Curious and need some answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckydaye

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi Yall!

I am not asking to judge or mock, only to know a little more about the community :)
Thanks!!!!!
  1. Do ABs support themselves financially or do they depend on their mommies and daddies?
  2. Do babies change their own diapers or do they rely on their mommies and daddies?
  3. Can ABs have more than one mommy/daddy at a time?
  4. Does dressing up and roleplaying end when people get married, have their own babies, etc?
  5. Are there other reasons for dressing up and acting like a baby other than their happiness?
  6. Is it hard to find people (friends, relationships, jobs, etc) that accept you?

Last edited:
I'm assuming you mean ABs for Adult Babies and all your questions kind of vary

Many of us do take care of ourself financially and physically, though we arent all Adult Babies (it's a range like LGBTQ).

Generally speaking if we enter into a relationship with someone as our Mommy/Daddy it is just like if they were your Girlfriend/Wife or Boyfriend/Husband or whatever and even if anyone sees more than one person specifically for that role it should go no further than just filling that role, and only if they have their true partners permission; otherwise at best its questionable and at worse could be considered cheating.

No the fun doesn't have to end when people get married, though they are usually more careful if they have kids around.

The reasons we like diapers are varied and diverse

And lastly yes it can be hard finding accepting people for many reasons

Reactions: luckydaye
Hello Luckydaye,

The answers to each of those questions will vary depending on who you ask. We ABs are a diverse bunch, no two answers will be the same. I however, will answer your questions from my own personal experience as someone who has been an AB since forever 😄

1. Yes, ABs support themselves financially. Being taken care of entirely, as in Mommy/Daddy paying for diapers and outfits and other accoutrements is not something I have ever heard of and it's an arrangement that simply wouldn't fly, no matter how accepting your partner was. I'm sure there have been AB/Caregiver couples who pooled their finances so that diapers and clothes were a joint purchase, but by and large, nearly all ABs buy their own diapers and accessories with their own hard-earned money :)

2. That depends on the AB and their Caregiver's preference. Some ABs only wet themselves, some, oddly enough, don't use their diapers at all, some, like myself, use their diapers as nature intended. ABs who don't have a caregiver change themselves, some ABs who have a Mommy or a Daddy may opt to change themselves as well. Some Caregivers will only change wet diapers, there are, however, rare instances where a truly special Mommy or Daddy will come along and change both wet and messy diapers. I have had experiences and been in relationships with Mommies of both types :)

3. I have heard of ABs who had a Mommy and a Daddy in the same relationship, I have even heard of ABs who had a wife/gf and who had a Mommy/Nanny on the side to care for this side of themselves, but I have never heard of an AB who had multiple Mommies and Daddies. I suppose it's possible, but that would be an awfully weird and unfair arrangement :unsure:

4. Not being married or having kids of my own, I wouldn't know. Based on what married members on the site who have kids have said, the fun stops when your children are young because the priority then is to take care of them. When the kids are older or have left the nest, then the fun can start again. It's all about priorities. I'm sure some members who are married with children can answer this question better 😅

5. Sure, there are reasons other than personal happiness. Some do it for a number of reasons all at once. Some view it as stress relief, for some it's a part of who they are, a form of self-expression, for others it is strictly a kink. There are even some who embraced this out of necessity due to incontinence. For me personally, it's a part of who I am and a wonderful stress relief and pastime :giggle:

6. Generally yes as this is something that not everyone can and will understand. From my experience though, if you know people well enough, they will accept this. I have some very good friends who know and are understanding and I have also had 2 girlfriends who all accepted to a certain extent. One of these former girlfriends was accepting enough to be my Mommy, my current girlfriend is my Mommy as well, I even had a Mommy friend who cared for me at one point :D It should also go without saying, but you can find acceptance and understanding from others in the community as well ;)

Last edited:
BabyTyrant said:
I'm assuming you mean ABs for Adult Babies and all your questions kind of vary

Many of us do take care of ourself financially and physically, though we arent all Adult Babies (it's a range like LGBTQ).

Generally speaking if we enter into a relationship with someone as our Mommy/Daddy it is just like if they were your Girlfriend/Wife or Boyfriend/Husband or whatever and even if anyone sees more than one person specifically for that role it should go no further than just filling that role, and only if they have their true partners permission; otherwise at best its questionable and at worse could be considered cheating.

No the fun doesn't have to end when people get married, though they are usually more careful if they have kids around.

