Looking for nappy/diaper/pad recommendations in the UK.

RojasPuraVida

U-IC Spanish Ex-Pat now living in the UK
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi everyone...

As I have mentioned previously, following a car accident and subsequent surgeries, I have bladder control problems and manage this with incontinence pads.

I've been using the Abena S2 pull-up style now for years but the supplier I use has raised the prices so looking for an alternative ideally sub £0.75 per pad. I've tried the Tena premium fit bladder leak products before but had bad experiences (leaks..etc).

I really don't care whether they're pull-up or tape on style provided that they meet the below criteria:

-Reasonably long lasting - right now I use 5-6 pads per day, would ideally like not to use any more than that for convenience sake.

-Comfortable, I don't want anything that's going to be chafing or getting 'bunched up' if that makes sense. For what difference it does/doesn't make; I'm a 30s male with a 30" waist, slight build and 5ft7in.

-Price, Ideally under £0.75/pad as that was what I've been paying up until this point, really don't want to spend more than £1/pad

Thanks in advance :)

Hi I'm in Uk too yes Tena fit leak badly, depending on your Ic condition but abena, incontrol and betterdry work well

RojasPuraVida said:
Hi everyone...

As I have mentioned previously, following a car accident and subsequent surgeries, I have bladder control problems and manage this with incontinence pads.

I've been using the Abena S2 pull-up style now for years but the supplier I use has raised the prices so looking for an alternative ideally sub £0.75 per pad. I've tried the Tena premium fit bladder leak products before but had bad experiences (leaks..etc).

I really don't care whether they're pull-up or tape on style provided that they meet the below criteria:

-Reasonably long lasting - right now I use 5-6 pads per day, would ideally like not to use any more than that for convenience sake.

-Comfortable, I don't want anything that's going to be chafing or getting 'bunched up' if that makes sense. For what difference it does/doesn't make; I'm a 30s male with a 30" waist, slight build and 5ft7in.

-Price, Ideally under £0.75/pad as that was what I've been paying up until this point, really don't want to spend more than £1/pad

Thanks in advance :)
You may care to try Drylife Super from Dorset Nursing Supplies which are plastic backed and taped nappies. Very comfortable and absorbent plus very good value at around £30 for a case of 3 x 15 nappies.

Reactions: bobbilly
Vivactive on incontinence choice are an OK brand, might work for you. I find Tenas (ultima slips) to be pretty good and quite cheap.

Betterdry are good as are ID and Northshore but not exactly cheap.

A potential option if they work for you (depends on what capacity you need and how much/fast you go) is a contoured pad and fixation pants (don't need the pants, you can use any underwear if it is a nice snug fit), they are a bit smaller than taped or pull up products since they only have the pad part, but you can get them very cheap like £9 for 21 of them. For lighter to moderate IC and changing properly they should be fine.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Neroforte
I also agree with he DryLife slip supers. They are excellent nappies.

Reactions: soggybottoms8882, Constantlydamp and Neroforte
I use Tena Maxi slips or Tena Proskin slips as these work very well for me, rarely get leaks and the comfort level is very good indeed with the Proskin.
I only use the full on tabbed Nappies as the brief types leak like mad for me after the first wetting where as the tabbed ones give much better protection when receiving a second or third wetting.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Wetshisbed
Napincolove said:
I use Tena Maxi slips or Tena Proskin slips as these work very well for me, rarely get leaks and the comfort level is very good indeed with the Proskin.
I only use the full on tabbed Nappies as the brief types leak like mad for me after the first wetting where as the tabbed ones give much better protection when receiving a second or third wetting.
I often use tena maxi slips when I am going to be out a long time with little opportunity to change. They hold a lot without fear of leaking unless you push them to the limit when all nappies will leak. I usually wear dry life plastic pants over a pair of padded in co pants to be sure.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Back