Who here wears diapers 24/7? Tell us the pros and cons of 24/7 diaper-wearing!

I have been incontinent and dependant on nappies for the last 10 years. I don't find it a problem. Only time it can be uncomfortable is in the very hot weather.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuck, charliee and Jorelaxed
I Wear 24/7 because of Urinary IC and the cons sweating in the summertime heat and diaper rash a little A And D Oitment helps and does baby powder.

winterheart01 said:
The only 2 methods I found that work are either standing over the used diaper (if it's only wet) after you cleaned up and air out, whatever dribbles out will end up in the diaper or sit on the toilet between changes. Understandably this is a waste of time because you can do nothing, except watching stuff on your phone, and doing this longer than 30 minutes is very wasteful of time. So I do this in moderation.
However when #2 accidents occur, airing out on the toilet is probably a better idea.
I used to do this at work between changes, they didn't care about long pee breaks or whatever so I aired out on the toilet and that does help.
Honestly, I sit on those bed pad things to air out. Usually after the day is over right after a shower. Ymmv

(( What a marvelous topic ) Thanks yuo for the post !!

This Gal has been wearing for long time for heath reasons , here my Pro & Cons views .

* Pros *

Like the Cute Prints & Colors they have now
Putting on a nice fresh clean diaper back on
Them premium absorbing diapers are a blessing
Don't have to worry all that much about leaking now
Don't have to worry waiting inline at women's restrooms
I can be just as active in my daily routines as I was before
That wonderful feeling of it hugging around my waist
There much more comfortable and dependable then older ones that first came out

* Cons *

Getting a little too expensive now
Waiting to air out my diaper area
Waiting to change out of a soggy diaper
Being embarrassing when a wet leak shows up
Trying to decide what prints or colors to order
Taking caring of skin chafing & diaper rash areas
Looking for a place to change when or as needed
Planning ahead being gone more then just a couple days

Reactions: jessraven, hanbanan, Lyric and 2 others
Since I've been wearing 24/7 for 3 years, I could make some list:

PROS
  • Comfort - Of course, it depends on your personal attitude, the nature of your attraction to diapers. For me, from the beginning, it was more about comfort and being able to feel safe and carefree.
  • Convenience - I don't have to worry about long trips, lack of public toilets, events like shows and concerts, etc

CONS
  • Costs - diapers are, unfortunately, getting more and more expensive.
  • Space - you need to have some place in your home to store your diaper supply. I have a whole one closet dedicated to it.
  • Garbage - with 4-5 diapers per day, you produce quite a bit of heavy and smelly garbage. So you need a place for, preferably, a dedicated diaper garbage can, you need to throw them out more often and even then the smell can be noticeable.
  • Meeting people - quite a broad topic. When going out somewhere with friends, you need to take into account whether you will have a place to change a diaper if necessary. The bag will be your inseparable companion. I, for example, am also not ready, for unannounced visits to my house, because I keep a lot of diapers in view, because it's more convenient for me. When someone announces a visit, I need some time to prepare and hide everything.
  • Hygiene - I'm mainly concerned with the increased risk of flare-ups or skin diseases, you just have to be mindful of it.
  • Work - not in every job it will be possible. You always need the ability to go to the bathroom with a diaper to change and the ability to dispose of a used one. So far I haven't had a problem with this, but now I'm looking for a new job and I don't know what will happen.
  • Bladder issue - no, by just wearing diapers 24/7 you won't lose control. Admittedly, I've been struggling with OAB and urge incontinence for a while now, but it's not actually related. I can say, however, that to some degree I have had a decrease in bladder capacity, which is probably related to the fact that for the past 3 years I have been peeing at the slightest feeling of urge. Does this happen to anyone? I don't know, but it's worth keeping in mind. Before my incontinence problems started, I wouldn't feel confident without a diaper on at night.

Reactions: PaddedRita, Sgdlboy and Jonnythepony
diaperedboypete said:
Meeting people - quite a broad topic. When going out somewhere with friends, you need to take into account whether you will have a place to change a diaper if necessary. The bag will be your inseparable companion. I, for example, am also not ready, for unannounced visits to my house, because I keep a lot of diapers in view, because it's more convenient for me. When someone announces a visit, I need some time to prepare and hide everything.
Interesting. :think:
Yes IC in my case has just ALWAYS been there - but I don't recall that type of thinking like ever.
Closest really was in the lower grades of school, and not really concerned about people knowing - just the jokes, and worst the bullies (most even then might make a joke a few time, then it's too old - those bullies at the time just NEVER seemed to quit though.