The reasons we like diapers are varied and diverse

And lastly yes it can be hard finding accepting people for many reasons
thank you for your response! :)

Poofybutt said:
Hello Luckydaye,

The answers to each of those questions will vary depending on who you ask. We ABs are a diverse bunch, no two answers will be the same. I however, will answer your questions from my own personal experience as someone who has been an AB since forever 😄

1. Yes, ABs support themselves financially. Being taken care of entirely, as in Mommy/Daddy paying for diapers and outfits and other accoutrements is not something I have ever heard of and it's an arrangement that simply wouldn't fly, no matter how accepting your partner was. I'm sure there have been AB/Caregiver couples who pooled their finances so that diapers and clothes were a joint purchase, but by and large, nearly all ABs buy their own diapers and accessories with their own hard-earned money :)

2. That depends on the AB and their Caregiver's preference. Some ABs only wet themselves, some, oddly enough, don't use their diapers at all, some, like myself, use their diapers as nature intended. ABs who don't have a caregiver change themselves, some ABs who have a Mommy or a Daddy may opt to change themselves as well. Some Caregivers will only change wet diapers, there are, however, rare instances where a truly special Mommy or Daddy will come along and change both wet and messy diapers. I have had experiences and been in relationships with Mommies of both types :)

3. I have heard of ABs who had a Mommy and a Daddy in the same relationship, I have even heard of ABs who had a wife/gf and who had a Mommy/Nanny on the side to care for this side of themselves, but I have never heard of an AB who had multiple Mommies and Daddies. I suppose it's possible, but that would be an awfully weird and unfair arrangement :unsure:

4. Not being married or having kids of my own, I wouldn't know. Based on what married members on the site who have kids have said, the fun stops when your children are young because the priority then is to take care of them. When the kids are older or have left the nest, then the fun can start again. It's all about priorities. I'm sure some members who are married with children can answer this question better 😅

5. Sure, there are reasons other than personal happiness. Some do it for a number of reasons all at once. Some view it as stress relief, for some it's a part of who they are, a form of self-expression, for others it is strictly a kink. There are even some who embraced this out of necessity due to incontinence. For me personally, it's a part of who I am and a wonderful stress relief and pastime :giggle:

6. Generally yes as this is something that not everyone can and will understand. From my experience though, if you know people well enough, they will accept this. I have some very good friends who know and are understanding and I have also had 2 girlfriends who all accepted to a certain extent. One of these former girlfriends was accepting enough to be my Mommy, my current girlfriend is my Mommy as well, I even had a Mommy friend who cared for me at one point :D It should also go without saying, but you can find acceptance and understanding from others in the community as well ;)
Thank you so much for your honest responses! They were very helpful and allowed me to understand a little bit better! I do have so more questions, if you're comfortable to answer. If not no problem, enjoy your night! :)

Hey there! I'd be happy to tell you everything I know. Baby Tyrant already said a lot of the same things I will.

One misconception that you might have is the whole mommy/daddy thing. Most, if not all of us either have or WANT a caregiver. Unfortunately there seem to be more Adult Babies (AB) than mommies and daddies.

An other one is that we usually hide our AB identity from other people. I would be too scared walk down the street with a paci in my mouth.

1. I think most ABs support themselves financially and even spend a lot of their lives as normal adults with normal friends and hobbies, even if they're might be wearing a diaper for all of it.

2. Most ABs would like their caregivers to change them but they might not always have access to their caregiver. I also know that some caregivers weren't part of the ABDL community until they fell in love with an AB, so certain tasks can make them uncomfortable.

3. Yes, Mommys and Daddys sometimes take care of multiple littles

4. No, but the kids aren't supposed to be aware that their parents practice it

5. Happiness Is a pretty vauge reason to like something. But Diapers and Baby things make most ABDLs happy. For me It's a very romantic fetish.

6. My friends tease me In ways that make me fell special and funny but also angry judged. They accept that I do ABDL stuff in private, eat dino tendies and drink out of a sippy cup, but wouldn't be very comfertable with diapers and onsies.

I've never been in a true relationship, but I would try to date an ABDL or caregiver. This causes problems because I have a very small dating pool.

No one at works know I'm an ABDL

I personally want a daddy and would love it if I could act like a baby whenever I wanted.

SicartheaSpikefan said:
Hey there! I'd be happy to tell you everything I know. Baby Tyrant already said a lot of the same things I will.

One misconception that you might have is the whole mommy/daddy thing. Most, if not all of us either have or WANT a caregiver. Unfortunately there seem to be more Adult Babies (AB) than mommies and daddies.

