Yay more negative publicity!

I12BLittle89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little

The original article is through a paid news outlet. The Eagle tribune I think?

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: LiddieBear, TheWaddlingDad, LittleAnonymousHacker and 11 others
It doesn't matter what others think about us. We need to quit thinking that mainstream acceptance is something worth having. It's not. If people don't like it let em whine about it. They and their opinions are not relevant and should be ignored outright

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: Lilschoolfox, Binky151, rhodry04 and 41 others
The only thing worse than being talked about...

Really. It only takes a little penetration into the public consciousness for people to realise that they aren't interested. Being exotic does us no favours.

• Thinking
Reactions: KBoy, Binky151, Diaperboy27 and 8 others
I doubt the "cancel culture" mainstream will understand the benefits and/or negatives about something, especially like this, until they try it and/or need/want it themselves.

They would rather cancel or get rid of anything that they don't like rather than over look things that used to happen.

Reactions: KBoy, Diaperboy27, Kellycares and 7 others
Wow. I hope it’s a success.

Reactions: Someoneonline, Jojo54, Diaperboy27 and 3 others
I doubt ABDL will ever be mainstream or even really accepted in society. I suppose that's fine, since this is so far from the norms of society.

...if it ever is normalized, I will finally be able to say I was doing something "before it was cool."

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Binky151, Someoneonline, Prillprillprill and 13 others
Sadly, it will take brave entrepreneurs to take their public lumps for all of this to slowly become more acceptable. Eventually it will come out of the shadows and there will be more acceptance. We just can’t afford setbacks like that Starbucks barista a-hole from last year.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diaperboy27, Freddie07601, mistykitty and 5 others
It's a weird "gig" to want to wear a diaper, so I highly agree with the above comments. I know so many groups are getting acceptance, but it will take a hella-long time before people consider a diaper a tool to use outside of needing to, as well as to play around in for kicks.

The tool part: I was encouraged to read and watch some on that YouTube thing that some people prefer to put a diaper on for concerts. It's perfectly logical, safe, clean, and entirely smart regarding using filthy porta-lets that stink and are full of filth. Kudos for them all. I hope they use high-quality diapers, though, then store bought for logical considerations in a long concert. :giggle:Also, really helpful when it's freezing-cold outside and you're in a tent camping 10,000 feet up somewhere, like I did.

But for daily play, I doubt people would be forgiving. People are afraid of everything now. Don't say this, don't say that. Say this for .....bla-bla bla.

Some day, perhaps.:unsure:

Reactions: KBoy, Binky151, Diaperboy27 and 5 others
I12BLittle89 said:

The original article is through a paid news outlet. The Eagle tribune I think?
I've heard about it and definitely want to take a look. Honestly it's not far from me. In addition to incontinence, I wear because of trauma. Once things cool down, I'll give it a shot.

• Thinking
Reactions: Samantha4637, Prillprillprill, Diaperboy27 and 9 others
Once again it's the typical Karens and Kens who make snap judgements without doing any research as to who we are and whether we're "save for society".....haha. These are the same people who rule social media with their opinions.

• Sad
Reactions: pd8615, durgan87, Someoneonline and 17 others
Let the Muggles fear. I love free rent in the heads of millions.

Reactions: Lilschoolfox, Samantha4637, Someoneonline and 15 others
NECottageNerd said:
I've heard about it and definitely want to take a look. Honestly it's not far from me. In addition to incontinence, I wear because of trauma. Once things cool down, I'll give it a shot.
I’m curious about it. I like that it’s strictly nonsexual. Even though I am sexually stimulated by wearing diapers. I’m exploring more of it lately for dealing with trauma. I’m exploring more of it with an open mind and less of with shame. It seems to be helping calm me down.

I think I would have a hard time with this. I would need to know and trust the person/people. I think that would get in the way. The closest I ever got to anything like this was when I started talking to an old friend from high school 10 years after graduation while I was in Iraq. The conversation had started back up and by the time I got home. We had caught up enough that we weren’t strangers anymore. She let me come over and let me lay in her lap while she gently patted my chest like she would soothe a child. I didn’t intend for it. We were just hanging out but whatever she did made me pass out so deeply that 45 minutes felt like a week of the hardest sleep. I gained what felt like 5-10 years back into my life. Rest I desperately needed. She held me. I wore Goodnites a few times that she didn’t know about. Though she knew about my little side. We were both working on suppressing it at that time. But I trusted her and it was non sexual. There is truth to it working. If I had taken a step further and knew I could openly wear a real abdl diaper without shame or judgement. It might have been 10 times better if that was even possible. If nothing else to just provide relief from my stress.

