What was your first exposure to abdl community

matt1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I been in to diapers saints the day I was taking out of them. Probably doesn't help that I wasn't fully day time potty train until the age of four and a half. So for me it started with the goodnight's forms. I was just reading stories when the one kid post about how the goodnight's no longer works for him and started to wear adult diapers to bed. I'll be honest I think the story was fake but that had me looking adult diapers many because I never knew they made adult diapers. I think I was in the 6 gread at this point. That when I came across ABDL website's. I think my first site was diaperspace but back in those days I spent most of my time on foxtelstime.com I liked there stories and artwork. Even had a folder field with printouts of artwork and stories from that site. Wish I still have it there probably artwork in there we no longer have access to. Out of all the online communities this one is still the best one in me opinion.

Reactions: Mallowmarsh and Lumos
For me, it started with a dream I had in grade school where I was put back in diapers. The experience was so surreal and made me feel so happy. It was at the same time that my puberty kicked in. I just got fascinated by them in a sexual and mental way. I've been a DL ever since, way before anything ABDL was ever on my radar.

• Love
Reactions: Prillprillprill and ARBBB2
I didn't know this was ABDL, but probably my first ever crush when I was like 12 or something. Back in the early days of the internet I'd chat on this semi anonymous chat room where you put in any username and chat. There was this boy with the screen name diaperboy something or other who claimed to be 16. He didn't talk about diapers, but he was really sweet. We'd talk every day for a couple days then disappeared. I still remember him lol

Mild reference to ABDL. Another was this neopets friend in my early teens who absolutely loved this one species of baby pet and would ask me to draw it all the time always asking me to draw a diaper on it. She was really nice. Can't remember her name for the life of me.

Reactions: LePew, Angelapinks, CutieProtector and 2 others
I think the very first time I saw anything related to ABDL was that one episode of 1,000 Ways to Die. Of course I didn't realize those stories aren't real and that was an obvious dramatization but that episode still sticks with me today.

After that, it was a ex-friend and her boyfriend who introduced me for real to the concept of ABDL. I think they might've both been switches but it's been so long since I talked to either of them that I can't even remember.

In between all of that I spent years wishing I could be babied and taken care of. Baby Neopets were definitely my favorite type of Neopet and I always thought the trope of characters being diapered and babied in TV shows was the best thing ever and those types of episodes were always my favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadoodle
First exposure was via the Jerry Springer show in the early 90’s on an episode that featured adult babies. I remember watching the commercials for the upcoming episode at the time thinking, “I am not the only boy in the world who likes to wear Pampers!”. Most memorable and exciting memory was when I found out that the Tykables store had opened less than 10 minutes from where I lived!

Reactions: Deleted member 60285, ARBBB2, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
I first began instinctively engaging in regressive behavior when I was around 15 (circa 2003), at the onset of my depression and anxiety; I secretly went back to stuff like playing with toys, watching preschooler shows, sucking my thumb, etc., but when that eventually branched into intentionally going to the bathroom in my pants, I was confused enough to look that specific part up on the internet to see if there was an explanation for it or if other people did the same. It didn't take long before I discovered AB/DL, though I don't remember the exact sites I first came across; whatever the major sites were at the time, I almost certainly browsed them.

I've enjoyed wetting my diapers since I was a teen in the in the late 50's. I'm not at all sure when I first knew that others shared my love for wearing diapers and rubber pants and going potty in them, but I do remember around 1980 or so, seeing ads in local papers about adult diapers, plastic pants, and other fetish stuff and found a store in the Hollywood area of LA that sold adult cloth diapers, plastic pants, diaper pins, large pacifers and other sexual fetish goods. I bought some of their diapers and the sales lady talked to me about diaper fetishs and how it was more common than I thought. That of course was long before the internet. I think it was a few years later that I became aware of Diaper Pail Fraternity, later called DPF. I also remember short stories or letters to the editor in Forum regarding guys who liked wearing diapers, wetting in them and girlfriends discovering their big secrets.

• Love
Reactions: BabyZinga, slipperywhenwet, ARBBB2 and 1 other person
Although I was using diapers occasionally, I really wasn't aware of others until:
  • I found a website called Diaper Pail Friends (DPF) many years ago
  • I saw some articles and letters in a magazine called Forum Variations (I think)
I'm not sure which came first, it was a very long time ago.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, SimCo and nwm
I was a kid on the Goodnites forum and someone posted a comment about a website or something about how they felt about wearing GoodNites. It made me realize that some adults like to wear diapers and pretend to be kids. I didn't tell anyone I saw that but I think my sister found out because she asked me about it later when she used the computer.

Well, I was always ic - so never out of diapers at all, also plenty of other issues, lots of other AB items around to (but at the time, not called that) for practical reasons (made things MUCH easier for everyone, including myself).
Really started noticing that part around 10th grade and that involved a girl I was interested in at the time (explaind in a differant thread) looking back on it - I would say she was a CG even if she didn't know it herself at the time.
But it wasn't until age 25 or so that I even heard the term AB or TB, or know of any such community. That came with an internet search for ic support forums - and came up with a lot of sites that had both. But the site that still sticks out the most for AB is DPF. Used others for ic, but kept coming back to DPF for some reason.
Can't remember exactly what now - but it also sticks out (mainly because Tommy chimed in) the first post I put there actuall violate almost every one of Tommy's rules - but it was also quite funny so he choose to just leave it there, and the comment from him was basically pointing out just how meny rules I violated with that one post - however he was letting it go because he found it very humorous.

