Shaving down there

Sorry if that was a bit vague its actually called Manscaped dot com.

Gotta stay silky smooth, I don't care either way. But my daddy is all about me being hair-less and my eyebrows are trimmed.. Everything else gets shaved or waxed

NabePup said:
For my privates/bits I use Nair. For my face I use a razor/electric shaver. But for everywhere else, such as my legs, arms, and chest I use an epilator. Ideally, I try to use my epilator whenever and as much as possible.

An epilator is kinda like an electric shaver, except instead of cutting the hair at the skin's surface, it pulls the hair out by the root. It works waaaaaay better than shaving and Nair. But it has its pros and cons:

Cons:
- it generally takes a little longer compared to just shaving or using nair
- it's kinda painful, especially the first 2-3 times you do it
- some epilators are relatively expensive

However, the more you do it the thinner the hair gets as it regrows. This makes it take significantly less time and significantly less painful each consecutive time you epilate. It also costs about as much as an electric shaver and in the long run razor blades might end up costing similar, as much, or even more.

Pros:
- when the hair regrows it doesn't get all stubbly and itchy
- it takes significantly longer to regrow so the results last much longer compared to using nair and/or a shaver or razor
- the hair that regrows is much thinner and lighter after the first few times you do it
- no risk of razor burn or chemical burns

I use this one made by Braun. I think Philips and probably some other companies make more inexpensive ones.

While right after epilating there might be some signs of irritation, such as red bumps where each hair was pulled out. I find, for me at least, it's actually much less likely to cause skin irritation compared to nair and shaving and the irritation goes away relatively quickly.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, the first 2-4 times you do it, it really really sucks. It's super painful and as a result it takes a long time unless you can handle the pain well and muscle through. But don't let that deter you or scare you off from using it. After you do it those first 2-4 times so all the hair regrowth is "fresh" and not deeply rooted like how it was those first few times, it gets A LOT easier. Much less painful and as a result a lot quicker.

I usually epilate maybe once every 2-3 weeks depending on how disciplined I'm feeling and how thoroughly groomed I want to be xD. So once you get a routine of it going it's really just a win-win-win compared to shaving or using Nair.

And to answer your question asking about how much to shave/how thorough to be. Well that's entirely up to you and how clean shaven you want to be. I usually go by the mood I'm in and how smooth I want to be or if I'm going to be with someone who prefers it when I'm clean shaven/smooth.
Thanks very much for such an in-depth post! I am going to get my self a Braun epilator !

Reactions: Deleted member 56440
Would it be really bad if I tried a epilator on my face?

NabePup said:
For my privates/bits I use Nair. For my face I use a razor/electric shaver. But for everywhere else, such as my legs, arms, and chest I use an epilator. Ideally, I try to use my epilator whenever and as much as possible.

An epilator is kinda like an electric shaver, except instead of cutting the hair at the skin's surface, it pulls the hair out by the root. It works waaaaaay better than shaving and Nair. But it has its pros and cons:

Cons:

However, the more you do it the thinner the hair gets as it regrows. This makes it take significantly less time and significantly less painful each consecutive time you epilate. It also costs about as much as an electric shaver and in the long run razor blades might end up costing similar, as much, or even more.

Pros:
- it takes significantly longer to regrow so the results last much longer compared to using nair and/or a shaver or razor
- the hair that regrows is much thinner and lighter after the first few times you do it

I use this one made by Braun. I think Philips and probably some other companies make more inexpensive ones.

While right after epilating there might be some signs of irritation, such as red bumps where each hair was pulled out. I find, for me at least, it's actually much less likely to cause skin irritation compared to nair and shaving and the irritation goes away relatively quickly.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, the first 2-4 times you do it, it really really sucks. It's super painful and as a result it takes a long time unless you can handle the pain well and muscle through. But don't let that deter you or scare you off from using it. After you do it those first 2-4 times so all the hair regrowth is "fresh" and not deeply rooted like how it was those first few times, it gets A LOT easier. Much less painful and as a result a lot quicker.

I usually epilate maybe once every 2-3 weeks depending on how disciplined I'm feeling and how thoroughly groomed I want to be xD. So once you get a routine of it going it's really just a win-win-win compared to shaving or using Nair.

