Why is wearing nappies considered to be socially unacceptable?

toddler

I love wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I don't care what society thinks about it. To me it is acceptble as I wear my cloth nappies and plastic pants.

I am not ashamed of telling people.

I have told my friends about myself wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants they have come to accept it.

If people in society can not accept adults wearing nappies that's their problem not our.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledreamers333, tbjay, ShippoFox and 8 others
ABedWetter said:
Well, first and foremost, diapers are seen as "baby stuff", which is a big nonsense. Diapers, like baby bottles, bibs, and bed rails, are extremely useful no matter how old you are.
I so agree. I don't nessisarily use it all the time but I'm always wearing now. I've gi issues that flair randomly and traffic etc. So they offer mental relaxation of worry of an uhoh. And i found this cool bottle on wish that acts like a straw. Best thing is it won't spill

Reactions: skylanderpamp, BlameBaby, warmfeeling and 1 other person
we are taught as toddlers that diapers are for babies only

Reactions: Toddler80, Zeke, Pino and 3 others
If someone sees that you're wearing a diaper then they will most likely assume that you use it in public and wetting yourself in public isn't socially acceptable. Most people don't know that sometimes people wear diapers without the intent to use them so even if wearing a diaper in public is socially acceptable it implies something that isn't socially acceptable.

Reactions: luminescent81, YakuiAndOzoi, Deleted member 63979 and 4 others
When you are being potty trained you are taught that using diapers is gross and/or for babies. So it's just conditioning. People probably wouldn't have as much of an issue of bathroom functions weren't involved.

Reactions: brooks and AJFan2020
Dragon64 said:
If someone sees that you're wearing a diaper then they will most likely assume that you use it in public and wetting yourself in public isn't socially acceptable. Most people don't know that sometimes people wear diapers without the intent to use them so even if wearing a diaper in public is socially acceptable it implies something that isn't socially acceptable.
This.

Reactions: Deleted member 63979, skylanderpamp and RoseofThorns
Dragon64 said:
how will they know you are wetting??? stick their hand down yur diaper????🤣
🤣🤣

Reactions: toddler
No you give a little squeeze to see if it is wet then you know 🤣🤣

foxkits said:
No you give a little squeeze to see if it is wet then you know 🤣🤣
on a complete stranger?? good way to get knocked on yur ass!!!😂
😂😂

Reactions: RoseofThorns
I don't really know why it is so socially frowned upon, but I do know that schools have a lot to do with this rejection.

I blame this on schools where they only admit children who have already learned, discrimination against children who still need a diaper is born.

Reactions: luminescent81, GatoChihuahua, toddler and 1 other person
If everyone was still in diapers it would be a disaster. So naturally we all want our kids to not have to need them. As well as simply as humans we can be trained to not need diapers. That is really it, there is no need to wear a diaper beyond the point at which you gain the ability to use a toilet.
Society tends to frown upon for frivolous waste like wearing a diaper if you don't need it. With good reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaseinfantlist35 and Happy2BeInNappies2
RoseofThorns said:
I so agree. I don't nessisarily use it all the time but I'm always wearing now. I've gi issues that flair randomly and traffic etc. So they offer mental relaxation of worry of an uhoh. And i found this cool bottle on wish that acts like a straw. Best thing is it won't spill
Uhhhh ooo😂 uhhh oooo😑🥺😂 I still tay this blissfully wike a baby with no embarrassment at all😂

Dragon64 said:
I feel like this is backwards, but I cold be wrong.

My thinking is that, if you are wearing them, most people will assume a medical issue and that you use them. Unlikely to care beyond feeling pity for your affliction. If they knew you wore them and didn't use them, just wore for fun or comfort, most individuals would, I'd wager, find that strange and taboo.

It’s not 😂 people are just bigots and like to try and pick on peoples insecurities to hide there own.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Big tots? Your making me hungry I need some tater tots 😩 I'm legitimately hungry again thank you 😂

Reactions: RoseofThorns
BlameBaby said:
Big tots? Your making me hungry I need some tater tots 😩 I'm legitimately hungry again thank you 😂

Bigots not bigtots you big tot 👶 🙈 😂

Reactions: BlameBaby
LittleMonsterUK said:
It’s not 😂 people are just bigots and like to try and pick on peoples insecurities to hide there own.
Definitely a lot of truth to this.

"I'm not weird, I'm normal. LOOK, that person is weird. Turn your attention and derision towards them, not me!"

No tater tots hehe 🤣

Back