? for those who wear to bed

RestrainU4Me

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The past few years I've worn diapers to bed almost every night. About six months ago, I finally mastered how to go to bed dry and wake up wet without remembering. I had a first last night though, I leaked! I always go to bed in a dry diaper even though I usually don't wet too much. But last night I was so tired and had only gone once a little bit that I went to bed in it anyways. But then this morning I woke up completely soaked along with my sheets, without waking up. Soaked to the point that my diaper couldn't hold anymore and it was apparent it leaked through the top while I was sleeping. Has this happened to any other "self made bed wetters?" I was wearing a Total Dry X-Plus which is the same as the Bambino teddy/bianco diapers. (I do wake up to pee when I am not wearing to bed.) Wondering if it was just a one night thing? I'm on a roughly 2 week streak of waking up wet and have noticed I've been getting wetter and wetter. Could my body be getting even more relaxed and letting more out at night? Has this happened to anyone else?

Reactions: thedlguy, Wetshisbed and DLnerd2004
sounds like you need thicker diapers for overnight...

Reactions: ZeeBonezz, ESPF and BabySkye75
I agree with bambinod. You may need a more absorbent diaper and/or a booster in your diaper.

Reactions: Blathers
Iv had it a few times now where Iv completely filled my diaper and leaked out over my sheets without knowing. Iv been wearing every night now for a few months and Iv noticed I’m so relaxed now I’m just wetting without realising.

Waterproof mattress protector + good washable bed pad + high capacity diaper + high capacity diaper liner .

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver, Pika123, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
IMaDLyay said:
The past few years I've worn diapers to bed almost every night.
About six months ago, I finally mastered how to go to bed dry and wake up wet without remembering. I had a first last night though, I leaked!
I'm on a roughly 2 week streak of waking up wet and have noticed I've been getting wetter and wetter.

Something, something, careful what you wish for, for you just might get it.

Either stop wearing and see if the wetting stops, or start looking into bed protectors and thicker diapers.

Reactions: thedlguy, Wetshisbed, ESPF and 2 others
I wear to bed every night, and about 90% of the time i wake up wet.
I have never found a diaper that doesn't leak on me overnight all by itself. I take a gerber pre fold diaper fold it into a triangle and put that in front of my diaper. I also take a second diaper and fold that so it's long and put that under my belly. the cloth absorbs very quickly. and disperses it to the diaper. I usually wet twice a night and almost never have a problem with leaks this way.

I go to bed with a very good absorbent diaper with a pad when I go to sleep.

I wear cloth diapers, and the nice thing about cloth is you can double up the diapers and not have to worry about leaks to much. but there is nothing is truly leak proof though.

I'm tempted just to say "Congradulations!😺" and let it go at that. But based on your post, I gather its got you concerned.
Don't be. Leaks are just part of diaper dependency /bedwetting. Just like plastic sheets and soakpads.
And BTW... Congratulations on your having become a real bedwetter! 😺
BTWW... You might want to invest in a few pairs of plastic panties now. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeeBonezz
IMaDLyay said:
Could my body be getting even more relaxed and letting more out at night? Has this happened to anyone else?

After looking back I realized my original post may have come off as crass which wasn't really my intention.

It really doesn't matter if you made yourself this way or not if its causing you stress and to seek answers.

Like I said above, try not wearing to see if you can still remain dry at night that way, but i suggest getting a plastic mattress cover first.

Leaks happen to all of us, welcome to the life of a bedwetter. Lets hope you are able to reverse this before it becomes a permanent thing.

You've found out the hard way that reality never quite measures up to the fantasy.
Not much fun getting a taste of truely being IC is it?

IDK how good/bad or thick Total Drys are but if you are soaking thru them in your sleep & find you cant stop then I seriously suggest finding a better, more absorbent diaper.

I hope things work out for you

Last edited:
MandyBear said:
Something, something, careful what you wish for, for you just might get it.

Either stop wearing and see if the wetting stops, or start looking into bed protectors and thicker diapers.
If you play with pee you will get wet.

Reactions: jasonm03 and Lyokodl
IMaDLyay said:
The past few years I've worn diapers to bed almost every night. About six months ago, I finally mastered how to go to bed dry and wake up wet without remembering. I had a first last night though, I leaked! I always go to bed in a dry diaper even though I usually don't wet too much. But last night I was so tired and had only gone once a little bit that I went to bed in it anyways. But then this morning I woke up completely soaked along with my sheets, without waking up. Soaked to the point that my diaper couldn't hold anymore and it was apparent it leaked through the top while I was sleeping. Has this happened to any other "self made bed wetters?" I was wearing a Total Dry X-Plus which is the same as the Bambino teddy/bianco diapers. (I do wake up to pee when I am not wearing to bed.) Wondering if it was just a one night thing? I'm on a roughly 2 week streak of waking up wet and have noticed I've been getting wetter and wetter. Could my body be getting even more relaxed and letting more out at night? Has this happened to anyone else?
i would say you are at the point where bedwetting has become a normal occurence . You have succeded in becoming a bedwetter. If this is a problem try and stop now but otherwise it is time to get the right nappies and bed protection. You may have to accept you wil always wet the bed from now on.

Reactions: PaddedLemur and ZeeBonezz
plastic sheets underpads and good thick diaper.you can try a wet sensor, you put it in your diaper and it sets off an alarm when you wet.

Check to see if you have developed a medical condition. There is a series of videos where diapers are tested with controlled amounts of liquids in different positions. Sleeping is a tough test.

I just started wearing most nights recently I really enjoy it, but I haven't experienced waking up wetter and wetter, or forgetting it in a way.
When I use the bathroom I still wake up and then just use the dip and go back to bed lol

Perhaps its because I haven't done it for 2 wks like you have, but maybe you just need a more absorbent diaper like some others are suggesting <3

I bought terry lined plastic pants that 99 percent of the time stops all leaks.
I am an x plus diaper user too.
It depends on the amount of liquid you take in before bed.
I too also don't wake up overnight and will be wet in the morning.

I have soaked so many diapers overnight that I had to double diaper or add soaker pads to a single diaper.
Water proof matress covering helps keeps the matress dry, but if your like me you end up waking up in a puddle of pee due to diaper leaking

I think it was just a one night thing. Because the past few nights were normal. Just the one night was a lot that soaked through

This has absolutely happened to me as a self-made almost bedwetter. I was always just wearing goodnites and felt good when I got to where I could wake to wet goodnites. After a while, my wetting did seem to increase and I would not wake at all and wearing a Goodnite pretty much always results in leaks. I had to switch to the thicker ABDL-type diapers. I have recently been re-potty training and have luckily had several dry nights as I really don't want to be completely night incontinent.

Back