Who here wears diapers 24/7? Tell us the pros and cons of 24/7 diaper-wearing!

70sPampers

Diapers..? Nappies..? Sposies..? Pampers!!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all of my fellow beautiful babies who are in this great big "nursery" that we know as ADISC!

I don't personally wear diapers 24/7 but I have always had a fantasy about it. What is it like? What are the pros? What are the cons? Share your thoughts with the rest of the "rugrats" so we can know the ins and outs.

Being a "24/7 diaper baby" might be IC related for some, but it doesn't have to be for everybody, right?

Reactions: kerkes, pampers568, DLJosie and 3 others
I wear 24/7 for many, many, many years. My story of a lifetime of wetting and a fascination with diapers and plastic pants is here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/how-i-became-diapered-and-damp.156449/

Pros of 24/7:
  • Diapers stop my clothes and furniture getting wet!
  • I feel "secure" and "protected" ... any time I am not diapered I feel kinda exposed and vulnerable.
  • They feel great - padded, soft, crinkly...
  • I am constantly thrilled at having "my little secret" whenever I am working or socializing. Like attending meetings or giving lectures, there's always a little "buzz" along the lines of "if only they knew"!!
  • And, of course, I'm never caught out looking for a public toilet ...

Cons of 24/7:
  • Related to the "buzz" of having my little secret above, there is also a fear that being 24/7 means that there is always a chance that someone discovering that I wear ... a lot of people are not kind and understanding. So there is a constant need to make sure I am discrete.
  • On the rare occasion I get a rash, it is more difficult to get rid of when you are diapered 24/7.
  • It's an extra expense.

The biggest advantage (for me at any rate) is that wearing 24/7 has reinforced a very enjoyable and relaxing 24/7 mindset ... "I want and I need to be in diapers and I AM in diapers 24/7, that's who I am and I am happy with that". It's a 24/7 profound emotional comfort zone :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: diaperguy, LinkDL, Jk95 and 21 others
Well I always have been 24/7 - really about the worst part I can recall was in the lower grades of school - other kids just plain being mean about it (but not all, the few that were not became pretty close friends in a hurry!) I did have a 4th or 5th (unclear what one, too long ago) that fueled that a bit by every time I wanted to go to the nurses office making me say LOUD enough for all to hear exactly why (as though the most likely reason were not obvious already!):mad: But by about 7th-8th grade, no one seemed to care anymore - actually got pretty popular when it was realized (my idea) certain things you were not suppose to have could easily be slipped down the back of my diaper - and then, even if someone had their had right on it - NO WAY were they going to look to see what it was! :ROFLMAO:
I can also tell you I have NEVER missed the end of a movie, on any TV show due to needing a bathroom in a hurry! :cool:

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, diapers4life, richieboy and 8 others
I've only just started 24/7. Or at least 24/7 when I can which is most of the time now.

Pros, no need to go to the bathroom, you take it everywhere you go. For me the feeling of a diaper is "bliss" and wearing one all the time is forever bliss. Went on a 1050 mine trip yesterday and I had no need to find a bathroom in the middle of nowhere. If you like prints then there are lots of options for cute prints on your diapers to brighten your day.

Cons, if your 24/7 then #2 happens. Up to you if you decide to untape to use that bathroom but I usually have no issues using my diaper fully. Some time spent cleaning up for these. Another problem can be smell. Other people finding out you wear wearing is something to think about, and of course diapers are somewhat expensive.

It is something to manage if you don't have a care giver. If you develop your changing routine it should come pretty easily, I usually change after too much smell, or too soggy. Pooping qualifies as too much smell so I usually change at that point, usually twice daily. Keeping enough supplies on hand is essential too. 24/7 is not for everyone though.

Reactions: Jk95, Babyboyneedssomehaalp, diapers4life and 10 others
My definition of wearing 24/7 is different than most. I only do #1 and I keep my control intact. But with that in mind, I love wearing 24/7, the fact that I only need the potty for #2 means I don't need to sit on the porcelain throne very much... only about once or twice a day. Wearing 24/7 for a while helps a lot with getting comfortable with diapers and makes it easier to use them. The only thing to keep in mind is that someone might discover you wear diapers if you wear diapers all the time, but if you don't care what people think then it's probably worth a try. You can always change your mind later if you don't try to fully unpotty train yourself.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedMI, diaperguy, Babyboyneedssomehaalp and 14 others
For me the cons of 24/7 is indeed the fact it's more difficult to get rid of rashes, more specifically the ones called "heat rash".
It's a specific type that occurs on the inside of your legs that rubs against the diaper surface when walking, or sitting, so it's not from urine at all.
But this causes red blisters to appear and they itch. Don't scratch them, it'll make it worse.
Using daktarin powder (contains miconazole) can prevent lighter forms of it, but when it's hot or you walk a lot you either have to change frequently and use a lot of talcum powder or use a prescription based cortisone cream to get rid of it.

