Ice Hockey

Isle said:
Grew up in Michigan rooting for Red Wings. Shoveled a ton of snow to make rinks on the river, it was my favorite sport.
Those were the glory days of Gordie Howe and Terry Sawchuk. Never saw a game live though until moved to NY and watched the Rangers. Hockey crowds are pretty tough, like the game. Managed to share a few punches myself and I’m no fighter.
Oh I miss the days of shoveling off the pond

Reactions: ABbilly
Back in those days, I was born 1962, we had REAL winters, and there were always outdoor skate rinks available. What a hoot ! Nowadays, currently living in Michigan (SW), not a chance. It's a shame. I've spent many past winters living in Upper British Columbia Canada and every town has a rink. It's a great place for winter/hockey lovers.

Speaking of the Red Wings, my Mom was a lone Detroit fan (all sports) in our family and we gave her heck all the time. These were the days when the Hawks/Red Wings rivalry was intense. Loved it ! Brings back great memories. In the summer it was us (White Sox fans) against her (Tigers fan). It was good light-hearted fun and she took it well most of the time. We'd go to games and if either the Hawks or Sox won we'd have to temper our glee or else...

Bat shit crazy Boston fan🤩💕🏒

Reactions: Deleted member 47370, PampersboyLondon and ABbilly
Good year to be that...so far
...well, time will tell

That was some great game between St Louis and Dallas last night !!!! Best overtime ever.

Yes, Red Wings.

LittleMsZ said:
Hot damn I'm originally from the area but left right after I graduated high school and never looked back!
I'm a tried and true leafs fan, but I'm used to not getting my hopes up. I'm also a die hard Indians fan when it comes to baseball.... Come to think of it, all my sports teams always seem to break my heart. Maybe it's the Ohio in me!!
Haha yeah, I spent some time in NC but wound up back here. Canton breaks my heart.

For me, I'm a huge Avs, Devils and Preds fan. I became a fan of the Avs and Devils after their Stanley Cup finals matchup in 2001. Became a fan of the Preds in the last few years.

Predators fan here

Of course. Big Bruins fan. I also drive the Zamboni in a few places so it's in my blood!

Reactions: PampersboyLondon
ChrisKrinkle said:
Of course. Big Bruins fan. I also drive the Zamboni in a few places so it's in my blood!

don’t do any emergency goaltending as well do you 🤭

Reactions: nezquic66
Littlelex said:
I'm a blues fan #stl
Woo! Let's Go Blues!

Hopefully their performance tonight is better than Friday's

Reactions: Littlelex, nezquic66 and Midwest82
Back