How do you get rid of odour with fecal incontinence

Kodname87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I wanna go places and not smell like poo.

Controlling the odor before it exits your system is one thing that helps. I take probiotics which combined with the high fiber, low sugar diet seems to help. Others have said Nullo tablets taken daily help reduce odors and well fitting plastic pants can help to contain odors for quite a while.

Reactions: DiaperDiva
Then change your diaper, silly! :p

Just kidding. I'll echo Zeke's comment: pay attention to your diet, and see if taking chlorophyll/copper tablets (Nullo is one brand) works for you. I have tried a few brands and I have a poor reaction to it. They can cause cramping and diarrhea, and that's exactly what happened!

(the other side effect is a bit gross! It turns your poop dark green!)

Ooh, haven’t tried
SoakedSheets said:
chlorophyll/copper tablets
before. Might do so soon.

Long story short (at least from what I know) is just limit yourself on processed and fermented food, as well as foods that rot fast or generally smell

I use Nullo to reduce the odor. Been using them for 5 years and thank god I haven't had any reactions. Except the color. And I keep the poop IN my diaper. Also, I do eat pretty healthy food.

DiaperDiva said:
chlorophyll/copper tablets (Nullo is one brand)

(the other side effect is a bit gross! It turns your poop dark green!)
I've been using these for years. It did get a little bit used to (the color). And I never really worried about that. No one ever get's to see it. The odor isn't stinky. Maybe some pungency but I usually wear plastic pants anyway. Between chlorophyll and plastic pants, I never have to worry about a dirty diaper.

For me chlorophyll/copper tablets has been the game changer, who cares what colour your poo is! I also fine plastic backed nappies or plastic paints help.

Back