Regular diaper rash on the other hand (on the skin that does get in contact with urine or other bodily wastes) are not much of a problem when uing a good zinc oxide based rash cream.

The positive's are already abundantly described here so I don't need to go into that anymore :)

Reactions: pampers568, DLJosie, Diprs2 and 5 others
For me:

Pros:
1: not having unintentional accidents in my pants and not waking up every morning in a wet bed
2: a wide verity of good quality print diapers to choose from

Cons:
1: I can not 'air out' for very long before my bladder leaks or voids
2: leg chafing is an issue when hiking for long distance - especially in summer when I sweat down there !
3: I was forced to quit my career in industrial construction / maintenance
4: I need to use a swim diaper due to the possibility of fecal accidents, which makes me very very hesitant to go swimming
5: can not use certain print diapers in public during warm weather incase someone sees the top sticking out of my pants
6: limited on the pants and shirts I can wear
7: possibility of leaking on furniture, meaning there are seat pads everywhere
8: having to hide everything whenever someone comes over to the house
9: the general public perception of incontinence as being 'shameful'
10: the general misassociation between ABDL and pedophilia

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Theophilus, Jk95 and 10 others
KitsuneFox said:
I can not 'air out' for very long before my bladder leaks or voids
The only 2 methods I found that work are either standing over the used diaper (if it's only wet) after you cleaned up and air out, whatever dribbles out will end up in the diaper or sit on the toilet between changes. Understandably this is a waste of time because you can do nothing, except watching stuff on your phone, and doing this longer than 30 minutes is very wasteful of time. So I do this in moderation.
However when #2 accidents occur, airing out on the toilet is probably a better idea.
I used to do this at work between changes, they didn't care about long pee breaks or whatever so I aired out on the toilet and that does help.

Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, Diprs2 and Jim100
DiaperedAndDamp said:
I wear 24/7 for many, many, many years. My story of a lifetime of wetting and a fascination with diapers and plastic pants is here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/how-i-became-diapered-and-damp.156449/

Pros of 24/7:
  • I feel "secure" and "protected" ... any time I am not diapered I feel kinda exposed and vulnerable.
  • I am constantly thrilled at having "my little secret" whenever I am working or socializing. Like attending meetings or giving lectures, there's always a little "buzz" along the lines of "if only they knew"!!

Cons of 24/7:
  • Related to the "buzz" of having my little secret above, there is also a fear that being 24/7 means that there is always a chance that someone discovering that I wear ... a lot of people are not kind and understanding. So there is a constant need to make sure I am discrete.
  • On the rare occasion I get a rash, it is more difficult to get rid of when you are diapered 24/7.
  • It's an extra expense.

The biggest advantage (for me at any rate) is that wearing 24/7 has reinforced a very enjoyable and relaxing 24/7 mindset ... "I want and I need to be in diapers and I AM in diapers 24/7, that's who I am and I am happy with that". It's a 24/7 profound emotional comfort zone :)
Thanks @DiaperedAndDamp, this was a great start to this new thread! I look forward to reading the other post of yours that you linked in the first paragraph. Without having read the other post just yet, tell me the quick and skinny of your current setup: What type of 24/7 diapers do you wear? Cloth with plastic pants? Disposables? And if disposables, cloth-like, or plastic? Favorite brands?

LOVE your "24/7 profound emotional comfort zone" statement at the end. Here here!! Wearing diapers as an adult is quite profoundly and emotionally comforting isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: DLJosie and Diprs2
I wear diapers from time to time 24/7.

This of course has advantages, these would be for me:

- do not use public restrooms
- no cold butt
- To be able to pee or (poop - But not always! no one should be bothered by the smell) at any time
- feel comfortable and safe

As a disadvantage I find:

- Find an opportunity to change diapers
- Accidents are always possible
- Possible negative reactions if you get caught.
- always have diaper bag with you to change
- It's not negative, but it's part of it: take care of yourself more. Failure to do so may result in diaper rash or other skin irritation.

Reactions: diapers4life, Diprs2 and 70sPampers
I enjoy the warm feeling it brings.