Aged about 13 I read a letter in a problem page in a newspaper in the school library, in which a man said he was having relationship problems because he was attracted to wearing nappies and being treated like a baby. He said he also liked being spanked.

My heart nearly stopped when I read it because up to that point (including when I had first bought adult nappies from Boots the Chemist), I thought I was the only person in the world that wanted to wear nappies.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Deleted member 60117 and nwm
My obsession started when I was maybe like 9 or 10...My friend who was a few years younger then me wore pull-ups and I was fascinated by them! I'd wear them swim with them sleep with them and so on! I didn't know anything about abdl until more recent years! And now I'm here!

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and nwm
The internet in the early part of my teenage years (circa early 2000's)

It initially started with a search for anything having to do with adult diapers and one of those searches lead me to a few AB/DL sites.

However, my fascination with diapers began long before that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
My first contact with a community around diapers and age play was the Human Sexuality forums on CompuServe. I’m pretty sure I must’ve heard about them from a Usenet post on something like alt.sex.fetish.diapers

I was terrified at first to actually talk to anyone. So much shame, doubt and secrecy... I was in my 40s before I got into deep connections and fully honest sharing. And then I discovered every single thing I thought was the most weird and embarrassing about my own history and play was … quite common.

Reactions: Angelapinks and DwarvenDL
The alt.sex.fetish.diapers newsgroup on usenet in the fall of 1994. I was 18. The "discussion" there was pretty off-putting and not something I wanted to get involved with at all, but it was evidence that I wasn't the only person in the world who liked wearing and using diapers. That was at least something. It was another almost-20 years before I joined ADISC and interacted with other ABDLs for the first time.

Reactions: DLYUL, Angelapinks, nwm and 1 other person
My first contact with the community was when I was 11-12 in the early days of the internet in the late 1990s. My grandparents had a web tv in the rom I stayed in and I started staying up late at night browsing the web, first for “pampers size 6” and then for “pampers for adults.” This led me to discover DPF.com, and for the first time I knew that I was not alone. In fact, the first thing I read on the site was for teens that actually said “you are not alone.” I must have read the greatest story ever told 20 times. Naturally, this was also yet another cause of “getting caught” because I didn’t know how web history worked at the time…After this time I was discovered I suppressed my desires until after college, when I discovered ADISC. This site is a wonderful refuge where I can feel safe and accepted by others, and I am truly grateful to have found it.

Reactions: Angelapinks, BabyZinga, DwarvenDL and 2 others
My first exposure was in September of 1997 or August, right around the time school started. I decided to type in diapers and I found message boards about kids and adults wearing them and how they like them. I also found some photos of adults dressed as babies and in diapers. I think I typed "adults in diapers." I also found chapters of Ashley's Diaper Adventure. I thought it was a real story then and that a kid had written it about their life and it was their diary. That was the first time I had found out I was not the only one who liked diapers.

Reactions: Angelapinks
In the 90s I found news groups, wetset, and DPF. Blew my mind that I was not alone.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, BeTrue, Angelapinks and 1 other person
One of my first memories was asking my Mum to be put back into a nappy (around 3yo) but for many years after puberty I ‘forgot’ all about the desires.
I remember reading occasional stories in adult magazines of men/women liking nappies but it wasn’t until I got my first home computer back in the late 90s that I searched for adult products and found the term ABDL.

Funny enough I never worried that I could be the only person who had an ‘attraction’ to nappies when I was young so finding a whole community wasn’t as exciting for me.

Reactions: aroninanappy and Angelapinks
I wanted diapers from 5 years old and on, was potty trained at 9 months my mother said, had my first big O. in a diaper and comic book served as a plastic pants for the crinkle sound summer between first and second grade, have been obsessed with diapers and cars ever since that summer. Read DPF and the ads in the back, wanted to meet adult babies, then read a Nugget magazine , it had stories in the comment section and for the first time I realized I was not the only person into diapers and was not crazy! My wife was not happy because of all my attention given to diapers, but diapers are a big part of me, and I can not stop. $1000's of dollars spent on therapy and until 1 1/2 years ago she thought I would stop. and I did for 2 years once, two and a half year, 18 months one time, but finally meet two therapists and now realize its part of me, and so I sleep in guest room with a plastic mattress cover and diapers almost every night and sometimes in the day, which she does not approve of at all. But will not stop, have given in to her wants and wishes for 52 years, its diaper time for this daddy(by daddy I mean I have been a daddy to 4 abdl girls and I love that as much as being a baby!) and abdl baby to live a little of my life as I need !!! That my sound selfish, but my friends, that know, my children and a couple of my grand children all say go for it, you deserve it, and that's what I am doing !!!!!

Last edited:
Back