Halo Infinite disappointment at E3

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I really expected them to show more of Halo Infinite's campaign. Not just a "look how be we is" shot. I got a lot more of that Halo feeling from the multiplayer trailer.

I just expected more for all the patience the community has shown.

What surprises me is how many folks still pay attention to E3 … nothing is as good as it is hyped.

Heck - most games now-a-days are released as buggy messes that take a considerable amount of time to fix ( if the dev isn’t too busy working in DLC )

Reactions: Deleted member 58421 and Lightstreak2553
I usually watch casually or catch a live blog after the fact and eat popcorn while fanboys spout half-assed technobabble about their team. But a friend was interested in livestreaming reactions, so I got into the spirit.

Aye, I watched the microsoft conference with my mate and...yeah. For us at least, Halo seemed so weak...and that is meant to be like microsoft's big gun. The story stuff just reminded me of Halo 4 in all the wrong ways. I'll be honest, I did not like the direction Halo 4 went, seemingly completely changing Masterchief, making him talk way too much, etc.
And the multiplayer trailer was cool I guess? But ultimately it seemed rather fake. That trailer is unlikely to be a proper representation of the multiplayer, as it was overly cinematic n shiz, which makes sense as they are trying to hype people up.

I think they did halo dirty because people knew what the multiplayer would be like I too wish they showed single player, and I’m not even the biggest halo fan.

However so far I do think the Microsoft conference was the best of them, they showed off of crap to the games that are all part of the subscription service which they are pushing really hard so it’s actually a good value which is surprising because I basically won’t say that about any other subscription service even though I pay for some.

Ubisoft’s one was a waste of time.
No news on a bunch of previously announced titles bge2, skull and bones, The new ghost recon etc.
Or announcements on titles people want such a splinter cell etc.

They could’ve literally summed it up as:
here’s the rabbids X mario game everyone wants (even though it’s been a rumor for a while, it was a huge success so of course they’re going to milk it and the trailer leaked prior to the show)
we made the name of the new rainbow six worse and it’s a knock off of another game.
Also an extra year of content for AC Valhalla including additional DLC’s after Paris but no new details on what those will be. (Because it’s easier to milk existing games and create new ones #PandemicLazyness/cheapness )

It would’ve almost been better to just not have an event because we didn’t really learn much New and the speculation was better than what we were given.

square’s was a joke, half the show was literally showed off guardians of the galaxy which was basically an apology letter for making the avengers an online game, it’s like “look we took the basic mechanics of this game and made it into the single player game you guys all thought you were getting the last time.”
Then they showed off some unremarkable RPG‘s the whole list of which isn’t going to be released until 2023.

Here’s hoping Nintendo on the 15th can be mediocre at least. 🤞

Then there’s EA… The killer of studios and The closest thing to a sweatshop the gaming industry has,
“we’re too lazy to put together an E3 presentation on time so will have to wait till July 22”
like a month from when they would normally have their event.

here’s hoping that they can put something competent out based on their last few titles i’m not too hopeful… I can go into that more but I’m already ranting.

In retrospect after talking it out, despite hating the halo presentation I got to admit it I have a better opinion of it now in comparison.

Reactions: Lightstreak2553
dprdypr said:
I think they did halo dirty because people knew what the multiplayer would be like I too wish they showed single player, and I’m not even the biggest halo fan.
I'm in between. While there seems to be a lot of improvement from their gameplay demonstration last year, I'm like you guys; I just felt uneasy. Some things look cool, like the grappling hook. Yet a lot of the designs (colors, special effects) still looked too different from old Halo, which I accept is just a factor of change. My biggest fear is that all the hype people are getting will just boil over into yet another disappointment (they almost released Infinite last year with what looked like Megablox graphics, i.e. Craig) since the trend of the last decade is to oversell, underdeliver, then spend the next year or so fixing the mistakes.
dprdypr said:
In retrospect after talking it out, despite hating the halo presentation I got to admit it I have a better opinion of it now in comparison.
I had the same turnaround. I watched it a second time after the initial stream, and I have to say it doesn't look as bad as I felt initially. I think for me, like I said above, I'm so used to seeing games come out as near disasters (especially since Halo 5 became a thing) that I'm far more prone to look at the whole thing in a negative light since it's been presented that way among Halo fans for so long. That makes it hard for me to get excited over what does look like a newer Halo game that is still very different from the original franchise, at least in terms of graphics, but at the same time a lot of it looks and feels a lot better if I put my reservations aside and look at it for what it is. I think Infinite has a lot of potential, but only if 343 delivers what they promised. I'm going to avoid getting too overjoyed just in case, but I think they've made some solid improvements from what I've seen. My biggest hope is that somebody put in a Craig easter egg somewhere in the campaign after their E3 presentation last year.

Back