What was your first exposure to abdl community

I was on a business trip in late 1986, and found a copy of 'The Electronic Confessional' in an airport bookstore. The book mentioned DPF, and I wrote for information.

Until that point, I assumed I was one of the very few people who wanted to be diapered and babied. In those pre-internet days, DPF - for all its failings and foibles - was like a mind-expanding drug for many of us.

Reactions: littlemoosey, Angelapinks, nwm and 1 other person
I learned about the ABDL community as a confused tween during the early 2000´s when I asked the Internet if there were more people like me who liked to wear diapers. I was overwhelmed with the search results: discussion forums, story forums, endless blog entries and, of course, pictures; as many as I could imagine. I remember "deeker" and "yior". I remember learning I was a TBDL that would grow into an ABDL.

However my initial approach wasn´t very friendly because one of the first images I saw (which lingers in my mind today) was a gagged senior man in his late 50´s wearing an immensely thick pink cloth diaper with a huge bib and baby bonnet lying down on a giant crib in position to be changed, and next to him was a huge topless lady wearing leather straps holding an open parachute-sized cloth diaper looking down at him lustily. You will certainly agree with me that such was a very shocking image for a confused 12-year-old to see (friendly reminder to always observe NMIK). My eyes couldn´t believe it. It was too much. I cringed. I panicked. I pushed the CPU button to shut my computer off. I didn´t feel relieved to have found more people like me but actually felt even more repulsed by my conduct because for the first time I had realized that this was going to stick with me for the rest of my life, and after reading all those entries of the elder lifelong ABDL I felt like I was forever doomed.

So that´s how I learned about the ABDL community; not the best way, I know, but it´s been a long way and now I feel happy to contribute with my 0.0000001 btc of experience and help other lost souls to find their way in this padded path.

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64, Angelapinks, nwm and 1 other person
In the 1990's I had found the "Diaper Pail Friends" online.
Via Netscape Navigator for Windows.

Reactions: perlFerret and Angelapinks
I remember seeing an ad in Penthouse letters magazine with a drawing of a cute female showing her back side while pinned in a cloth diaper. I was overwhelmed. That was probably in the early eighties. When the internet became available, I found DPF. It blew my mind to see actual photos of guys in their diapers and ads for plastic pants.

Reactions: littlemoosey, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
caitianx said:
In the 1990's I had found the "Diaper Pail Friends" online.
Via Netscape Navigator for Windows.
Oh yea. I had totally forgotten about DPF.

jamiejamie said:
Oh yea. I had totally forgotten about DPF.
DPF, "Tommy's" online community.
I think he is dead now.

caitianx said:
DPF, "Tommy's" online community.
I think he is dead now.
idk for sure, but likely - last I knew for sure he was very sick, and that was quite some years ago.

As far as I can remember from the time that I was a toddler I’ve had an affinity for plastic pants. This didn’t extend to diapers, but when I became incontinent over 6 years ago I began searching the internet for more information and help in dealing with it. That is when I stumbled upon ADISC. It, and its members have been a great help to me in accepting my existing love of plastic pants (I thought I was alone in these desires) and my fledgling love of diapers. This forum has helped me adopt a better attitude towards my IC and the need for items to help me deal with it.

Reactions: steviet and nwm
steviet said:
I remember seeing an ad in Penthouse letters magazine with a drawing of a cute female showing her back side while pinned in a cloth diaper. I was overwhelmed. That was probably in the early eighties. When the internet became available, I found DPF. It blew my mind to see actual photos of guys in their diapers and ads for plastic pants.
I bought lots of those Penthouse Letters books and was amazed at all the things people wrote about. I was also suprised that my girlfriends best friend was equally enthralled by those letters and my girlfriend was not interested.

nwm said:
I actually had seen deeker site - nothing special about it, really. Actually quite boring if I recall properly.
Then I take it you never had any interactions with Deeker?