An other one is that we usually hide our AB identity from other people. I would be too scared walk down the street with a paci in my mouth.

1. I think most ABs support themselves financially and even spend a lot of their lives as normal adults with normal friends and hobbies, even if they're might be wearing a diaper for all of it.

2. Most ABs would like their caregivers to change them but they might not always have access to their caregiver. I also know that some caregivers weren't part of the ABDL community until they fell in love with an AB, so certain tasks can make them uncomfortable.

3. Yes, Mommys and Daddys sometimes take care of multiple littles

4. No, but the kids aren't supposed to be aware that their parents practice it

5. Happiness Is a pretty vauge reason to like something. But Diapers and Baby things make most ABDLs happy. For me It's a very romantic fetish.

6. My friends tease me In ways that make me fell special and funny but also angry judged. They accept that I do ABDL stuff in private, eat dino tendies and drink out of a sippy cup, but wouldn't be very comfertable with diapers and onsies.

I've never been in a true relationship, but I would try to date an ABDL or caregiver. This causes problems because I have a very small dating pool.

No one at works know I'm an ABDL

I personally want a daddy and would love it if I could act like a baby whenever I wanted.
Thank you for your honest responses!! I still have other questions, if you'd be willing to answer. If not no problem, enjoy your night! :)

SicartheaSpikefan said:

[snipped]
Good point! I think it would be fair to say that most ABs would like a caregiver of some kind but any time you say all/none, you're on very thin ice. DLs might like someone to share it with but I think it takes on a more diverse range in that case.

To the OP: I think the responses to your numbered questions are pretty solid. I would just say in general, that despite a weird expression of it, we're just people and we want the same things ultimately as everyone else. We just have a different way of ideally getting/expressing love and affection. Typically, we're not limited to that but it's often the most fun and natural feeling.

Last edited:
Trevor said:
Good point! I think it would be fair to say that most ABs would like a caregiver of some kind but any time you say all/none, you're on very thin ice. DLs might like someone to share it with but I think it takes on a more diverse range in that case.

Thank you, and thank you for mentioning DLs.

To the OP: there's some terminology I'd like to teach you

AB: Adult Baby, people who are interested in roleplaying small children, typically under 5.

Mommy/Daddy/Caregiver: People Interested in taking care of ABs

DL: People who enjoy wearing diapers

Littles: Essentially ABs but tend roleplay as elementary and middle school aged kids more often then preschool aged.

I could answer more of your questions, I'd figure that the other users could too.

Last edited:
Trevor said:

To the OP: I think the responses to your numbered questions are pretty solid. I would just say in general, that despite a weird expression of it, we're just people and we want the same things ultimately as everyone else. We just have a different way of ideally getting/expressing love and affection. Typically, we're not limited to that but it's often the most fun and natural feeling.
SicartheaSpikefan said:
Thank you, and thank you for mentioning DLs.

To the OP: there's some terminology I'd like to teach you

AB: Adult Baby, people who are interested in roleplaying small children, typically under 5.

Mommy/Daddy/Caregiver: People Interested in taking care of ABs

DL: People who enjoy wearing diapers

Littles: Essentially ABs but tend roleplay as elementary and middle school aged kids more often then preschool aged.

I could answer more of your questions, I'd figure that the other users could too.
thank you for the terminology. I am trying to write an authentic, honest paper on this community. I am looking for someone to share their story and answer questions. If that works for you, we could email. If not, no problem.

luckydaye said:
thank you for the terminology. I am trying to write an authentic, honest paper on this community. I am looking for someone to share their story and answer questions. If that works for you, we could email. If not, no problem.

I'll offer but I think my story might be a little boring, since I was always a little timid when It came to ABDL stuff. I'll PM you with my email adress.

(a fake one of course)

Last edited:
Yes I think most of us are in a way "Normal" Adults besides our interests in Diapers (and some of us much more than that like stuffed animals, bottles, pacifiers, Childish Cartoons/movies, etc; but again "ABDL" as we often call it is a wide range and all of us are different)

I lead a normal life (40+ hour job every week (sometimes more like 60 hours) I have bills to pay, etc) and am not diapered most of the time, but if I have adequate time to enjoy being diapered after work or on weekends I will, and sometimes I go out of town Diapered; but I'm very discreet because there is no need to involve an unwilling public in what we are doing and those that do give our whole community a bad image.