Jim100 said:
Don’t worry about someone finding out about your diapers!!!😎
I Couldn't care less who knows I wear nappies.

Reactions: Jim100 and Lyric
Wetshisbed said:
I Couldn't care less who knows I wear nappies.
Same here. All my family and close friends know I wear diapers and rubber pants.

Reactions: diaperguy and Jim100
Pros: able to be who I truly am. Also having control over my future. I don’t have to miss important moments because I have to look for a bathroom. I just go. At home if a diaper rash does occur, I’ve found sitting in s training pad helps if you just void without prior knowledge it’s going to happen.

I've been wearing diapers 24/7 for about 5 years and what I've learned is that nobody really cares. Even the coworkers who I've had to tell (very close working proximity) didn't care.

Been wearing 24/7 for a very long time.
I find it interesting on how people worry about being noticed. I did initially until I realized if your discreet it does not matter.

I have never worried about that and have never been accidentally discovered. I do not want anyone knowing I have this issue.

I have diapers for night time and diapers for day time.
Day time are ones I know can hold several #1, mega max is awesome. Expensive but worth it considering the alternative.
What I look for in a good daytime diaper:
- no clumping, some diapers actual fall apart after a day of work.
- can handle multiple wettings
- does not appear too bulky
- easy to pull down and up without tapes tearing in case of a #2
- no crinkling noise
- tapes are strong
- Mega MAX the best
- Finding NRU8 also good but more bulky than I like for daytime

I do have #2 about once a week but I make sure I rush home to change, those come on with little to no warning.
I never worry about #1, because it is unnoticeable until the diaper swells in front really bad. I always wear loose fitting pants and shirt not tucked in. Works great. If I am working I wear a onesie so my diaper is not accidentally exposed.

If I am out and can get to a restroom, I look for one that is not community where you are the only one in there. I hate community restrooms. Too much of a chance of someone seeing my diaper. Would rather use my diaper than a community bathroom.... plus they always stink.

I have battled this problem all my life. It does hinder some things. But good planning helps. I do not let this affect my life. After 24/7 for most of my life it is just like putting on underware.

If I did not were a daytime diaper I would be stopping too many times to go to the bathroom and in most cases would not make it because of the lack of warning.

I grew up in a family that understood my issue and was never teased.

Reactions: SuperDuperMan85 and Jim100
I have been diapered 24/7 for a little over 11 years now due to Spinal compression.
Pros:
1. They have gave me back my freedom and dignity.
2. Have avoided using prescription drugs
that had very nasty side effects.
3. They are comfortable and have actually improved my wellbeing, I have been waay less irritable, moody and much more calm.
Cons:
1 The summertime here in Vegas.🥵🥵🥵
2. It can get expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCalSwitch, Jim100 and Jonnythepony
I forgot to add some cons:

- have to plan in advance if you are going to the lake/beach or a friends house to swim. I have to wear a diaper going and then slip it off without removing the tapes. I will typically put it inside the shorts I am wearing and wrap it in the rest of the clothes so no one sees it and then slip it back on when done swimming. I have to wear a diaper the pull ups available suck.

- gym. Typically a goodnight and pair of boxer/briefs pulled over them. I Do not change in the gym. I go home for that so I can get into a diaper

- cost. good disposables are expensive. So mainly use those for daytime wear. When at home it is goodnites and Threaded armor diaper over that to catch leaks. Nightime diaper is a dependco diaper with a linear, pampers overnites with plastic pants.

- logistics. if not close to home then have to figure where can change my diaper. Typically keep a spare and wipes with me. Hard to hide that when you need to change away from home. Very rare I have to do that.

- Camping. keep my used diapers in a trash bag inside my tent. Typically does not smell. no one noticies.

- messsy diaper. Need i say more. Pain in the butt to deal with

I don't like cloth backed disposables because they just don't hold up to a full days activity and clump.

I do not wear printed diapers because if something happens that I have to go to the hospital I do not want anyone seeing that, white or colored diaper is fine.

Doctors office do not bug me. My doctor understands. Hospital are the same thing.

Have an emergency duffle bag prepared in case you do end up in the hospital. That way a family member or friend can go and grab your duffle bag. Hospital diapers are awful and expensive.

