Tena survey

CptKirk

Disabled veteran,"MOTORHEAD"PROFESSIONAL Mechanic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other

IF you can, take this survey and explain that products like the Tena "ACTIVE FIT" Ultima is a product far more suitable for our needs. Be polite, explain the issues you have that preclude you from relying on these "underwear" that look like something your Grandmother might wear, lack anywhere near enough absorbency, leak protection and do nothing to allow us to have confidence in the products like this when going out in public. I also explained how I wear a very substantial PE shell tabbed brief and have for YEARS and no one can tell what I am wearing when dressed appropriately!

I hope that if enough consumers say similar things that MAYBE, just MAYBE, they'll "see the light" and make products we can use with confidence readily available to us. I also mentioned the issues with the Tena tabbed briefs we can buy...never staying sung due to the paper thin wings ttearing, the Velcro tabs not adhering well enough to keep the diaper SNUG, the lack of adequate absorbency in anything they offer over here and how I have literally had those "fall down" as soon as I stood up when the brief was wet! Be professional and courteous with your answers. I know the odds of changing a companies mind are minimal, but if we don't try things will never improve on their own!

CptKirk.

PS if you would like me to proofread your response to this survey before submitting it, I will gladly do so when I have the chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: soggybottoms8882, Pino, 247 and 1 other person
what survey a link would be helpful

Reactions: TheDideeboy and Edgewater
Try that. My apologies. I thought I had provided it but I was mistaken. I tested this link and it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl2
Personally I've never had an issue with the Active Fit Ultima, and actually find them more comfortable than the plastic backed version. If you feel the absorbency is inadequate then I presume you'd like them to add more SAP, but then that will compromise the discreetness...

I definitely understand that some prefer the plastic backed version, but if your feedback to Tena is that you want a thinner product with more capacity then unfortunately your response will just get ignored

That being said, I do agree that the tabs can sometimes be problematic so this is maybe an issue they could look to resolve, although asking them to do a u-turn on their plastic consumption/output is never going to happen in the current climate

I wear the Tena men super absorbency underwear occasionally but, they really need leak guards bad! And they fall apart eventually if you wear them too long.
The cloth backed Tena diapers made in USA are crap! Absorbancy may be ok but the useless thing cloth sides stretch right out and fall off. Never buy again

Reactions: soggybottoms8882
leicesterfan said:
Personally I've never had an issue with the Active Fit Ultima, and actually find them more comfortable than the plastic backed version. If you feel the absorbency is inadequate then I presume you'd like them to add more SAP, but then that will compromise the discreetness...

I definitely understand that some prefer the plastic backed version, but if your feedback to Tena is that you want a thinner product with more capacity then unfortunately your response will just get ignored

That being said, I do agree that the tabs can sometimes be problematic so this is maybe an issue they could look to resolve, although asking them to do a u-turn on their plastic consumption/output is never going to happen in the current climate
My emphasis was on function, not form. I am one of those who NEED a significant amount of absorbency and I firmly believe that a thicker diaper that keeps your pants etc. dry is FAR MORE DISCREET than one that leaks due to poor design, bottom of the barrel materials and insufficient capacity. I mean, I wear Megamax almost full time and have worn them under shorts and a t shirt and NO ONE EVER noticed or if they did, said nothing.

Is this in America? I find the tena active here in the UK to be great.

Reactions: soggybottoms8882, Deleted member 39193 and 247
Survey submitted, thanks for sharing @CptKirk !

Reactions: CptKirk
Marting said:
Is this in America? I find the tena active here in the UK to be great.
yes

leicesterfan said:

You do realize that they use as much or more "plastic" with the "cloth like" diapers, right? The cloth outer shell is nothing more than PE fil sent through a machine that roughens the material to make it "FEEL" like cloth. It is 100% Polyethylene, as is the impermeable layer of plastic it is welded to (sonic welded using high frequency sound waves) underneath that "cloth like" outer shell. Knowing that, odds are very high that they actually use MORE plastic in the "cloth like" product than they do in the standard PE outer shell diapers.
There's NOTHING environmentally friendly about either option, period!

CptKirk

Reactions: Betterwearadiaper, JR1 and Pino
I was hoping to see MANY-MANY more people taking this survey. 1-5 people are NOT going to have any influence, but hundreds to thousands might! Survey takes minutes. PLEASE take it!

• Haha
Reactions: HalMidLife and leicesterfan
CptKirk said:
I was hoping to see MANY-MANY more people taking this survey. 1-5 people are NOT going to have any influence, but hundreds to thousands might! Survey takes minutes. PLEASE take it!
Technically the Tena slip ultimate is not far suitable for everyones need. People are different. What you might need or want is not what 100 other need or want.

Mufasa said:
Technically the Tena slip ultimate is not far suitable for everyones need. People are different. What you might need or want is not what 100 other need or want.
I recognize that but you're telling me, not TENA> TAKE THE SURVEY!

CptKirk said:
I recognize that but you're telling me, not TENA> TAKE THE SURVEY!
The servey is for the people struggeling with incontinence in the states, Ill let them speak for themselves.

Apathy is why some things never change.

You're basically asking a bunch of DLs to take a servey to get thicker diapers, scewing the servey it self. The servey is for Tena men, not tena ultima which is a slip. Most men that uses these products most likely dont want anything that actually is thick or very visible.

Reactions: leicesterfan
To many leading questions. They are assuming that the one taking the survey wears protective underwear.
I couldn't finish the survey in its current form.

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
To many leading questions. They are assuming that the one taking the survey wears protective underwear.
I couldn't finish the survey in its current form.
I agree. I wrote in my thoughts and desires in the comment section. Answer what you can but then write in the issues you have with their current product lineup! IF enough of us do this, MAYBE, just MAYBE, we'll see products that suit our needs! I'd estimate the majority of incontinent men here are in need of a product VASTLY SUPERIOR to these "pull-up" "underwear". THIS is the target audience I'm HOPING to get to answer as there is not a single "pull-up" style "brief" on EARTH adequate for my needs. NOT EVEN CLOSE honestly. How can a company ever produce and supply adequate products for those in the same boat as I am if they have no idea that market exists?

Just a note...I did NOT post this survey for those who are NOT incontinent!

CptKirk

Last edited:
Mufasa said:
You're basically asking a bunch of DLs to take a servey to get thicker diapers, scewing the servey it self. The servey is for Tena men, not tena ultima which is a slip. Most men that uses these products most likely dont want anything that actually is thick or very visible.
You see this very differently than I do. I see it as a company that does not offer ANY products in N America that suit my needs, period. They have a blank comment section. NO company will ever add suitable products unless they believe there is a significant customer base for that product. I believe every single male in N America could benefit for an adequate product that is readily available to us. I hope this makes sense!

CptKirk

Mufasa said:
The servey is for the people struggeling with incontinence in the states, Ill let them speak for themselves.
You see this very differently than I do. I see it as a company that does not offer ANY products in N America that suit my needs, period. They have a blank comment section. NO company will ever add suitable products unless they believe there is a significant customer base for that product. I believe every single male in N America could benefit for an adequate product that is readily available to us. I hope this makes sense!

CptKirk

Back