Most people that do know me probably know I am a gamer, they may know I like Anime and some TV series, and a few people know I collect cards (I got into collecting DragonBall Super Cards, partially because I have been an avid fan of the Anime through its various incarnations for a very long time) ; very few people in my real life know I wear diapers sometimes or why I do it

Simply put for me it's kind of like a good way to relieve stress and I find it very relaxing

these are important things because I have mental health problems (not relating directly to Diapers, it's just a good way to handle my stress without doing something that can make me feel worse; I could Drink or do Drugs and society would probably be more accepting of that than liking Diapers; but Diapers are a much healthier coping mechanism/way to relieve stress)

If I can find time to relax and de-stress I feel like much less of a mess, like I feel more balanced and healthy mentally.

And yes I agree that most of us probably do want a caregiver of some sort, but finding someone that is more than just accepting of it must be hard (I have never even tried dating, it seems like it can be tough at times) and even people willing to participate can have limits or will outright not do certain things (particularly the changing diapers, especially messy ones) and yes we have to go into relationships willing to make compromises because most relationships will fail if either person is too demanding and doesn't provide enough to compensate for their demands.

I know of at least one married person over on DD (another ABDL community forum website) that still wears diapers despite being married and having kids; but it goes back to responsibility and trying to raise kids normal (it probably wouldn't go over well if someone was in full baby mode and their kids saw that; so ABDL parents either wait until the kids are grown and moved out or just find the time and means to do it when the kids arent around).

And about whether or not people accept my ABDL side, the few people in my life that know dont care, except for my Mom (actual Mom) but I think even she has started being a lot less harsh on me about it than she used to be (it was never as bad as it could have been, I know of some people that get kicked out of the house by their parents (after they are 18+) over it and need to find somewhere else to stay).

Just further insight on my opinions and a little about me as like many of us there is a lot more to me than being ABDL and in my case I dont spend a majority of my time Diapered (though some weekends I spend a lot of time diapered as my Weekends are spent relaxing and de-stressing)

Last edited:
2. When I was married with my "mommy" for almost nine years, we had an agreement of one diaper change a day. Where that was in the morning, before bed, after we've been out, after work, etc...
If she was up to do more, she would let she would let me know. Usually random diaper checks was a signal I was getting more changes.

luckydaye said:
Hi Yall!

I am not asking to judge or mock, only to know a little more about the community :)
Thanks!!!!!
  1. Do ABs support themselves financially or do they depend on their mommies and daddies?
  2. Do babies change their own diapers or do they rely on their mommies and daddies?
  4. Does dressing up and roleplaying end when people get married, have their own babies, etc?
  5. Are there other reasons for dressing up and acting like a baby other than their happiness?
  6. Is it hard to find people (friends, relationships, jobs, etc) that accept you?
Hi, to answer your questions:

1.) Varies from person to person. I personaally support myself financially by paying all of the utilities of the house, while my daddy pays the mortgage and food for the house, and certain supplies. He can afford to while I can not, unfortunately. I'm also in school, and he plans on taking on all of the utility bills of the house if and when I decide to do school fulltime. Just like any other relationship, this is a mutually agreed-upon agreement.

2.) Personally, I mostly rely on my daddy, but there are rare times where I will change myself. This varies from person to person. Most people don't actually have a caregiver, so they usually change themselves.

3.) Again, this varies from person to person - depends on the kind of relationship it is. That's what's unique about Caregiver / Little relationships. They can be platonic and/or romantic in any capacity. Polyamorous or monogomous. It can go on.

4.) In most cases of those that participate in this, it usually does at the very least slow down to an extent. It's not easy for most of us to simply give it up, but being more secretive, especially when having children in the household, is a common thing. I can't speak for married couples much though as I'm not personally married nor do I have any children.

5.) Could be very many reasons, but it mostly boils down to happiness and stress relief. To understand why we like this thing would require us to understand the human brain, and we hardly understand that, so there's no definitive answer for this.

6.) It can be for a lot of people. I was lucky enough personally to find many accepting people. I personally believe that if someone, such as a friend or family member, truly care about you and your happiness, then they'll be willing to accept some of the quirks about you. If they don't, then they weren't real friends to begin with. Family members can still find that it can irk them, but that's okay. Some applies to relationships of any kind.

Jobs are different in this case. They aren't required to accept you for this, and laws and policies at those jobs can vary. Most people don't normally tell their job about this sort of thing, so I'd say it's very hard to really answer this flat-out as to whether it's hard or not to accept you.

Hi luckydaye

well it look like the community as betten me to it. but this is me thoughts :unsure::p ok thinking is to much like Adulting.

yes the "A" stands for "Adult" I think it sould stand for being being absolutely Awesome at everything. but must of us have jobs and a hole grown up world around us.

