Ever had a diaper pop?

Littleman12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Really strange experience today. I went for a walk through a forest and as I was walking along the track I felt the need to 'go' No.1. About 5 or 6 minutes later I heard this odd sound which I had never heard before from my diaper. I thought nothing of it and continued walking. A bit later I had to go No.1 again so I wet and, in a somewhat disgusting way of putting it, all the pee just came straight out. i.e went into the diaper and just poured through into my trousers. When back at the car I did a little inspection and it seemed the diaper had popped and all the gel had come out and fallen down my leg and out onto the floor so when I started peeing there wasn't anything to soak it up. Has anyone had any similar experiences or stories they are willing to share?

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
Hmmm...what brand of diaper was this? And where on the diaper was the rupture?

I use higher quality diapers ... never had Crinklz / BetterDry rip open before.
Both me and the "2 year old" go on long hikes every weekend :)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I have had the back side split out on me before. And fluff fell out. Thankfully i noticed before I used the diaper again. It was a crinklz. I think I had them too tight and when I bent down to pick something up they just split.

• Wow
Reactions: Ebabyboy12, justanotherDL, chrischrischris and 1 other person
I’ve only had it happen a couple times over the course of close to 20 years. They were pretty much all caused by a snug fitting diaper trapping air, then sitting down caused the diaper to pop! Did have the back split on me once from likely just being too tight and moving the wrong way

it’s quite a loud pop when a diaper pops like a balloon from the air pressure when sitting down. If it happens to you, you’ll know it lol

• Wow
Reactions: legojoker88, Jonnythepony and chrischrischris
A few times I've had a top tape (that was too tight, my fault) rip a hole in the front (weak panel), and several times I've had a diaper split vertically in the back. In most of those cases I attribute it to wear from the seam in my jeans weakening the plastic vertically in the back, combined again with attaching my tapes (lowers in that case) too tight.

If splitting is a problem, try attaching the lower tapes a little looser, protect your diaper from damage from the crotch seam (by wearing boxers over your diaper?) or get diapers with a stronger shell.

Reactions: BabyZinga, Jonnythepony, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I've had ABU (Simple Ultra) and Tykeables Galactic do it when they've been saturated and you sit down it bursts the top edge and all the stuff comes out, goes bloody everywhere. LIkewise both their boosters seemed to do it when saturated too, just can't handle being sat on.

So far Dotty Super Boompas have never done it and I've worn them a lot.

ived had this happen many times in various brands m4 , Bambinos ect they would always split on the bum :\ and it was annoying , so i switched kinds i havent had it happen in ages so thankfully! i think the last time i was only wearing on hallowen with a baby outfit while at a freind so i had to excute myself to leave and come back and put a new one on haha, always carry a spair for these reasons

I've had a crinklz spilt down the front/side twice, right where the bottom tape ended. Once on the right, once on the left, both times while wearing to bed. The first time it was dry and ripped pretty much as soon as I laid down. The second time though... it was slightly wet and must have ripped some time in the night. When I woke up there was fluff EVERYWHERE. I was still pulling it out of my blankets a week later.

Yes, but very rare, even with Depends. One night I had a very full Goodnite on (sick at the time), and I was sleeping on my stomach. I heard a bit of a crack and didn't think anything of it. By morning I was on my back, and working up the energy to get up. Top of the waistband, I could see where it popped, and the SAP that thankfully served its function. Only one Goodnite has ever done that to me, a few Depends (the worst, but even that, not common), yet never with Pampers or Luvs

Reactions: Littleman12
BobbiSueEllen said:
Hmmm...what brand of diaper was this? And where on the diaper was the rupture?
It was a Crinklz Astronaut.

• Wow
When I used crinklz I had three of four of them split in the back right above the seat of the diaper. Very annoying.

• Wow
I had a booster burst on me once and had the sap all over, not sure what caused it but I had it on for a long time after it had filled to max, now if I use a booster and know that i have soaked it to the max I'll take it out and still have ample diaper capacity left.

Back