Anyone else wear 2 diapers at once?

babyelena

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I have some things coming in the mail I’m super excited. Wanted to hear some opinions and experiences other people have done!

I’ve been pretty much wearing 24/7 for 3 months. Due to both health and general interest. I mainly wear the thickest store bought ones and get abdl ones when I can afford it. I highly prefer disposable diapers. I love the crinkle and overall feel much more than cloth.

My plan when I get the stuff in the mail, is to use a store bought dip then a abdl dip overtop then to top it all off with a diaper cover!

Does anyone else double up like this? What is your method? How long does the one on the outside that doesn’t get wet last? Curious of other experiences. Thanks ahead of time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would also like to add that I can only buy sample abdl diapers at the moment here and there because they’re out of my price range. So I came up with this idea of doubling up to still get the feel of the abdl but only wetting the store bought ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wear 2, and sometimes 3. I love the thickness!

I've done it once but the top nappy ended up being too lose, probably because I didn't do it properly.

I've worn two at once only one time, the inner diaper was a low quality diaper which I punctured to let fluid through and the outer diaper was a higher quality diaper. The outer diaper ended up being too loose and the overall result was less enjoyable than I would have liked.

I don't layer up that often. Thickness isn't a big deal to me unless it's pushed on me. I find cloth works well for that kind of thing when I'm looking for it.

I've worn 5 Tena Supers at once and jumped in the tub. That was the only time I got stupid

Other times I've MAYBE worn 3 really thin ones at most, don't want to double up the M4s I have ever though because they work fine as is. Might grab boosters the next time I grab diapers though

I've doubled diapered before but sometimes it's not worth the cost. I tend to use stuffers though. Somtimes i'll double stuffer.

lilkayden said:
I've doubled diapered before but sometimes it's not worth the cost. I tend to use stuffers though. Somtimes i'll double stuffer.

Now that's an idea...less tapes and more thickness. I like it a lot.

Yeah, I tried doubling up before but I really needed better dipes or plastic pants. I do regularly use boosters, those are useful and they do thicken things up. I may try a double booster tonight.

I've worn 4 at once at least a couple times, and it wasn't my choice either. XP

You really do waste nappies doubling up. Booster pads are the best option imho. The other option which makes doubling up so thick you waddle is cloth, disposable and then plastic pants.

Reactions: Zorbid
I've only done it with crappy Attends because I had an incredible amount of them I was trying to just use up. It was the only way I could get them to actually feel thick, lol.

I've doubled up and I love the thickness. Punching holes in the inner diaper still doesn't seem to use the full capacity of the outer dip so I just use the inner diaper, sometimes with boosters, to capacity and let the outer dip the catch any leaks. If you use a hook-and-loop fastening dip as the outer layer you can usually reuse that dip over another tape on dip multiple times thus not wasting and actually stretching your stash while still increasing thickness. The hook and loop fastening disposables (e.g., Changing Times Bear Hugz and Tykable Overnights) can also be retightened minimizing the looseness of the outer diaper mentioned above.

As mentioned previously, you can get maximum thickness with cloth dips and plastic panties. The cloth absorbs any leaks and the cloth can be repinned as the fabric stretches or use a fitted diaper with Velcro tabs.

I have used 2 at the same time before, when I had diapers that were too small for me to actually use, sometimes the inner diaper ends up being fully used and the outer one is barely able to absorb anything.

But that is because I always order quality ABDL diapers.

Most of the time I just stuff a good ABDL diaper and I'm ready to go for a long time and still get the effect of a very thick and thirsty diaper that swells to be much much thicker and soft and squishy and amazing.

I always wear 2 diapers at night when I wear cloth diapers.

I sometimes double up at night using a large over a medium, for comfort and safety. A favourite pairing would be a medium Betterdry with a large ABU simple. The medium is usually plenty absorbent on its own and fits well, so that does all the work. The large is for the comforting feel of bulk and having waterproof coverage that comes right up round my waist, although it doesn't fit correctly at the legs. It's unlikely to get wet, but if the inner nappy did leak around the waistband it would catch some of the leak.

Very occasionally I'll double up with two mediums during the day for extreme absorbency, but usually I change often enough not to need that, or I use booster(s). The hourglass-shaped high-performance boosters such as the 2xl are more or less like a second nappy, but without the backing interfering with wetness transfer. For wets only, I prefer those to doubling up, although they interfere with the leakguards and can cause messy leaks as they don't leave any space in the seat to do the poo into, so the double nappy is a better choice if a big poo is likely to happen.

If the inner nappy of a double is not perforated, the outer might stay completely dry and be re-usable for a few changes. But I wouldn't keep re-using it simply because it didn't get noticeably wet. Enough wetness can wick from the inner to make it unhygienic to keep on wearing it.

I will double up with the thinner cheap ones like depends or CVS brand. CVS brand is very cheap so you can shamelessly and inexpensively double them

Lonelydl said:
I will double up with the thinner cheap ones like depends or CVS brand. CVS brand is very cheap so you can shamelessly and inexpensively double them
You probably have to, to get them to work halfway decent.

Paxe said:
I sometimes double up at night using a large over a medium, for comfort and safety. A favourite pairing would be a medium Betterdry with a large ABU simple. The medium is usually plenty absorbent on its own and fits well, so that does all the work. The large is for the comforting feel of bulk and having waterproof coverage that comes right up round my waist, although it doesn't fit correctly at the legs. It's unlikely to get wet, but if the inner nappy did leak around the waistband it would catch some of the leak.

Very occasionally I'll double up with two mediums during the day for extreme absorbency, but usually I change often enough not to need that, or I use booster(s). The hourglass-shaped high-performance boosters such as the 2xl are more or less like a second nappy, but without the backing interfering with wetness transfer. For wets only, I prefer those to doubling up, although they interfere with the leakguards and can cause messy leaks as they don't leave any space in the seat to do the poo into, so the double nappy is a better choice if a big poo is likely to happen.

If the inner nappy of a double is not perforated, the outer might stay completely dry and be re-usable for a few changes. But I wouldn't keep re-using it simply because it didn't get noticeably wet. Enough wetness can wick from the inner to make it unhygienic to keep on wearing it.

Back