And to answer your question asking about how much to shave/how thorough to be. Well that's entirely up to you and how clean shaven you want to be. I usually go by the mood I'm in and how smooth I want to be or if I'm going to be with someone who prefers it when I'm clean shaven/smooth.
Is there a certain brand or model you recommend? What is the cost of it?

Kittyinpink said:
Would it be really bad if I tried a epilator on my face?
I don't think it should cause any issues. My friend epilates their face and people get their face waxed so I doubt, other than the initial discomfort that happens when you epilate anywhere, it should cause any issues. Granted the face typically has a lot of nerves and dense placement of hair follicles, so there might be a bit more discomfort relative to other parts of the body

And no prob! Happy to help out and lend my experience...and opinions lol! I both hate and love my friend for introducing me to epilating haha, but I totally swear by it if you don't wanna pay for waxing sessions but want something that's as good. Eventually I'd love to do electrolysis, but that's a costly and timely process. I find epilating to be a good middle ground

Last edited:
Twee said:
Is there a certain brand or model you recommend? What is the cost of it?
I linked to the one I use and like in my original post, but it was pretty hidden so no worries!

Braun Silk Epil 9

When I was first looking into it, I did a very small amount of research on the different models and brands. I'm not sure if Braun is the best or not, but I know they make some really good quality electric shavers and I really didn't find too many alternative brands.

From what I could tell, the main difference between the models was more the different head attachments and accessories that come with it. For instance the Braun Silk Epil 9-521 is identical to the Silk Epil 9-981 (made up model number that may or may not exist), except the 9-981 comes with some extra pieces. But the main epilator portion is more or less the same.

The one I got came with 2 head attachments. One head that they suggest to use at first until you get use to it, and the another head that sits a little closer to the skin. I've personally just always used the standard head attachment that sits closer to the skin. They have other attachments that have "combs" and other things on them, but I don't see much of a benefit to them myself.

This is conjecture, but I kinda get the feeling that some of the attachments probably make it hurt a little less, but only because it reduces the amount of hairs it pulls out so it takes longer and is less thorough. But ymmv and maybe someone who has more experience with the other attachments could chime in.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384 and Jbo
NabePup said:
I linked to the one I use and like in my original post, but it was pretty hidden so no worries!

Braun Silk Epil 9

When I was first looking into it, I did a very small amount of research on the different models and brands. I'm not sure if Braun is the best or not, but I know they make some really good quality electric shavers and I really didn't find too many alternative brands.

From what I could tell, the main difference between the models was more the different head attachments and accessories that come with it. For instance the Braun Silk Epil 9-521 is identical to the Silk Epil 9-981 (made up model number that may or may not exist), except the 9-981 comes with some extra pieces. But the main epilator portion is more or less the same.

The one I got came with 2 head attachments. One head that they suggest to use at first until you get use to it, and the another head that sits a little closer to the skin. I've personally just always used the standard head attachment that sits closer to the skin. They have other attachments that have "combs" and other things on them, but I don't see much of a benefit to them myself.

This is conjecture, but I kinda get the feeling that some of the attachments probably make it hurt a little less, but only because it reduces the amount of hairs it pulls out so it takes longer and is less thorough. But ymmv and maybe someone who has more experience with the other attachments could chime in.
Ok thanks , I’ll look into it

NabePup said:

Cons:

Pros:

The other night I had an in depth chat with my other half regarding me shaving down there, something I have not really talked about. She was saying if I should be shaving everything bit of hair from my belly button down to midd thigh. She used to be somewhat against it but now she seems be be okay with it.

She was telling me about epilators she has used, saying that over time the pain fades, the hair is indeed thinner, will take longer to grow back and some of the hairs will not grow back. Were as with a razor, the hair will become darker, thicker and some will develop a second hair in the same pore, as well as an increase chance of ingrown hair. She would be happy to use it on me just to inflict again 😂 But, she says not to use it on the cock and balls, for them I should use a hair removal cream.

Letting my fiancee keep me clean and smooth down there was one of the best decisions I ever made, along with asking her to marry me.

Reactions: WillFord384, DiaperArch, Kittyinpink and 2 others
Back