Reactions: pampers568, texswim, Diprs2 and 2 others
70sPampers said:
Thanks @DiaperedAndDamp, this was a great start to this new thread! I look forward to reading the other post of yours that you linked in the first paragraph. Without having read the other post just yet, tell me the quick and skinny of your current setup: What type of 24/7 diapers do you wear? Cloth with plastic pants? Disposables? And if disposables, cloth-like, or plastic? Favorite brands?

LOVE your "24/7 profound emotional comfort zone" statement at the end. Here here!! Wearing diapers as an adult is quite profoundly and emotionally comforting isn't it?
Hi there! I pretty much always wear an arrangement like in the picture below (taken just now) ... I wear a plastic-backed disposable (many different brands, but must be plastic-backed!), padded cloth washable diaper-pants over the top (partly for extra absorbency in case of leaks, but that usually doesn't happen ... and mostly for extra bulk, which I love ;)), and Gary Euroflex plastic pants over that (for the protection, the feel, and for extra crinkle :)).

Attachments

• 1640139870597.jpg
    1640139870597.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: diaperguy, TenaBunny, CLPP and 8 others
Pro’s,

Never have to worry about finding a bathroom when you need to pee

Cons
Cost (Diapers are expensive)
always having to carry or have a diaper bag close at hand
Traveling becomes challenging when you need to take a case of diapers with you.
no more swimming (This one really does not bother me)

Reactions: DLJosie, Diprs2, Jim100 and 2 others
Chimera said:
The only thing to keep in mind is that someone might discover you wear diapers if you wear diapers all the time, but if you don't care what people think then it's probably worth a try.
Except for your doctor, nobody can really argue if you pass it off as a medical issue, particularly if you opt for more medical-looking diapers…

Reactions: PaddedMI, pampers568, DLJosie and 4 others
Well, for me, I'd have to agree with pretty much all of the above. Except the cost, I mean really, it's just a matter of priorities. I figure I'm spending less than $3k/yr., show me a golfer that spends that little, or a car guy, or almost anything else someone does for entertainment. Of course 24/7 raises the odds of unwanted discovery, however,I find as I age, my concern over discovery gets less and less.

Reactions: Kellycares, DLJosie, Diprs2 and 5 others
MickeyM said:
Up to you if you decide to untape
With the Incontrol Essential I’m using, I have just enough stretch in the top to be able to gently wiggle them down without untaping. This is what I do when I need a #2. Or if it’s more urgent, undo top tapes only and fold them down, as they will usually still re-stick afterwards (not generally the case for diapers without a landing zone).

Reactions: Diprs2
Additional pro: not having to crawl out of bed in the middle of the night to pee! As someone who often wakes up desperate midway through the night (sometime twice), being able to just roll onto my back and relax, and then roll back over with a nice warm bum once it all gets absorbed is just… *chef’s kiss*!

• Love
Reactions: pampers568, DLJosie, Kellycares and 8 others
This thread is really relevant to me. My heart wants to go 24/7, but my mind says no for many of the cons. It's such a battle. Since I don't have my own place, I don't feel like I have the freedom to be baby all the time, so this would help, but then all the cons...

Reactions: pampers568, DLJosie, Diprs2 and 2 others
tobid03 said:
This thread is really relevant to me. My heart wants to go 24/7, but my mind says no for many of the cons. It's such a battle. Since I don't have my own place, I don't feel like I have the freedom to be baby all the time, so this would help, but then all the cons...
I'm glad you think this thread is relevant to you @tobid03. I actually intended it to not only include thoughts from ABDLs who are CURRENTLY 24/7, but ultimately I would like to hear from those on this forum who WISH they were 24/7, or are planning to become 24/7 someday.

I am a DL who favors real vintage baby diapers for relaxation and for play. My diaper fetish is triggered only by a unique kind of vintage texturized plastic usually found in 70s era fanfold Pampers or generic and store branded diapers of similar style. I am also sexually turned on by vintage 1978 Kleenex Huggies and vintage Kimbies as well (since both featured the type of texturized plastics found on 70s era Pampers). I can even go so far as to accept early 90s era Huggies Ultratrim lightly textured plastics into my "picky fetish circle" when nothing else can be found.

Bottom Line: For me, if an adult diaper company made an adult diaper that had plastic with enough texture to it (as opposed to buttery smooth plastic), I would LOVE to become a 24/7 ABDL as well!

Reactions: pampers568, DLJosie, Diprs2 and 1 other person
DiaperedAndDamp said:

Pros of 24/7:

Cons of 24/7:
  • It's an extra expense.

Don’t worry about someone finding out about your diapers!!!😎

Reactions: pampers568, DLJosie, Jorelaxed and 2 others
Back