ABDL

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
If I am an AB/DL and I walk into a medical supply store to purchase diapers for fun and not need will I get weird looks? If they sell maybe they are happy?

If they ask I will say it’s for a loved one

Should I call first and ask for a specific brand?

Best policy would be to give as little and say as little as possible. Besides, I’d sure you aren’t the only one who does it.

They aren't gonna be thinking "is this person buying diapers for fun"

They will assume you have some degree of incontinence and probably just be happy to make a sale

qwertyqwerty said:
If I am an AB/DL and I walk into a medical supply store to purchase diapers

Not saying they'll all be well-trained employees, but any employee that's worked at such a place for any length of time will have a well-developed discretion and should do a good job of not doing anything to make you feel uncomfortable. They don't care why you are buying diapers, but they're very aware that it can be an embarrassing experience and that any unnecessary negative vibe you get while there can easily make you go somewhere else next time. So unless you go to the diaper aisle and stare at them for a long time, they should leave you alone. Don't act like you need help, and you won't be bothered. Most of what they sell is of a more "personal" nature, and so they're also very unlikely to make smalltalk regarding your purchases. (unlike say at a Walmart)

Medical supply shops also want to sell items to stay in business, I would expect that employees would ask specific questions to make sure the product your buying is for the right application, some people legitimately need help with products, such as thinking full blown incontinence can be covered with a pull on type garment.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
I'm with everyone else here. Medical supply store worker's don't usually badger their customers with a ton of questions, so they won't even inquire about why you are buying what you're buying, I'd say that your worries are definitely irrational ;)

I used a medical supply store near my house for diapers between the ages of 16-18, when I was wanting to explore with better brands and I never once got an odd look or any questions. Also, many medical supply stores have started to cater to our community, at some medical supply stores it is not uncommon to find actual AB diaper brands :)

If you want to know what brands they have, yeah you can always call, you can also likely search them up online and check their inventory that way :)

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could plan for what to say if someone accosts you or questions you (rare though that would be). I think your solution of saying they're for a family member would work out best should that ever happen.

Best of luck :D

I agree with others that they will be very profestional and understanding as they would be with anyone that shops weather asking questions or just buying. And shops need to make money so need sell. It's good for them to make the sale regardless of what it's going to be used for.

Or to see what they carry

Unless you go in shouting from the rooftops that you're buying them because you're AB/DL, nobody will care.

And even if you do, they most likely still won't care.

Last edited:
Thank you.... are those all good products to purchase I know the molicare are good

I couldn’t find the brief section, thank you

I just did this last Wednesday when my shipment wasn't going to show up till Friday. That's what I told them. Small store, not a very big selection. Nothing in large. Most off-brands run small. I manage to tape them up only on about 3 inches in a side or so. They asked no questions at all.

qwertyqwerty said:
If I am an AB/DL and I walk into a medical supply store to purchase diapers for fun and not need will I get weird looks? If they sell maybe they are happy?
One, you don't need to keep spamming your thread to bump it up there is an edit button if you have something to add, two, how would they know what you planned for the diaper unless you actively tell them? They are professionals selling a product, all they know is you are buying diapers. Unless you show up dressed like a baby this thought would not even cross their mind, theres enough incontinent people in the world that adult diapers are viable to sell in grocery stores, think about that fact.

Last edited:
qwertyqwerty said:
Thank you.... are those all good products to purchase I know the molicare are good

I had a quick look and the Molicare diapers look like the best they have. Do you know what size you need?

qwertyqwerty said:
If I am an AB/DL and I walk into a medical supply store to purchase diapers for fun and not need will I get weird looks?

Here's my advice. Follow this guide and you can hold your head up high and just act normally without any fear of embarrassment:

Work out EXACTLY what you want to buy. The brand, the model name, the absorbency, the waist size, etc. Plan in advance what to do if they don't have any in stock. What if they offer a different size or a lower absorbency?

Write down your 1st, 2nd... choices on a piece of paper. Come up with a story. Perhaps.... Your grandfather is visiting and has forgotten to bring his "supplies", so your mother has sent you out to pick up an "emergency" pack.

That way, you can say you don't know any more details other than what's written on the paper. If they don't have what you need, you can say, "I just need to call my mum to check" and leave to make a phone call. If they ask about any tax-exemption, you can say, "I don't know how this works. It's a one off, so I don't care about the tax."

The other trick is to never volunteer more information than necessary. It's no one else's business why you're buying them. If you have a "basic story" worked out, and someone gets nosey, you can either say, "I don't know" or "None of your business"... without looking like an obvious ABDL.

It gets so much easier once you've done it once and seen how little shop-keepers care what you buy, and how little you should care what they think. After all...:

Last edited:
Most of their selection seems to be stuff you wound want to buy.

I have tried Molicare Super Plus before and those are pretty good, also the Wellness briefs are supposed to be good (though I have never tried those)

qwertyqwerty said:
There is absolute no reason for you to explain you're an abdl to the stor clerk. As far as they know you need them for a physical medical reason. And they sell tons of diapers to adults every year. It's literally their job to help you get the right diapers, and to do so without making you feel bad.

As for which diaper to get, ask the clerk. Seriously, and don't be shy or ashamed to ask either. They are there to help you. Tell them your waist size (as measured near your belly button, not you hips/belt size), and ask for the most absorbent diaper they have. Often enough stores like this will carry off brand types of diapers. Molicare super IS a decent mid-grade diaper, but it is possible they might have something better still.

Back