Reactions: lulu22, Prillprillprill, Diaperboy27 and 8 others
we dont like what we dont understand.gif

Honestly, I don't understand why some people assume that adults who wear diapers must be paedophiles. To want to be like someone is very different than to want to be [sexually] with someone. It is so irrational, and illogical.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBoy, NECottageNerd, Prillprillprill and 11 others
Does anyone here remember before the '80s? When the general public considered gay & lesbian people as rapists or pedophiles? When gay & lesbian people were the first to get harassed by police whenever a child went missing? How people feared an accepting society getting "duped" by gay & lesbian people who'd 'turn' on trust and go after schoolkids? When being outed was a social death sentence? When everyone freely joked about gay & lesbian people...and the more vulgar/violent the joke was, the funnier it was? How 3- and 6-letter F-words, 4-letter D-words liberally peppered social talk?

I think just as bad is how a society seems to turn about-face...and yet welcomes major-homophobe Eminem with open arms with contracts, appearances, concerts and pop-culture imagery. Hypocrisy, to be honest.

And just when we thought the swords had been beaten back into plowshares, the torches had been long extinguished, the brows lifted...it repeats itself all over because there's a new unknown outside of town. And we all know everyone loves a lynch-mob. It doesn't cost anyone anything...just someone else's blood. And why stop there? They're as numerous as the buffalo once were.

I said it once, I say it again. The human race as we know it, no matter which era it's in, will not learn a goddamned thing. And never will.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, rhodry04, Rusher and 17 others
I live in Derry, New Hampshire in the southern part of of the state.
I am conflicted regarding this.
My own Primary Care Physician knows about Adult Babies.
She said I am not the only one in the Derry Area.

• Thinking
Reactions: Raylynn, KBoy, floppyfoppsie and 7 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
Does anyone here remember before the '80s? When the general public considered gay & lesbian people as rapists or pedophiles? When gay & lesbian people were the first to get harassed by police whenever a child went missing? How people feared an accepting society getting "duped" by gay & lesbian people who'd 'turn' on trust and go after schoolkids? When being outed was a social death sentence? When everyone freely joked about gay & lesbian people...and the more vulgar/violent the joke was, the funnier it was? How 3- and 6-letter F-words, 4-letter D-words liberally peppered social talk?

I think just as bad is how a society seems to turn about-face...and yet welcomes major-homophobe Eminem with open arms with contracts, appearances, concerts and pop-culture imagery. Hypocrisy, to be honest.

And just when we thought the swords had been beaten back into plowshares, the torches had been long extinguished, the brows lifted...it repeats itself all over because there's a new unknown outside of town. And we all know everyone loves a lynch-mob. It doesn't cost anyone anything...just someone else's blood. And why stop there? They're as numerous as the buffalo once were.

I said it once, I say it again. The human race as we know it, no matter which era it's in, will not learn a goddamned thing. And never will.
I agree with you.

Reactions: KBoy, floppyfoppsie, Angelapinks and 4 others
BobbiSueEllen said:

I still know people who think like this.

(coughs) my own parents to an extent... (coughs)

• Sad
Reactions: KBoy, floppyfoppsie, AJFan2020 and 5 others
am1248 said:
I still know people who think like this.

(coughs) my own parents to an extent... (coughs)
We all do. Remember Dirty Dancing, what Robbie said? So it is with most Muggles today: "Some people count; some don't". Most of us, it's the people we're supposed to trust the most: our families.

Reactions: KBoy, floppyfoppsie, AJFan2020 and 3 others
Well, the written article seems kinda balanced compared to the video, however, I do find the focus on diapers to be a bit unfortunate, even if it's relevant to the situation. It just seems a little too much like a poor depiction that dwells on deviancy rather than the bigger picture of regression, and instead it's always "'thing' involves adults wearing diapers."

A lot of negativity comes, ironically, from a place of immaturity, and it's hard to hear people using children to talk against it as if it's something their kids would never need or want someday. Honestly, I can only think of more people having things like stuffed animals, fun print clothes, diapers, or toys as a good thing, especially with acceptance involving other groups like those with autism or incontinence to avoid the conflicts that could come from using something they were told to grow out or not need anymore. I wish someone had sat me down as a kid and told me it was okay to have stuffed animals instead of throwing them out every two years until caving and getting more. And it seems messed up that diapers are treated as anything to be ashamed of at all in the first place, and it's a media practice I find shameful.

It's just a shame to me that the conversations that would need to happen probably won't. Personally speaking, I don't care quite as much about acceptance. I just want to do my thing and be left alone or without the fear of being suddenly unemployed, and I'm mainly concerned about the quiet hostility that gets used in situations like this. But, I'll cut myself off here. I do hope for better days eventually if it's possible. A lot of the people here have been put down enough, I do hope something more positive could come someday. This stuff helps people, it's fine.

• Love
Reactions: MaybeBroken, Rezzu, Freddie07601 and 4 others
As I have stated, I am conflicted about this development.
I would not go there, despite being an Autistic Adult Baby.

Reactions: KBoy, mightytoddler, dreamerover9000 and 3 others
Back