Buying stuff from eBay

I agree i bought a motherboard on there and the seller had good reviews however i think they used the board before they gave it to me because when i got it it worked fine for a few months then it started to throw up an error that was hard to get rid of no matter when you do so i just tossed it haven't been back to eBay since, but i want to try again not with that seller but with eBay in genial, you mentioned that you bought diapers in eBay before how was their packing in terms of when you opened the box did the pack that the diapers are in looked damaged or used then resealed, and the diapers themselves did they look damaged or not safe to wear like the tapes were messed up or something cause I've seen a lot of medical sellers on eBay that are actual stores same on amazon as well but i don't know? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks Gabe.

The important thing with eBay is keeping expectations realistic, timing (particularly if you are after something hard to find or if you want a better deal or more eBay bucks to stretch your money) ; and placing just enough trust in the sellers you choose to buy from, low feedback (with positive ratings) = low priced items, if it is someone with 10,000 + all positive feedback you can trust them with much more expensive purchases

BabyTyrant said:
The important thing with eBay is keeping expectations realistic, timing (particularly if you are after something hard to find or if you want a better deal or more eBay bucks to stretch your money) ; and placing just enough trust in the sellers you choose to buy from, low feedback (with positive ratings) = low priced items, if it is someone with 10,000 + all positive feedback you can trust them with much more expensive purchases
Thanks for help.

bunny cloth diapers, dresses, bunch of things.

No real "horror" stories, stay away from nendoroids made from china, but from the ones I seen, are up front that they are bootleg, lol

CutePrincess said:
bunny cloth diapers, dresses, bunch of things.

No real "horror" stories, stay away from nendoroids made from china, but from the ones I seen, are up front that they are bootleg, lol

Thanks for your help.

I buy alot of stuff off ebay and with out any problems BUT be careful when buying games.
Games are regionalised and some ebayers sell games and say its for your region but its not. The game will work fine till you try to load a DLC and find you can't.
I had this with Fallout 4, but I was lucky, ebay sent me to paypal and they gave me a full refund even though they didn't have to as i had gone passed the dispute date.
I had to start the game again as the saves are alot so region locked but i could use my DLCs.

So if you are going to use ebay also use paypal as it gives you another line of defense against being scammed.

PyjamaBoy said:
I buy alot of stuff off ebay and with out any problems BUT be careful when buying games.
Games are regionalised and some ebayers sell games and say its for your region but its not. The game will work fine till you try to load a DLC and find you can't.
I had this with Fallout 4, but I was lucky, ebay sent me to paypal and they gave me a full refund even though they didn't have to as i had gone passed the dispute date.
I had to start the game again as the saves are alot so region locked but i could use my DLCs.

So if you are going to use ebay also use paypal as it gives you another line of defense against being scammed.

That's why I always make sure my games are US/C for US/Canada so I dont run into problems later on

In my experience theres an extremely low chance of getting a bad seller, you are way more likely to run into problems with Bad Buyers if you ever sell anything

BabyTyrant said:
That's why I always make sure my games are US/C for US/Canada so I dont run into problems later on

In my experience theres an extremely low chance of getting a bad seller, you are way more likely to run into problems with Bad Buyers if you ever sell anything
I agree with you 100% as i said i buy from ebay all the time and have had very few problems, i like ebay and they way it is set up.

i did check the game was for my region and the seller said he was from UK and when i got the game the cover said it was my region, as i said first thing i knew was when the DLCs dropped and i couldn't load them. paypal looked into it and reported him. i just got unlucky

PyjamaBoy said:
I agree with you 100% as i said i buy from ebay all the time and have had very few problems, i like ebay and they way it is set up.

i did check the game was for my region and the seller said he was from UK and when i got the game the cover said it was my region, as i said first thing i knew was when the DLCs dropped and i couldn't load them. paypal looked into it and reported him. i just got unlucky

I find most games are clearly labeled in the description or even the picture what Region they are for, for example the UK and other regions have different ratings than the US/Canada, which uses the ESRB Ratings System.

I just wish they cared about Sellers as much as they do about Buyers, they make it all to easy to run into problems with Abusive Buyers looking to essentially rent an item for free for up to 45 days, or make up excuses to get a big discount because they dont want to return the item or pay what the cost was.

Or even outright steal your stuff.

I'm surprised they still have plenty of Sellers to sell items and keep them in business, if nobody was selling on eBay there would be nothing for anyone to buy and they wouldn't be making money on Fees.

I dont buy from there mostly because the shipping is way to expensive that's just my option

PyjamaBoy said:

Thanks for your help.

BabyTyrant said:
I find most games are clearly labeled in the description or even the picture what Region they are for, for example the UK and other regions have different ratings than the US/Canada, which uses the ESRB Ratings System.

I just wish they cared about Sellers as much as they do about Buyers, they make it all to easy to run into problems with Abusive Buyers looking to essentially rent an item for free for up to 45 days, or make up excuses to get a big discount because they dont want to return the item or pay what the cost was.

Or even outright steal your stuff.

I'm surprised they still have plenty of Sellers to sell items and keep them in business, if nobody was selling on eBay there would be nothing for anyone to buy and they wouldn't be making money on Fees.
Thanks for your help.

littledreamers333 said:
I dont buy from there mostly because the shipping is way to expensive that's just my option
Thanks for your help.

I've had both good an bad experiences with ebay. As mentioned you really have to look at their ratings. 100x 5 stars, no way you can't fool me. 10,000x 4 stars, heck yeah I'll buy from them. Make sure to look at the recent feedback too. I've seen enough well established accounts become toxic overnight too.

Slomo said:
I've had both good an bad experiences with ebay. As mentioned you really have to look at their ratings. 100x 5 stars, no way you can't fool me. 10,000x 4 stars, heck yeah I'll buy from them. Make sure to look at the recent feedback too. I've seen enough well established accounts become toxic overnight too.
Thanks for your help.

Back