Long and short of it he was a massive creep who specifically targeted anyone underaged.

• Wow
Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
Tessa said:

Long and short of it he was a massive creep who specifically targeted anyone underaged.
We've had a few underagers here and that's concerning enough...but we've also had a few predators here who've not only targeted them but disabled folks as well. We out them, report them...and out they go. #ZeroTolerance

Reactions: DinoFrant, sinceiwassmall, perlFerret and 1 other person
Tessa said:
No fortunately - just been to the site a few times.
But I did hear all about that bs - after seeing it!
So, no actual interaction at all with that guy, fortunately.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I think when I started getting more about this and looked stuff about adult diapers which led me to here when I was about a teenager. Then I really started learning more and the community and liked it haha

Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and nwm
The first I knew of the community goes back to the early 90’s and my first desktop PC running windows 3.1.
I’d signed up with compuserve as my isp using a dial up modem.
I found the newsgroups and lo and behold pictures of others into wearing nappies/diapers. I adored one particular picture of a young lady in a disposable which I later lost in a hard drive failure.
It helped me realise I was not on my own and any guilt I felt for wanting to wear them or my girly wear evaporated.
As we all know now, the internet has liberated us and enabled to share and support each other. 🥰🥰🥰

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
There was a Channel 4 documentary in the early 80s about infantilism which revealed that I was not the only one, but...
It predated any 'expert' notion of the AB versus the DL (and all inbetween) and also presented 'infantilism' as a middle-class phenomenon, revolving around the whole babying thing.
As a working-class lad, while it assured me that I wasn't the only one, it also presented me with an image of whom I wasn't and would rather not be (middle-class).
As a part of that conflict, it also misdirected me along the lines of the supposed infantilist, that this is what is and that you [me] are that.
As if having the given name of Adrian wasn't bad enough 🙄

A few years later, as a wandering teen, I found a book for sale on a rotating stand in a train station called, The Sex Life Letters.
I furtively read as much as I could without drawing too much attention, such as, "Oi! Are you going to buy that?" from the newsstand keeper.
It was a bit costly, but I did buy it as there were lots of new and strange things and words within it. I had to fight the urge to read it on the train.
Anyway, once I'd narrowed down all this new stuff to what I was interested in, I was still left with the same info and sense as with the earlier tv documentary (again, it was all from a middle-class perspective, telling middle-class experiences of life and lifestyles which had no mutuality with me and mine).

So, still, I felt very much isolated.

It wasn't until coming online (and you take that phrasing any which way you like 🤪) in 2000 that a whole different world of 'infantilism' was revealed to me (albeit, largely American, naturally) and that enabled a course to be set for self-discovery and maturation (ironic given that the internet is probably now the most childish place outside of classrooms, boardrooms and political halls). It coincided with a [finally!] steady job which itself formed a good part of my personal growth.

Reactions: nwm, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
We've had a few underagers here and that's concerning enough...but we've also had a few predators here who've not only targeted them but disabled folks as well. We out them, report them...and out they go. #ZeroTolerance
nwm said:
No fortunately - just been to the site a few times.
But I did hear all about that bs - after seeing it!
So, no actual interaction at all with that guy, fortunately.
Well back then I joined and was admittedly underaged. I joined because I found a group who understands me. Deeker one day messaged me asking about myself and then asked me very personal questions. My sexual experience, what things I like to do in diapers. Then he bombarded me with messages every single day. I blocked him and got away.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, nwm and Angelapinks
Like many here I first became aware of the community of DPF, it was so nice to know I was not alone.
I spent many a long time on DPF and met a few others in person which brilliant, then I joined Daily Diapers and finally joined here years after I should have done 😃

Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and nwm
matt1989 said:
I been in to diapers saints the day I was taking out of them. Probably doesn't help that I wasn't fully day time potty train until the age of four and a half. So for me it started with the goodnight's forms. I was just reading stories when the one kid post about how the goodnight's no longer works for him and started to wear adult diapers to bed. I'll be honest I think the story was fake but that had me looking adult diapers many because I never knew they made adult diapers. I think I was in the 6 gread at this point. That when I came across ABDL website's. I think my first site was diaperspace but back in those days I spent most of my time on foxtelstime.com I liked there stories and artwork. Even had a folder field with printouts of artwork and stories from that site. Wish I still have it there probably artwork in there we no longer have access to. Out of all the online communities this one is still the best one in me opinion.
I remember diaperspace haha! We tell our vanilla friends it was MySpace, but really my husband and I met on diaperspace 😂

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Right after I signed up for Diaper Camp in Alberta, I made contact with a bunch of folks into AB/DL in Portland, Oregon and met up with them through Mommy Patty, who indoctrinated me into the Mommy/Baby way of life...as well as indoctrinated my bare bottom back into paddle-spanking. I got to meet others there, who I miss...especially "Ellie", a bio-male AB sissy. I thought it weird at first but her personality was so adorably sweet, she immediately endeared herself to me. Now...here I am: a toddler girl in diapers. And wonderfully happy about it. 🤗👧🧸🍼🥰🥳
I wonder if there is still a abdl community out there! 🤔

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
ade said:
There was a Channel 4 documentary in the early 80s about infantilism which revealed that I was not the only one, but...
It predated any 'expert' notion of the AB versus the DL (and all inbetween) and also presented 'infantilism' as a middle-class phenomenon, revolving around the whole babying thing.
As a working-class lad, while it assured me that I wasn't the only one, it also presented me with an image of whom I wasn't and would rather not be (middle-class).
As a part of that conflict, it also misdirected me along the lines of the supposed infantilist, that this is what is and that you [me] are that.
As if having the given name of Adrian wasn't bad enough 🙄

A few years later, as a wandering teen, I found a book for sale on a rotating stand in a train station called, The Sex Life Letters.
I furtively read as much as I could without drawing too much attention, such as, "Oi! Are you going to buy that?" from the newsstand keeper.
It was a bit costly, but I did buy it as there were lots of new and strange things and words within it. I had to fight the urge to read it on the train.
Anyway, once I'd narrowed down all this new stuff to what I was interested in, I was still left with the same info and sense as with the earlier tv documentary (again, it was all from a middle-class perspective, telling middle-class experiences of life and lifestyles which had no mutuality with me and mine).

So, still, I felt very much isolated.

It wasn't until coming online (and you take that phrasing any which way you like 🤪) in 2000 that a whole different world of 'infantilism' was revealed to me (albeit, largely American, naturally) and that enabled a course to be set for self-discovery and maturation (ironic given that the internet is probably now the most childish place outside of classrooms, boardrooms and political halls). It coincided with a [finally!] steady job which itself formed a good part of my personal growth.
Channel 4 in the UK was (and still is) a source of information on the enormous diversity that is human sexuality, lifestyle and kink.
It was about the same time (very late 80s or early 90s) I turned the TV to that channel one late evening and there were adult babies on the screen. It focussed on Hazel Jones (HB Enterprises as was) in north Kent. I managed to grab a video tape and bang it into the VCR. Wore the tape out over the following years before the internet was available. That programme was the first I ever knew that there were others 'like me'. I'm not really AB, much more DL overall, but nevertheless the nappies, plastic pants and both the descriptions from Hazel about her customers, including observations about the wide ranging walks of life from which her clients came, and interviews with some of the extraordinarily brave (all) men who went on camera. It was only a 10-15 minute segment; the other part was about pony play which I found as confusing as many would find the ABDL element of the show. A completely different approach to the Springer show that was aired years later. Hazel mentioned the Exchange and Mart and advertising in it. The next day I bought one for the first time and found the advert but never summed up the courage to ring but at least, after 30 years of guilty secrets, I knew that I was not the only one.

Reactions: Blekyss, Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Back