When an accident begins

KrankyPants said:
I am not incontinent, but I wet the bed. I occasionally wake up as I am wetting myself and when that happens I try to stop it if it is rushing out. I don't remember I have a diaper on when I initially wake up, so once I actually wake up and realize, I go to the bathroom if I didn't finish in my diaper. There have been a few times where I resumed wetting my diaper, and that is only because it was almost time to wake up and I almost finished anyway.
Same i have T1D and i wet the bed too but if i wake up mid pee i will finish in my diaper bc im not the person who's able to go back to bed after getting up so id rather get sleep than worry about getting up to finish unless i feel a leak happening thats really the only time ill get up

Reactions: Diprs2
I used to have a slight sensation in my urethra when my body decided to void. Now I dribble constantly and it doesn't really feel like anything at all. With messing, the stronger I feel the urge the more likely I am to have an accident. When I mess into the toilet it's almost always in the morning right after waking up, and I have to "try" to go.

Reactions: Diprs2 and TheGrimmRetails
That very much depends on how my bladder is behaving. Sometimes I can make it, other times not depending on how strong the urge to pee is, when I get very strong urge to pee, usually it’s too late. Can be when I have been sitting down for a long time. in these situations I’m glad to have a diaper on. Not that the volume exiting feels overwhelmingly large.
but this is the very reason despite being diapered, that I do timed voidings.
I found sitting on the toilet is better than standing up. as the pelvic can relax much more, and what ever is in my bladder usually empties out.

Reactions: Diprs2 and inconsurferdude
Most of my accidents have urges, but sometimes the urges are so subtle that I don’t really know I’m about to pee, and then I have an accident. I will just hope I have a thick enough pad or diaper if I pee. If I poop I pray that I’m in a diaper and not somewhere too public. At home I am comfie with just letting the accident happen and changing isn’t as urgent at home. In public I try to get home as soon as possible. Messy accident in public I’m trying to hide and panic to get out of wherever I am quickly!
jess

Reactions: Diprs2 and inconsurferdude
Whilst most of the time my bladder urges get very insistant to the point I either submit and let go or my bladder takes over and lets go for me.
There are a few times when my bladder urges fade away and then I know I am in trouble, once the bladder urge has gone no matter what I do I cannot make myself pee and after 10 to 20 minutes I will have a serious BM that even sitting down will not stop.
Fortunately this only happens about 10 times a year so far and I always feel the greatest respect for those of you who are double ic and have to deal with this on a daily basis.
Not only do I have the BM but after that the bladder lets go with what to me is a huge volume that I really am not used to, one one occassion leading to a serious Nappy failure requiring my car seat to need a serious clean.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BabyGirlMara
When I first became IC I would pause whatever I was doing when I would begin to void either my bladder or bowels. A bit over 6 years later I barely change what I’m doing when it occurs and have had some interesting experiences going in positions that I probably haven’t since I was an infant. Also while doing many activities that I have never experienced combined with these bodily functions. Fortunately my plastic pants have managed to contain anything that my diapers haven’t managed to.

I wear thick BetterDry diapers. I would let it go and finish the wet or mess in the diaper where I was at and not rush to the bathroom.

Well I had an accident today so I’ll share my story. I was in my back yard just kinda chilling, when I felt a huge urge to poop. I started making my way back towards my house (I did not want to mess at the time), but after only about 4 steps I started losing control and started filling my diaper. At first it was just a little bit, but then a huge wave of mush forced its way into the seat of my diaper. So I guess I’d say that I try to make it to the bathroom

Mathew said:
When I was younger I would try to hold my pee back once I started having a accident but it usually made no difference. I would end up getting frustrated and the end result was almost always the same, I ended up soaked. I finally just started letting go and enjoying my wetting accidents, always loved the way it feels to pee myself.
I gave up fighting it and now just pee in my nappy.

Reactions: Diprs2, joemama and Mathew
The worst are urges. I always try to go to the bathroom. At first I try not to be too obvious. Sometimes I don't manage on time but can stop the flow for a few minutes. After that I better be in the bathroom ;-(
I know that when the urge hits too strong and I'm leaking in the protection I just freeze. I can't control that. Also unvolontarily check my back for leaks...
At work or with friends I try to be discreet and not squirm beforehand. Or to check more dicreetly for leaks.
But it's very tough for me to resign and not even try to reach the toilets on time. Even in cases when I know it's quite impossible...
The only case I can continue to act normally is when it's a small random leak in the pad. Happens often when I move or get up from my chair. Now I'm quite use to it. Still don't like it but less upset that before. I found pads or pants that manage very well those kind of small leaks.

For those who still have some control like me, how did you manage to let loose when urge hits and you are too far from the toilets ? Anyone still panicking like me ?

I can usually feel it if I am awake I just have no control over it

If I'm not sleeping I know when the urge hits pretty quick. Wetting or messing. It usually happens within a couple of minutes. Most of my BM's happen
while I'm sleeping though I do have daily accidents too. Of course I always worry where it happens for messing. Especially if it's in public. I do use chlorophyll copper so the odor isn't evident right away so I have at least a half hour. But I still try to get away. Wetting happens all the time. I think I'm used to it. As long I'm not leaking I"m OK for awhile. As for the accident begins, I feel the urge starts within a few minutes. I've been IC since the beginning so I don't really panic unless I'm having a big BM.

I have IBS so usually I get some form of cramping before an episode. Usually allows me a little time to make a mad dash to the bathroom. But there have been times where I thought I only had gas so I try to fart and instead have a huge wave of diarrhea. When that happens I can only hope that I have a good diaper on. A couple times I didn't have a diaper on and was in the car and all I can say is thank goodness for a car seat covered.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Fleetwoodmac32192
Pantyman said:
I have IBS so usually I get some form of cramping before an episode. Usually allows me a little time to make a mad dash to the bathroom. But there have been times where I thought I only had gas so I try to fart and instead have a huge wave of diarrhea. When that happens I can only hope that I have a good diaper on. A couple times I didn't have a diaper on and was in the car and all I can say is thank goodness for a car seat covered.
Having IBS, sometimes I also find out too late that, that last fart was NOT gas only. But as I never go without nappies on these days, there usually is no problem with the issue.
However, when my IBS plays up really bad and I have little warning of impeding diarrhea, (RUN to the nearest toilet), even the best of AB diapers can be filled to near capacity in an instant.
So far I have come close to, but not had, a leak in public, (fingers crossed and watch the diet).

In 2014 when I was at work, I used to trop everything I was doing and run to the bathroom. That got really old after a while. I said to heck iwth it and started wearing premium briefs.

Now, when I'm at home I usually try to make it but sometimes don't. At work, I usually just let it happen because i opt for premium diapers deigned to hold multiple voids.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Fleetwoodmac32192
Back