Pet Peeves Thread

People who interrupt during presentations, or who interrupt a conversation with something totally random. While I understand social cues can be hard for some people (I have Autism), it still feels like us "grown ups" (18+ years old) ought to know better.

Reactions: Zeke, AmonQ, PamperedMarsupial and 1 other person
People who chew with their mouth open >_<;

Reactions: chrischrischris, FridgeMagnetFish, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
PamperedMarsupial said:
People who chew with their mouth open >_<;

Ohhhh yes that gets me too... including those who talk with a mouth full.

Reactions: chrischrischris, PamperedMarsupial and BobbiSueEllen
Two of my biggest pet peeves are driving slow in the fast lane and not using your turn signal in a roundabout. Both make my blood boil.

Reactions: chrischrischris, PamperedMarsupial and BobbiSueEllen
IDDiaperboy said:
Two of my biggest pet peeves are driving slow in the fast lane and not using your turn signal in a roundabout. Both make my blood boil.
Canada has weird laws regarding turn signals in roundabouts...I was riding with another and I was astounded. The way they want it done there, a person could get in a wreck turning, looking out and jockeying a turn-signal. No way.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977 and PamperedMarsupial
BobbiSueEllen said:
Canada has weird laws regarding turn signals in roundabouts...I was riding with another and I was astounded. The way they want it done there, a person could get in a wreck turning, looking out and jockeying a turn-signal. No way.
My parents said that the fine in my hometown for using your turn signal to exit a roundabout was gonna jump to $500. That’s hard to believe though.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Not enough time in the world to list mine.

Reactions: chrischrischris, PamperedMarsupial and BabyHailey1977
KittyMerriweather said:
Not enough time in the world to list mine.
I can understand that. How about when the stall is occupied and you have to go? That happened today.

Reactions: chrischrischris and BobbiSueEllen
IDDiaperboy said:
I can understand that. How about when the stall is occupied and you have to go? That happened today.
I use the men's room lol

Reactions: erinwinters, chrischrischris, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
KittyMerriweather said:
I use the men's room lol
Lol, I almost went into the ladies room!!

Reactions: chrischrischris and BobbiSueEllen
My coworker (back when I was in the office and not WFH) had the really annoying habit of taking her ceramic coffee cup and hitting a metal spoon on the edge of it when mixing her coffee at her desk.

She would also blow her nose and then take the tissue and shove it back in her pocket or in her shirt. 🤢

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks, erinwinters, chrischrischris and 1 other person
If I'm being 2020-centric, its when people wear a mask, but don't cover their nose.

(Might as well not even have it on.)

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, AmonQ, chrischrischris and 3 others
My biggest pet peeve when it comes to my daughter is when I ask her to do something and I get ignored. Tonight I asked her to pick up the bathroom of her towel and dirty clothes along with the empty body wash and shampoo bottles and she started to do something else so I cleaned it up myself just she didn’t like how I did it. I chuckled everything on her bed, at 17 I expected her to help around the house and not use her disability to her advantage she didn’t like having to clean her bed off tonight so I said I asked you nicely for two days to do it now I guess you’ll have to do it

Reactions: Paddy2020 and BobbiSueEllen
jasonm03 said:
My biggest pet peeve when it comes to my daughter is when I ask her to do something and I get ignored. Tonight I asked her to pick up the bathroom of her towel and dirty clothes along with the empty body wash and shampoo bottles and she started to do something else so I cleaned it up myself just she didn’t like how I did it. I chuckled everything on her bed, at 17 I expected her to help around the house and not use her disability to her advantage she didn’t like having to clean her bed off tonight so I said I asked you nicely for two days to do it now I guess you’ll have to do it
Oh you've trained her well. Why should she pick anything up, if she procrastinates long enough you will do it??

Reactions: Zeke and chrischrischris
Seasonedcitizen said:
Do you know what burns my ass?

A flame waist high.

(Joke, laugh at it )
Diaper rash burns my ass, that’s why I try to avoid it.

Last edited:
KittyMerriweather said:
Oh you've trained her well. Why should she pick anything up, if she procrastinates long enough you will do it??
This morning I didn’t wake her up or make her any breakfast I made her do it herself. She asked for French toast and I told her I don’t feel like it they taught you how to make oatmeal go make it yourself. I then took my sweet ass time getting changed and dressed left the house on time this morning at 0700. She asked me if I was mad at her I said no just disappointed and walked out the door

• Love
Reactions: KittyMerriweather
DanielW said:
If you wanted to use that as a teachable moment, it would have been more helpful if when she asked you if you were angry you said something like "I'm still frustrated about having to clean up after you yesterday" otherwise its just random and confusing passive-aggressive behavior.

(saying this as someone with autism)

When I ask someone what they are feeling its because I don't know - or don't know WHY. Eventually, I get enough frustration and just stop asking.
Thats good advice. Even people not living with Autism can't read minds. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Come right out and say .. it pisses me off that you live in this house yet don't contribute to it by doing chores. Put up a list, say this is what I want. Do this. Add a timeframe and add a consequence. Example: I want these dishes done every day, or I am not providing the wifi password, or paying for your cell phone, or driving you to the mall. (Which ever consequence would have the most impact).
The rest is up to them. They decide, their fate. Parent just follows through.

Reactions: Paddy2020 and BobbiSueEllen
We could be here all week.....
- rude people
- people who read numbers that should be read single as double digits.... like when you read a credit card and you read it forty-three fifty-four instead of four three five four.... the first way makes it really hard to turn what i hear into the keys to type in on the computer.
- people who pass you just to get stopped by the same traffic light
- inconsiderate people
- people who think they are better than somebody else just because they have money
- people who can’t put on proper clothes to leave the house..... PJ’s at walmart
- people who treat waitstaff like dirt and don’t tip
- people who demean others at their job... (i work in a customer service call center - we are human and doing a job as we are told to do it, don’t get mad that you don’t like the answer)

Reactions: KittyMerriweather, erinwinters, Paddy2020 and 2 others
People who pay with coins only.. Happened today, there was a huge line waiting on this person to finish paying <_<;

Last edited:
Back