Noisier than I thought

Tommy10

Middle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I was at my friends house for dinner last night. She and her husband know I wear, and they're fine with me wearing at their house, but I still try to be discreet and respectful.

Hence I wore Animooz from Tykables, thinking the cuddle cloth outer cover would be much quieter than any of the plastic backed ones I usually wear. I topped this with a star wars t shirt and Spiderman sweatpants for an awesome "middle" look. Within 3 minutes of arriving she says to me "you're pretty noisy tonight" (in a nice way). I was genuinely surprised, since I thought I had it all planned out so well. And I don't mean this as a complaint against Animooz, which are comfy, cute, and do the job. I just thought I was being a bit more incognito :p 😁

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, mistykitty, medfet878 and 3 others
Oopsie lol. Animooz are for the audiophiles with a nice, safe place? xD

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, medfet878 and Tommy10
lilcamper said:
Oopsie lol. Animooz are for the audiophiles with a nice, safe place? xD
Yeah, oopsie lol! I don't think my friend is much of an audiophile either, it was just very noticeable I suppose :)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I always tell people real life is pretty loud, but yeah in the future wear something clothback :)

Reactions: Tommy10 and Woncrinklz
Tommy10 said:
I was at my friends house for dinner last night. She and her husband know I wear, and they're fine with me wearing at their house, but I still try to be discreet and respectful.

Hence I wore Animooz from Tykables, thinking the cuddle cloth outer cover would be much quieter than any of the plastic backed ones I usually wear. I topped this with a star wars t shirt and Spiderman sweatpants for an awesome "middle" look. Within 3 minutes of arriving she says to me "you're pretty noisy tonight" (in a nice way). I was genuinely surprised, since I thought I had it all planned out so well. And I don't mean this as a complaint against Animooz, which are comfy, cute, and do the job. I just thought I was being a bit more incognito :p 😁
Some people are very sensitive to hearing. For me, it is litterly what I am paid to do as my job, so I am SUPER sensitive to my own presence when I crinkle. A part of me wishes I had friends to speak up to let me know that I WAS crinkling, because it gives me the sense that I was being validated, but I can understand your embarassment.

So tykables are VERY crinkly. I had a fair shot at trying about 90 percent of their diaper collection, however I learned to wear ABDL diapers when only at home in private, and generics while out and about (that way nobody questions me if I have baby bunnies peaking over my wasteband and wondering why I am wearing pink underneath. Do generics suck? YES. But sometimes when your on a stealth mission you need to make sacrafices.

-Wishing you the best in your ninja hiding!
-Bun

Reactions: mistykitty, Tommy10 and LifeGoesOn223
Boxer briefs or compression shorts (bike shorts) help cut down on diaper noise alot and help keep everything in place.

Reactions: Tommy10
I'll give you a good idea, back when i first started wearing (IC issues) diuring the day...

I would always carry some candy in my pocket, like brachs or even the individually wrapped life savers (Special name in this instance).

You have the crinkling in your pocket, and i'd usually soon getting anywhere remotely quiet take out a candy and offer somone one and then anyone that heard any crinkling would think that it was the candy in my pocket, and likely they were louder than the diaper as well to begin with.

But, most people wont put noise and diapers together in the first plae and after taking out a life saver in its LOUD wrapper keeps even and AB thinking that it's just a pocket with them in there and not a diaper.

Just an idea to mask any diaper crinkling.

• Thinking
Reactions: littlestmay, Woncrinklz, mistykitty and 2 others
I think I should acknowledge that I'm not against the noise at all. I wore Attends Youth as a kid, and you can't get much louder than those LOL! As a middle, the noise is part of it all, so while I had no expectation of silence, I didn't expect them to be that loud and obvious either :p :)

The question is: wear my plastic backed ones (preferred), as cloth backed ones make plenty of noise already? This is something I shall ponder 🤔

Tommy10 said:
I think I should acknowledge that I'm not against the noise at all. I wore Attends Youth as a kid, and you can't get much louder than those LOL! As a middle, the noise is part of it all, so while I had no expectation of silence, I didn't expect them to be that loud and obvious either :p :)

The question is: wear my plastic backed ones (preferred), as cloth backed ones make plenty of noise already? This is something I shall ponder 🤔
Your friends IIRC know you waer diapers, and with that, the choice is totally yours, plastic or cloth backed, shouldnt matter as if your noisy your noisy and not like your being exposed per se as they know and likely suspect your wearing all the time anyhow.

That said, likely they will be more attuned to the noise and knowing that you wear diapers will obviously easily put diaper and noise together and bring it up to you cause its not a secret or something that is not talked about already.

Likely if you were with people that didnt know you wear diapers they would think other things other than a diaper if they hear some crinkling, like something in pockets, or even certain clothing is noisy or in all reality not even notice or care what the noise is.

So, yes wear what you feel like wearing your not going to be offending anyone, nor pushing your preferance on someone that doesnt already know and is ok with it.

So, from a social aspect, you are golden to wear whateve IMHO.

Your friends know, check!
They are ok with your wearing, check!
They even tease or bring up the fact your wearing, check!

In all reality you have some wonderful friends that are accepting of your DL and that is great, wear whatever type you feel like that day and go about your day as normal.

Reactions: messydiaper and Tommy10
I wear and wet many different plastic back and cloth back diapers to work and there is nothing out of the ordinary that announces my presence in a diaper...I think! Today for work I am going to choose my Little Kings diaper after I change my wet and messy morning Crinklz diaper. If I were around other people right now, a different sense besides hearing would give away my diaper.

*crinkle crinkle*

🤭🫣

Reactions: littlestmay
Frungie said:
I wear and wet many different plastic back and cloth back diapers to work and there is nothing out of the ordinary that announces my presence in a diaper...I think! Today for work I am going to choose my Little Kings diaper after I change my wet and messy morning Crinklz diaper. If I were around other people right now, a different sense besides hearing would give away my diaper.
Addendum: I changed my mind at the last minute and decided on ABU Classico V2 diaper.

Love Tykables!

Bigbabybret said:
Likely if you were with people that didnt know you wear diapers they would think other things other than a diaper
Agreed. Wearing at the store or wherever is less of a big deal as I'm in a store, ambient noise, everyone are random people, etc. But when visiting my friends, I'm in their house, way less ambient noise, might be really quiet as I get up to grab some more snacks, etc. You mentioned not pushing this on others, which I'm totally on board with and feel I've given the full disclosures to my friends. The extra noise of plastic backed diapers over the cloth like ones still feels like an intrusion or disrespect. Regarding last weekend, I hadn't told her ahead of time that I was going to wear a diaper, so I'm not sure they just assume I'm wearing one.

Here's the real kicker: she has previously said to wear whatever I want lol! Yet I still feel like the noisier diapers are that intrusion. As a 10yo I was aware my diapers were noisy, but I still went about my day anyway with an "oh well" attitude. As a middle now I want to get to that point again, and best of all I have friends who are willing to help and I just have to trust them :).Maybe next time I'll wear a Dinorawrz (really noisy, imo) and just go for it 😉

Reactions: Bigbabybret
Back