What tapes do you like better?

Babytoodler5

⭐️I love being in my diaper 🚼🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Would you rather have adhesive tapes or Velcro tabs when putting on a diaper?

Definitely adhesive tapes. Velcro is almost a no-go for me, even if the outer shell is otherwise plastic backed.

• Wow
Reactions: MaxSyd, mayhem, Lostdiapersboy and 1 other person
100% adhesive taped on my diapers as it sticks on perfectly on plastic backed diapers

Reactions: Babytoodler5
Hook and loop for me.
They allow me to adjust and refit the disposable after using the toilet for No2s.

Reactions: PaddedBass, Jk95, buridan and 3 others
I like both, the hook and loops are nice if you like to re-adjust yourself after putting on, the regular tapes are nice if your a diaper pro and don’t need to re-adjust.

I prefer adhesive but I don't mind hook and loop

Adhesive

I like both. It really depends on what I have in my small diaper stash on what to wear at that time.

Reactions: Sidewinder and Babytoodler5
Honestly I don’t care what kind of tapes the diaper has as long as they work and so far they all have just fine for me :3 I’m getting more into hook and loop though because my Daddy is learning how to diaper me and I like that they allow him to readjust

Reactions: LittleEila
I usually prefer adhesive but I just got my first hook and loops the other day and I'm really enjoying them <3

Reactions: binkyyybunnyyy
Adhesive so they stay on better as long as there's a landing strip so you can re-position. I find the hook & velcro cumbersome after it gets caught on your pant material and comes loose.

Reactions: LittleEila
I like both. Hook & Loop are more convenient for readjusting, adhesive is great for a vintage feel (and the tapes are really loud when you take them off!)

Hook and loop are awesome for adjusting but they make disposal a pain cuz the tapes don’t stick to the plastic.

adhesive for sure

The diapers I wear, InControl Elites, are hybrid in that they are plastic-backed but use a hook-n-loop taping system which is incredibly strong. I've had zero failures of any kind with this system so far...and I love my diaper snuggy-snug. 🤗🧸🍼

BobbiSueEllen said:
The diapers I wear, InControl Elites, are hybrid in that they are plastic-backed but use a hook-n-loop taping system which is incredibly strong. I've had zero failures of any kind with this system so far...and I love my diaper snuggy-snug. 🤗🧸🍼
I like those diapers and their velcros. Totally thought about giving them a shout out here too.

But I don’t like that they can’t be rolled up and taped into a ball with the velcros. Least not as well as with tapes. Super minor issue though and it’s not a deal breaker.

Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
The worst part about Velcro for me is that they usually attach right to the fibers of the shell and stretch it, then get gummed up with those fibers and can’t be readjusted well.

If Velcro diapers had landing zones like baby diapers that could support the weight and be readjusted then. I’d love they. Incontrol hybrid elite diapers have that and it’s premium.

Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
I don't mind velcro in examples such as Beyond XP5000 but all in all, adhesive with second chance tapes is the way for me.
I don't like landing zones.

I prefer velcro for getting a good fit.

My problem with tape is that ever though they say re-adjustable they are a one shot and done. They either tare the plastic or fold onto themselves and will not stick.

The one draw back to velcro is the landing zone is ruff and if you have a pot belly it gets irritated by the surface.

LePew said:
The worst part about Velcro for me is that they usually attach right to the fibers of the shell and stretch it, then get gummed up with those fibers and can’t be readjusted well.

If Velcro diapers had landing zones like baby diapers that could support the weight and be readjusted then. I’d love they. Incontrol hybrid elite diapers have that and it’s premium.
InControl uses a dedicated, woven scrim for the frontal tape zone; therefore, its strength. The rest of the industry rely on the bonded-on, nonwoven rayon layer for the tapes to grab on.

As you can already tell, nonwoven badly lacks the cohesive integrity of a woven scrim. But the 'clothlike diaper' makers don't care. They don't have to wear the diapers they produce.

Back