I have worn diapers 24//7 have for years

Pros
You start to condition your brain to forget you need the potty and start to just go without thinking about it

You feel protected covered and a feeling of self care

With my Sensory disorder it feels like bliss

The embarrassing secret is fun

Cons

It’s costly

It has the risk of discovery

There is always the risk of a leak I do wear plastic pants with a backup pad but there is alway the risk of a humiliating leak

Reactions: puravidadip
Living with OAB, a pro is that I can always hydrate properly without having to constantly worry about a toilet. At the moment, I seldom have accidents, but my bladder tries really bad to convince me that I have to go right now even if it's a little spurt or just a bit more than that, but definitely not a full bladder as continent people know it. I remember the good days when I could drink some extra amount of water and enjoy a good from time to time... Sadly they're gone. Still being in diapers 24/7 is very pleasurable.

On the cons side, sometimes I still worry about other people noticing and possible leaks. I try to be careful but sometimes they happen, so I'll try to take care of them without letting them affect my mood to much.

KitsuneFox said:
For me:

Pros:
1: not having unintentional accidents in my pants and not waking up every morning in a wet bed
2: a wide verity of good quality print diapers to choose from

Cons:
1: I can not 'air out' for very long before my bladder leaks or voids
2: leg chafing is an issue when hiking for long distance - especially in summer when I sweat down there !
3: I was forced to quit my career in industrial construction / maintenance
4: I need to use a swim diaper due to the possibility of fecal accidents, which makes me very very hesitant to go swimming
5: can not use certain print diapers in public during warm weather incase someone sees the top sticking out of my pants
6: limited on the pants and shirts I can wear
7: possibility of leaking on furniture, meaning there are seat pads everywhere
8: having to hide everything whenever someone comes over to the house
9: the general public perception of incontinence as being 'shameful'
10: the general misassociation between ABDL and pedophilia
Why were you forced to quit I run heavy equipment and CDL in a plumbing environment kinda a concern as well

Rob110 said:
Pro’s,

Never have to worry about finding a bathroom when you need to pee

Cons
Cost (Diapers are expensive)
always having to carry or have a diaper bag close at hand
Traveling becomes challenging when you need to take a case of diapers with you.
no more swimming (This one really does not bother me)
They make swim diapers and water proof diaper covers as well I think

For me The past year has been harder, somehow I got less tolerant of plastic, chafing, and wearing with jeans even if they're loose fit and larger.
I keep ending up with chafed skin, either from the plastic diaper, cotton feel diaper or jeans when using a Cunningham clamp o.o
Heat rash seems to flare up more too.

70sPampers said:
I'm glad you think this thread is relevant to you @tobid03. I actually intended it to not only include thoughts from ABDLs who are CURRENTLY 24/7, but ultimately I would like to hear from those on this forum who WISH they were 24/7, or are planning to become 24/7 someday.

I am a DL who favors real vintage baby diapers for relaxation and for play. My diaper fetish is triggered only by a unique kind of vintage texturized plastic usually found in 70s era fanfold Pampers or generic and store branded diapers of similar style. I am also sexually turned on by vintage 1978 Kleenex Huggies and vintage Kimbies as well (since both featured the type of texturized plastics found on 70s era Pampers). I can even go so far as to accept early 90s era Huggies Ultratrim lightly textured plastics into my "picky fetish circle" when nothing else can be found.

Bottom Line: For me, if an adult diaper company made an adult diaper that had plastic with enough texture to it (as opposed to buttery smooth plastic), I would LOVE to become a 24/7 ABDL as well!
I’m 24/7/365 is Commitment plain and simple

There is the cost $3-4k a year in diapers alone

Then there is the social stigma and sometimes missing out on something’s

Diapers can make you lazy as they limit your range of movement and you will gain wait

People will find out

There are a few pros don’t get me wrong

You will habituate to them and it will become easier you will also go without thinking as a form of conditioning this took me a few years.

There will be no lows after the diaper is off but there will be no highs Either just diapers

Again it’s not for everyone and it takes Commitment

70sPampers said:
Hello all of my fellow beautiful babies who are in this great big "nursery" that we know as ADISC!

I don't personally wear diapers 24/7 but I have always had a fantasy about it. What is it like? What are the pros? What are the cons? Share your thoughts with the rest of the "rugrats" so we can know the ins and outs.

Being a "24/7 diaper baby" might be IC related for some, but it doesn't have to be for everybody, right?
I wear diapers 24 7 and their are no cons

Reactions: puravidadip and Lyric
Back