Being a Little is not a free pass to be financiall depend on someone else.
It is journey of self discovery and it OK if you find that you are not AB Little not every one is.

Do babies change their own diapers or do they rely on their mommies and daddies?
Diaper changees are very persional some of us are in a relationship where we have built up trust for someone to change us. if done wright it can put us further in to little space.

Can ABs have more than one mommy/daddy at a time?
Yes it is about trust but in our community there are many diferent relationships,

Does dressing up and roleplaying end when people get married, have their own babies, etc?
It really depends on the relationship. I can not talk about ageplayers, but for me I am a AB Little not a age player. I am not playing at being "Little" it is how I am. so for me no it would stop as I would wont my child to also t be happy knowing who they are on the inside.

Are there other reasons for dressing up and acting like a baby other than their happiness?
being my self and accepting my self has made me happy. again I can not speack for age players.
I dont need to dress up and protend to be a baby. and I dont think doing this would make me happy.
but accepting your self and self frogivness, does make you happy. "This is ME"

Is it hard to find people (friends, relationships, jobs, etc) that accept you?
friends, relationships no becouse when you know who you are others seem to excepet it as well.
Jobs, being Little has help me set up and run my own bussess. after being outed at work a then lousing my job through it. so for me it 50/50.

well I hope that is of some help to you.

why are you asking?

hugs

Siysiy

I've supported myself financially for nearly 40 years. I don't depend on anyone else to bring home a paycheck so I can stay home and be babied.
When I'm alone, I do change myself.
I currently have two nannies ... one is on the verge of moving away and the other is replacing her. I pay them both a per-hour rate.
I've been married for many years to a non-compliant spouse. My roleplaying and 'dressing up' occurs when she is not at home.
My prime motivation for my AB activity is my inability to relax. Being a baby for a few hours helps me maintain an equilibrium.
I'm very selective about the people I tell. I've had a series of babysitters over the past 25+ years, so I've obviously found people who accept me.

Everyone is different and has different answers to these questions so I'll add my own:

1: even though I'm ABDL, I'm still fiercely independent and don't like asking for things from others so I support myself. I'm a full time student and part time worker living with family at the moment to keep costs low.

2: I've always changed my own diapers; too shy. A past caregiver and my current partner have offered to change me but I've declined so far. Maybe one day when I get more comfortable.

3: sure if they're into that! Much like polygamy some people want multiple mommies and daddies. Me however, polygamy isn't really my thing, so I'd be over the moon for just one mommy or daddy.

4: I'm not married nor have children but from what I've heard from others is mixed. Typically it just becomes a more private affair though.

5: it gives me comfort and security as well as happiness.

6: depends on your needs but frankly no job ever has to know what I do in private and I intend to keep it that way for the rest of my life. I don't search for AB friendly jobs in particular either. Friends don't really have to know either but some of my great friends do who I met on FetLife. Relationships I like to live by the rule "if they matter, they don't mind, and if they mind, they don't matter." Relationships are the only thing I'd find it essential that my partner knows this side of me. They don't have to participate or even be into it, but I don't like to keep secrets and would want them to know who I really am if there's anything long term to come out of the relationship

luckydaye said:
Hi Yall!

Thanks!!!!!
1 most ab live normal lives with a job and play baby when on the mood

2. Most change and cloth themselves. But wish someone changed them on a regular basis

3 yes. Most don't have one at all

4 no. But it moves out of sight. Real children should never be involved

5 yes. We will just say adult baby's do very adult things in their diapers which leads to more then just pee in their diapers

6 YES.

1. Do ABs support themselves financially or do they depend on their mommies and daddies? (I support myself but wish I had a mommy or daddy to do it haha)
  2. Do babies change their own diapers or do they rely on their mommies and daddies? (depends on the little, I don't have a mommy or daddy yet so I have to change myself)
  3. Can ABs have more than one mommy/daddy at a time? (I guess it depends on the little, personally I would only want one mommy or daddy, unless they are a couple)
  4. Does dressing up and roleplaying end when people get married, have their own babies, etc? (I have talked to a few littles that are married and have kids, so not always)
  5. Are there other reasons for dressing up and acting like a baby other than their happiness? (for some it can be sexual, for me it's a deep seated need to be a kid and like a kid again, an escape from adult life back to pure innocence free of any worries)
  6. Is it hard to find people (friends, relationships, jobs, etc) that accept you? (I would never bring my little side up to anyone other than my fiance, he supports me but doesen't get involved in my little side)
Hope that helps a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back