reactions: googlyeyes467
SparkyDog said:
I am a jack of all trades master of none haha

“A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one.”​

Reactions: farminlittle, mammalun, tempestcd and 1 other person
I’m a simple man. I love antique cars, trucks, tractors, and anything really. Love living a stress free life, which can be hard in the world we live in.

Reactions: geka and babyscotty37
Besides being a professional musician, I enjoy playing around with my various sound systems. I have a couple prosound systems for playing in our band, one surround sound system for TV and movies and three stereo systems which include a McIntosh integrated amp and a pair of Ohm Walsh 2000 tallboy speakers made in Brooklyn. I also enjoy writing the occasional story.

Reactions: farminlittle and babyscotty37
Back